#16 Pick - Ben Jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cringe at the whole jacobs thing not jsut cos of ben himself, but the whole over acheiving of primus in the final rounds of the previous year that saw us jump the crows on the ladder. We should have had long time port fan brodie smith in that draft. ANd if we didnt get him then we should be watching lycett in the ruck now instead of trengove.

that whole draft was a total **** up. post draft trading got us polec back, but still dont change the draft that it was.

Unpopular opinion but I think Jacobs will probably end up being pretty good.

A bit like Tom Scully I think he will develop his defensive side now and then as he gains confidence and experience start to rediscover his attacking/accumulating game and end up a pretty well rounded player with a nice long kick.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wish Moore and Newton the best - at least they tried their guts out.

Jacobs looked like someone had run over his dog when he was handed the jumper for the first time. No love lost.

i cringe at the whole jacobs thing not jsut cos of ben himself, but the whole over acheiving of primus in the final rounds of the previous year that saw us jump the crows on the ladder. We should have had long time port fan brodie smith in that draft. ANd if we didnt get him then we should be watching lycett in the ruck now instead of trengove.

that whole draft was a total **** up. post draft trading got us polec back, but still dont change the draft that it was.

Smith isn't that good.

And nor is Lycett.

I wish Moore and Newton the best - at least they tried their guts out.

Jacobs looked like someone had run over his dog when he was handed the jumper for the first time. No love lost.
So true. When I saw his first interview, you thought he was going to leave and the club hoped they could turn him around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be
Why does anyone even care?
Because two poor drafts in a row has cost us a lot down the track. If one of Jacobs, Butcher or Moore had turned out to be a quality player we may be sitting with another flag. We were that close, we are further away now. You can't stuff up 3 first rounders in 2 years and not pay the consequences

Smith isn't that good.

And nor is Lycett.

i dont watch the crows or WCE that often, so cant really comment. But i have seen both of them play cracking games. If smith was AA, he cant be that bad. And even if he isnt that good, he still would be better than many on our list. Add lycett, well all he has to be is better than Lobbe, he cant be that bad either.

Yeah I can't say I have noticed B Jacobs and I am personally offended that the Toump is compared to him. B Jacobs was a soft squib. I think the Toump is just warming up to his game. The Toump is no squib. Please no more comparisons to Jacobs.
Nah, Jacobs definitely not soft

Be

Because two poor drafts in a row has cost us a lot down the track. If one of Jacobs, Butcher or Moore had turned out to be a quality player we may be sitting with another flag. We were that close, we are further away now. You can't stuff up 3 first rounders in 2 years and not pay the consequences

very true. you need your top picks to work out as a minimum. THen how far you go depends on how well you go with the later picks.

Jacobs was a total balls up , as was butcher and moore. thank god for pittard.

Be

If this thread was called How Port stuffed up two drafts in a row your comment would make sense. It's a thread about Ben Jacobs and there are plenty of comments here still running him down personally. Who cares how he's going? He moved on, we've moved on, get over it.

Some people here are coming across as poor man's Dangerfield crows whingers.

I couldn't give a stuff what Ben Jacobs is doing now. It's out of my control and it doesn't affect how Port is going.

Ford, pls.

padlock_PNG9428.png

Fair call raman - if you want to discuss recruiting decisions there are other more relevant threads and enough on Ben Jacobs. Looks like the return of Patty D was a full moon moment for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back