Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Noble a better player than Rioli. My god that is delusional. Lukocious worth pick 4 when he was dropped from the Sun's team recently ?

Silly season starting early.
Is that what the Pies fans are saying? they are all off their chops than!

Thought he’d hang around to help the kids and stay loyal and provide leadership. But walks out on the club mid contract instead. Disappointing decision by him. High pick is great but we’ll have plenty of picks and needed him a lot more than the others that are going. Didn’t expect him to drop everything for Dimma. Oh well bugger off lol
Not saying you … but we’ve become an entitled and totally arrogant mob.
As we have sunk deeper and deeper into the mire this season, have heard non-stop crap about Rioli being a Richmond man, Bolton being a Richmond man, Baker bleeding yellow and black.
‘They’ll never leave.’
It was bleeding obvious they wanted out.
It’s a f***** business and they can go!
Loyalty for the most part died 20 years ago. Get used to it.
It’s why some people on here don’t blow wind up players a***s.
They’re ALL as loyal as the next pay cheque or opportunity.
But as I’ve said, my respect for Broad has skyrocketed in seven days.

Is that what the Pies fans are saying? they are all off their chops than!
Basically. Overrating their spuds in readiness for lowballing clubs with players they will target.

Crows to give pick 4 to Suns for lucosious, and then that pick given to Collingwood for Noble.

Pies fans worried that Suns might use that pick (4) for Rioli so they don't have to provide us with pick 6 AND the second pick (or whatever else might be needed).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m all for this with the right compensation.

Rioli doesn’t owe us anything considering he WAS the whipping boy in his forward days around 2020 and he would’ve felt every part of it.

He’s been brilliant at half back and always put in 110% on match days so there’s not much more you can ask for as a fan.

At 28, we should remember how quickly they can fall off a cliff and lose their trade value. A classic example is none of us regret losing Deledio with hindsight but at the time it was like the club was falling apart.

If we get a Jagga or Lalor for pick 7 plus some goodies it’s worth every bit of this trade and we wish him all the best in GC.

Last edited:

Rioli doesn’t owe us anything considering he WAS the whipping boy in his forward days around 2020 and he would’ve felt every part of it.

He’s been brilliant at half back and always put in 110% on match days so there’s not much more you can ask for as a fan.

At 28, we should remember how quickly they can fall off a cliff and lose their trade value. A classic example is non of us regret losing Deledio with hindsight but at the time it was like the club was falling apart.

If we get a Jagga or Lalor for pick 7 plus some goodies it’s worth every bit of this trade and we wish him all the best in GC.
Well said he owes us nothing a 28 year old and we get a fairly early pick I would take it everyday of the week

At 28, we should remember how quickly they can fall off a cliff and lose their trade value. A classic example is non of us regret losing Deledio with hindsight but at the time it was like the club was falling apart.

He goes with my blessing he put in right to the last game , pity a few of his mates didn’t emulate that , he’s a class act with leadership potential ,,,we can legit command a high price , he’s in peak career form

That’s right, correct me if i am wrong but Lynch did the same thing leaving the suns to come to us. Goes both ways people.
Yeah but GC are a minnow club. Who wouldn't want to leave that piss weak franchise with no soul playing in front of 5k fans tops to playing on the hallowed turf of the MCG in front of 80k tiger fans?

Everyone needs to calm the **** down. The trade will have been agreed many weeks ago. There will be haggling to the end, but this is hardly a shock.

Thank you Daniel. You were a star and you'll always be warmly received in Richmond.

Let's get those early draft picks rolling in. Pay up Dimma.
Stay Calm Chill Out GIF by Stan.

Pick 6 and 13 gc campaigners , they want him he’s in contract so pony up

What happens now with Daniel Liarioli and the b and f ? Surely he’s not allowed to attend , lying sack of 💩
yep...they gc can faaark offfff......we need to agree to a trade. we hold the power. he can play vfl next year if we choose....it's 6 and 13 and all of his salary or it does not happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Requested A Trade To Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back