Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

So it's OK for us too steal others like Meatball & Lynch.
Dimma wasn't GCs ex premiership coast and life member, he has 16 other teams to choose from and he picks ours = campaigner

Dan has been a part of 3 flags and played in front of the largest crowds possible. Thank you for your service.
He is not going to be playing in another flag side and he will be playing to the lowest crowds possible, for a side that has never tasted finals success.

Even if he stayed, he won't be part of the next Tiger's flag, but his move to sunny queensland will facilitate us building our next generation of premiership players.

The way I'm seeing it - Having Caracella back and the likelihood of having at least pick 6 and more (from this trade, Bolton and Baker) is great news - we will have our next generation of premiership players than be stuck in the post Tasmania wilderness.
That’s right he will not be apart of our next success. As a club we have to go all in come the draft.

He drops everything for daddy Dimma. Signed for 5 years not too long ago for his beloved tigers and to stay with his mates and lead the kids. At least Maurice is sticking with us. I call crap on Dan lol. Moving on now. I’ll boo him though :cool:
things change mate.....gf now fiancee, tiges biting the bullet and rebuilding.....grigga, campbell, rancey, (brando will also keep living up that way im hearin) and dimma has big plans and dan will be one of the drivers.

things change mate.....gf now fiancee, tiges biting the bullet and rebuilding.....grigga, campbell, rancey, (brando will also keep living up that way im hearin) and dimma has big plans and dan will be one of the drivers.
Mad tiger doesn’t like changes from players to coaches over the years lol.

I simply don't have emotional attachment to players anymore.
Other than Dusty, it just not worth it these days.
Contracts mean nothing other than security for the player and more bargaining power for the club when player requests a move.
Forgive me not being sad at anyone leaving from now on.
Exactly how I’m feeling. Apart from dusty Richo cotch and jack. Not emotionally attached to players generally.

I’ve watched Dan with interest and I’ll watch how he goes at the suns. No ill will.

Not even mad at Dimma - literally doing his job to - he’s there to make Gold Coast competitive - on and off field.

No one should be surprised by this. Some tried to delude themselves that there was nothing to it, but the speculation was too loud and too consistent.
We need to apologize to the Channel 10 reporter that got wind of this earlier in the season & doorstepped Rioli at the Airport.

Everyone said it was BS even people on here that respect & take people's opinions seriously.

IT was all true this was in APRIL. people laughed it off of Dimma & Rioli just catching up for his birthday for a drink.

Exactly how I’m feeling. Apart from dusty Richo cotch and jack. Not emotionally attached to players generally.

I’ve watched Dan with interest and I’ll watch how he goes at the suns. No ill will.

Not even mad at Dimma - literally doing his job to - he’s there to make Gold Coast competitive - on and off field.
My beef with dimma is he outright lied to us.
So much for being a Richmond man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My beef with dimma is he outright lied to us.
So much for being a Richmond man.
The club needs to stop being soft at the trade table like in the past, this is now Modern Warfare at the trade table.

We gave up way too much for Hopper, now it's our turn to get massive overs for a player.

I’m sad about this due to the rioli connection to the club but from a pure football perspective pick 6 would be hard to turn down

Hawks have shown us a blue print on how to clear out and move up but next year will be dire

the pies fans think they are going to get good picks for john noble 🤣🤣🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back