Mega Thread #14 David Mackay - 14 possessions again

Can we piss off with these * is going next year and unsigned threads

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Same excuse Noble used to keep Wright in the team for so long in 2015, despite him contributing little.

I'd have Wright everyday of the week over Mackay.

Why are you guys complaining about him stinking it up? He'll be out of the team if he keeps this up.

But that's just it, he does "keep it up" and continues to get picked.

Is there something specific you object to? Or is it just that I'm not like the sheeple around here, who believe in attacking him because that's what the "in crowd" does?

There's two avenues of attack here.

1. There's those attacking him as a player, whipping-boy-esque.

2. Then there's those attacking the club's decision to give him 1.6 mil over four years.

There's scope for a discussion about point 1. Very little scope for a discussion about point 2. It was a ridiculous, embarrassing list management decision.

There's two avenues of attack here.

1. There's those attacking him as a player, whipping-boy-esque.

2. Then there's those attacking the club's decision to give him 1.6 mil over four years.

There's scope for a discussion about point 1. Very little scope for a discussion about point 2. It was a ridiculous, embarrassing list management decision.
This entire thread is about giving Mackay the whipping-boy treatment. He did nothing to deserve it during Friday night's game, but the sheeple can't help themselves.

As for point #2 - I have always agreed that the contract was 2 years too many.

This entire thread is about giving Mackay the whipping-boy treatment. He did nothing to deserve it during Friday night's game, but the sheeple can't help themselves.

13 touches from 85% TOG says he deserves it

13 touches from 85% TOG says he deserves it
13 touches is nothing to write home about, but the way the sheeple are carrying on here it's as if 8 of those 13 touches were turnovers.

Many of our other senior players were just as bad, or even worse - much, much worse in the case of our illustrious Captain. Yet Mackay gets his own thread, because 1970crow has a sick obsession with him, and the rest of the sheeple just follow along attacking their favourite whipping boy.

I'm not defending him and saying he played well. He didn't. He clearly wasn't one of our better players on the night. Equally clearly, he wasn't even remotely close to being one of our worst players - and as such he doesn't deserve a whipping boy thread like this, filled with mindless drivel written by a bunch of sheeple.

13 touches is nothing to write home about, but the way the sheeple are carrying on here it's as if 8 of those 13 touches were turnovers.

Many of our other senior players were just as bad, or even worse - much, much worse in the case of our illustrious Captain. Yet Mackay gets his own thread, because 1970crow has a sick obsession with him, and the rest of the sheeple just follow along attacking their favourite whipping boy.

I'm not defending him and saying he played well. He didn't. He clearly wasn't one of our better players on the night. Equally clearly, he wasn't even remotely close to being one of our worst players - and as such he doesn't deserve a whipping boy thread like this, filled with mindless drivel written by a bunch of sheeple.

That may be the most uses of the word "sheeple" I've ever seen in a post anywhere that didn't include mention of one or more of:
  • Chemtrails
  • Area 51
  • The Bildeberg Group
  • Lizard people secretly ruling the earth
  • Fake moon landings
  • 9/11 being an inside job

He was our second worst player adjusting for experience (after Walker)

Is there something specific you object to? Or is it just that I'm not like the sheeple around here, who believe in attacking him because that's what the "in crowd" does?

Only that you are a fence sitter on the topic that "Mackay back to his best"...the thread title.
My mind was made up long before this leopard seemingly, has change his spots.
You can call people sheeple until the cows come home (pun intended) but at least those people are adamant he has no upside and never has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only that you are a fence sitter on the topic that "Mackay back to his best"...the thread title.
My mind was made up long before this leopard seemingly, has change his spots.
You can call people sheeple until the cows come home (pun intended) but at least those people are adamant he has no upside and never has.
The only things I'm adamant about when it comes to Mackay are:
  • The OP has a sick obsession with him.
  • He is the board's biggest whipping boy, and that he doesn't deserve most of the crap that has been posted in this thread, by sheeple without minds of their own.
Mackay is what he is.. and has been for years. He holds his place because none of the youngsters have been good enough to force him out of the team. Given what was shown on Friday night, that trend looks likely to continue in 2017. I really do wish that our youngsters were good enough to force him out, because replacing one player with a better one improves the team overall.

...and yet he is back to his best in some quarters.
Says it all really.
You do realise that the OP was being sarcastic - and that nobody, nobody whatsoever, has actually said that Mackay performed well on Friday night?

There is literally no quarter in which he is regarded as being "back to his best". You seem to be lacking this vital context.

He holds his place because none of the youngsters have been good enough to force him out of the team.
I think that could be debated if you go back over the last couple of years.

You do realise that the OP was being sarcastic - and that nobody, nobody whatsoever, has actually said that Mackay performed well on Friday night?

There is literally no quarter in which he is regarded as being "back to his best". You seem to be lacking this vital context.

My apologies...no I didn't.

As for point #2 - I have always agreed that the contract was 2 years too many.

Bullshit, he played mostly midfield over 85% TOG and got his hands on it 13 times plus 1 tackle. This was the same shit that you described as very good last year. That's why he's back to his best and after 160 games, it's time we moved on.

After seeing him winded, crying and gasping for air twice in the first ten minutes,and before he'd layed hands on the ball, I thought we were in for one of those games, but in true DMAC fashion he steadied himself, got back into the game and ended up being on of our better senior players tonight.
I have a feeling he is in for a big one this year. Could this b the year?

He actually looks to have finnaly shed a lot of the bulk he put on through the Sando years and as such looks to be gliding over the turf far more freely than he has done over the past couple of seasons.

LMFAO. Love these quotes:

"winded and gasping for air twice in the first ten minutes"
"true DMAC fashion"
"ended up being one of our better senior players"
"have a feeling he is in for a big one this year"
And the biggie....."gliding over the turf". Guffaw!

The guy is a hack and always has been a hack. Damn, he makes VB look like a superstar. I cringe every time he goes near the ball.

Averages less than 17 possessions per game over his "stellar" 9 year career. Does nothing else to demand a place in the side (except maybe have some incriminating photos of Chappy methinks).

Genuine all-rounder - can't kick, can't tackle, can't mark, can't run. Genuine list-clogger.

Bloody hell, we couldn't even trade him a couple of years ago as he stunk it up at the trade table.

He will go down as the worst 200 gamer in our club's history (if he makes it).

Yes, he is my whipping-boy, but he well and truly deserves it.

He looked like being a smooth mover for us through the middle in his early days. Run, footskills and a hint of daring to his play.

Has lost all three facets plus somehow got weaker the longer he's been in the system.

There's too much leadership at the club. Not enough players making sure that Numero Uno plays good

Although I'm sure this has been vaguely discussed and provable to some degree, maybe he's paid well to not play the ball, take it for the team and lead to positions the ball wont go dragging opponents with him, maybe his non-statistical game is simply keeping certain play makers, stay on him where the ball isnt. It's all I can fathom logically and a player taking that bitter pill needs compensation.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He looked like being a smooth mover for us through the middle in his early days. Run, footskills and a hint of daring to his play.

Has lost all three facets plus somehow got weaker the longer he's been in the system.

There's too much leadership at the club. Not enough players making sure that Numero Uno plays good
Like the "right in front of me" final vs collingwood, I thought we had a player. He was brilliant- got 30 touches.

Hasn't done it since.

In fact, he's only been over 20 touches about 30 times in a 160 game career. With 0.3 goals per game.

Wowsers.

The only things I'm adamant about when it comes to Mackay are:
  • The OP has a sick obsession with him.
  • He is the board's biggest whipping boy, and that he doesn't deserve most of the crap that has been posted in this thread, by sheeple without minds of their own.
Mackay is what he is.. and has been for years. He holds his place because none of the youngsters have been good enough to force him out of the team. Given what was shown on Friday night, that trend looks likely to continue in 2017. I really do wish that our youngsters were good enough to force him out, because replacing one player with a better one improves the team overall.

Vader this thinking is the very problem at our club

Most good clubs would have made. Call on DMac by now as he fails consistently to have an impact on games and by doing so used his spot in the team to invest in the future and provide opportunities for a young player to develop

Coaches must create scope for young talent to develop otherwise you go nowhere

Last edited:
Although I'm sure this has been vaguely discussed and provable to some degree, maybe he's paid well to not play the ball, take it for the team and lead to positions the ball wont go dragging opponents with him, maybe his non-statistical game is simply keeping certain play makers, stay on him where the ball isnt. It's all I can fathom logically and a player taking that bitter pill needs compensation.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread #14 David Mackay - 14 possessions again

Back