1st Test - Australia v England

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia 1/139 Hayden and Ponting cruising.

Simon Jones looks in all soughts of trouble :(

poor guy, absolutely heartbreaking. Lets hope its not too serious but it doesn't look good unfortunately.

Originally posted by hourn
Australia 1/139 Hayden and Ponting cruising.

Simon Jones looks in all soughts of trouble :(

poor guy, absolutely heartbreaking. Lets hope its not too serious but it doesn't look good unfortunately.

from what ive seen so far their fielding is woeful. i can recall two occasions now where the slide dive has gone horribly wrong, a failed catch, overthrows and misfields when the ball is hit straight to them.

its one thing to watch tapes of how the australians field, but they really need to practice it before they start putting the slide dive into action.

There was a fielding error in the very first over and I immediately thought, 'the Poms havent improved a bit!'

What a joke, they have had one and a half years to figure out how to catch a ball since the last Ashes series and they still cant get that right. How can you expect them to bowl and bat half decently if they cant even catch?!

Its going to be another one sided Ashes series...fantastic!

What a great day! Surely this is the most insipid England side since 1993? Don't care about their injuries - my great grandma could have fielded better, and she's dead!

As for Nasser's brain explosion in sending us in on the biggest highway I've seen in Brisbane - well an Aussie captain would be under pressure to keep his job!

Bad luck for Jones - but no excuses for the rest of them.

Let's hope Hayden can go all the way tomorrow - Lara's record could be in trouble.

Re: My Tip?

Originally posted by Simon_Nesbit

Australia wrap up the series 3-0 in the first three games, then 'rest' a few key players.

Line-up for the 4th Test: (off the top of my head)

M.Love
M.Hussey
S.Katich
D.Lehmann (c)
M.Clarke
M.North/S.Watson
S.Clingeleffer (wk)
S.Watson/P.Noffke
B.Lee
N.Hauritz
P.Rofe

Either North or Noffke would be 12th Man (depending on Watson as bowler or batsman. I'd play North as 12th, and Watson at #6).

I reckon the English might have a chance then.

want to re-assess? that side would kill the poms on todays effort.

We went yesterday. Great atmosphere.
Pity about the Poms skills. It was good for my son who plays under 14's, on what not to do in the field.
When Jones wentt down, you could here him in pain, it was awful.
Balmy army were so funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Steve Waugh so scared to play the hookshot or even the pull shot?

He played right into Englands hand.

0,1658,218166,00.jpg

0,1658,218165,00.jpg

England have begun their 1st innings chasing Australia's first innings of 492. Lets hope McGrath and Gillespie can grab some early wickets before Warney cleans up the rest.

Go Aussies!!
SeinDude

3rd over of England's innings .... dropped catch in slips. Already we are paying for the selectors' near sighted stupidity in dropping the best slipper in the world.

Originally posted by GoEagles
Jim Boy, You'll be pleased to know that the ABC will be covering the international games live on national broadcast, which is also done online. I'm fairly sure the link to listening online is here

Otherwise, cricinfo.com or baggygreen.com.au for ball to ball updates.
ABC aren't broadcasting and bloody cricinfo are providing the audio from the channel 9. I mean, what the ****? When will these idiots learn that TV audio doesn't make good radio!!

Despite this, all is not lost, the good old BBC are webcasting, infact they're providing the ABC commentary!

Remove this Banner Ad

1st Test - Australia v England

Remove this Banner Ad

Back