List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 39, 57, 93, 111, 129)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it worth it trying to acquire Brisbane's pick 18 assuming we bundle up a bunch of picks assuming that we get picks for this years draft for the likes of Soldo. Clurey etc.? I just don't know since its a strong even draft this year and there could very well be draft steals or gems hidden. Not to mention pick 18 will blow out to a pick in the 20's.

He is drifting because he had a poor state champs and there are question marks on his outside ability.

Still think he is a gun and worthy of a top 5 pick.
Yeah, 100%! That Pat Cripps’ outside game isn’t the best in the comp, but he still makes do week to week.

Looking at those Power Rankings we would want to get inside the top 10 to be sure of getting one of the more highly fancied players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at those Power Rankings we would want to get inside the top 10 to be sure of getting one of the more highly fancied players.
I am actually the opposite, I have some questions on value for pick in relation to some in the top 10.

I would much rather have 2 in 10-18 range. Take Tauru and Hotton.

Is Tauru 191cm or 194cm? If it's the former, I'll pass.
193cm but if you've seen him play you wouldn't say you'll pass on him. I think our issue is that we keep trying to get these strong key forwards like Dixon and Esava but the modern footy profile is moving away from that. Its more about dynamic and mobile forwards. Moving away from Dixon and Esava will force a different way of forward 50 entry.

Tauru is one of the best in this draft from contested marks too. Take a look at his highlights. Could be one of the underrated picks in this draft imo

Maybe ..

Smith
Reid
Langford
Allan
O’Sullivan
Lalor
Smillie
Draper
Hotton
Armstrong
Trainor

Probably a pretty decent 11, and then there’s always a shock.

Pretty even group too, tho there’s a cpl there in less keen on then others.

Maybe ..

Smith
Reid
Langford
Allan
O’Sullivan
Lalor
Smillie
Draper
Hotton
Armstrong
Trainor

Probably a pretty decent 11, and then there’s always a shock.

Pretty even group too, tho there’s a cpl there in less keen on then others.
It’s a very even top 10, but according to a person that works in recruiting that I know not one of them would have been ranked alongside of the top handful last year, including curtin who went at 8.

It’s a very even top 10, but according to a person that works in recruiting that I know not one of them would have been ranked alongside of the top handful last year, including curtin who went at 8.
Yes I would have Reid, McKercher, Walter, Duursma and Watson in the top 5 of this draft too. From then onwards I would say it is quite even. The top echelon of this draft isnt as good as last year's. But the quality goes almost into the 3rd round whereas I'd say last year it was looking average from early 2nd round

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 39, 57, 93, 111, 129)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back