Player Watch #15: Dylan Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

Not entirely sure he was going to gain any advantage if he'd taken that possession on the wing to be fair. Maybe he could have fumbled the ball over the boundary line. More than likely he would have been gang tackled and that would have likely led to a free against.

I'm not seeing the same level of angst for the mis kicks by LDU, Sheez, Elvis and even Colby that directly turned the ball over.

I hold out hope that Stevens can succeed in this team as they rise up over the next couple of years.

Not entirely sure he was going to gain any advantage if he'd taken that possession on the wing to be fair. Maybe he could have fumbled the ball over the boundary line. More than likely he would have been gang tackled and that would have likely led to a free against.

I'm not seeing the same level of angst for the mis kicks by LDU, Sheez, Elvis and even Colby that directly turned the ball over.

I hold out hope that Stevens can succeed in this team as they rise up over the next couple of years.
They gained massive advantage by picking it up uncontested. He just needed to put the body on and try to make it a ball up, it was pathetic.

Tossed a footy to a teenager wearing a Swans guernsey when the players were doing the boundary crowd celebrations post game. Just felt a bit wrong when there are little kids in North jumpers hanging over the fence desperate for some love.

Interesting isn’t it.

Bailey Scott did precisely the same thing last week, coincidentally in almost exactly the same spot, which lead directly to a Bulldogs goal.

Both efforts were really disappointing but the level of angst has been very different.

Interesting isn’t it.

Bailey Scott did precisely the same thing last week, coincidentally in almost exactly the same spot, which lead directly to a Bulldogs goal.

Both efforts were really disappointing but the level of angst has been very different.
I think all the angst is about the squib at half forward, not the non-effort on the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tossed a footy to a teenager wearing a Swans guernsey when the players were doing the boundary crowd celebrations post game. Just felt a bit wrong when there are little kids in North jumpers hanging over the fence desperate for some love.

The short step wasn't great but forgetting what team he plays for is unforgivable.

They gained massive advantage by picking it up uncontested. He just needed to put the body on and try to make it a ball up, it was pathetic.

I only saw the one replay on the big screen but I suspect the camera angle didn't do him any favours in that he didn't have direct access to the ball and would have been blocked even if he'd cracked in. But still, he had to make the effort if only for the optics.

Maybe it was a rello? Just trying to give benefit of the doubt.

He’s got the potential to be a seriously good link up player. Beautiful kick of the ball, decent pace, just needs to up his intensity. Hoping it comes. There’s a lot to use if he can get that part right.
I know his family on both sides, not well but people I’m close to are close to them.
He’s not the first in his family to be seen as a great bonus in good teams, cop a bit of criticism in poor ones.
I hope his value improves as we do as a team.

Maybe it was a rello? Just trying to give benefit of the doubt.
Didn’t look like it was a relative. Kid was a fair way back. First q I thought was going to be a breakout game. I’ll give him a mulligan on what appeared to be a squib. I think bought in two minds as to whether to go or contain. Looked bad and had a bad result. Jury still well and truly out.

Didn’t look like it was a relative. Kid was a fair way back. First q I thought was going to be a breakout game. I’ll give him a mulligan on what appeared to be a squib. I think bought in two minds as to whether to go or contain. Looked bad and had a bad result. Jury still well and truly out.
Oh, it is. Just think we read too much into these things sometimes. Maybe he just missed the throw….

Player Watch #15: Dylan Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back