AFL Player #13: Nik Cox - Subbed out vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

continuing to slow burn away, which is good.

Seems to now favour his left peg which to me looks more natural even if his right is nominally his more dominant side. That 3rd goal in particular he sold Andrew up the river because he looked like he was going right and then went left.

What was his role on the weekend to allow 3 goals from within 15m? Because from all reports he was still playing wing, but I find it really hard to believe when his shots were all so close to goal?

Attachments

• IMG_3556.png
    IMG_3556.png
    749.4 KB · Views: 16
What was his role on the weekend to allow 3 goals from within 15m? Because from all reports he was still playing wing, but I find it really hard to believe when his shots were all so close to goal?
Moved forward when Langford went off.

Feels like the type of guy who might have the ability to run forward and kick goals from the wing... but might not necessarily be as effective playing as a forward with a direct opponent (Simply opinion-based, nothing to back that up).

Similar to how certain ruckmen have always been good at pushing forward, burning off their opposing ruck to kick a goal. But try actually playing them forward and they look slow and cumbersome without a lot of forward craft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like the type of guy who might have the ability to run forward and kick goals from the wing... but might not necessarily be as effective playing as a forward with a direct opponent (Simply opinion-based, nothing to back that up).

Similar to how certain ruckmen have always been good at pushing forward, burning off their opposing ruck to kick a goal. But try actually playing them forward and they look slow and cumbersome without a lot of forward craft.

Whoever is defending him will probably afford him no respect whatsoever. Langford is known as a very accurate kick for goal so you can't let him get marks i50. Cox, less so.

He'll need to work his tail off running if he's filling in for Langford, drag his opponent up and back mercilessly the way Nick Reiwoldt used to.

Playing where’s Waldo with Cox this week… is he back (helping cover for Redman out)? Is he playing forward (plenty in the game day thread suggesting)? Does he start on the wing (where he’s played most this year)?
His utility is a real asset to the team. Looking really solid every week now… a few stray handballs aside ;)

Playing where’s Waldo with Cox this week… is he back (helping cover for Redman out)? Is he playing forward (plenty in the game day thread suggesting)? Does he start on the wing (where he’s played most this year)?
His utility is a real asset to the team. Looking really solid every week now… a few stray handballs aside ;)
Definitely looks more a utility now than he did at the start of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if he has stints back, forward and on a wing this week. It's just good to see him getting a consistent run at it again. He's going to be a gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #13: Nik Cox - Subbed out vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back