Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - retires from AFL after 122gms (54 CFC/68 NM) & 130gls (76 CFC/56 NM) - '18 RS - NM will pay out contract - go well Sleevo

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think money has ever been a motivating factor for Stevo. I suspect he'd be happy working part time in a bottle shop and smoking bongs with his mates.
Hopefully he will go and play well in the VFL and enjoy the game again
Would love to see him continue somewhere like Werribee/Frankston/Non AFL Aligned

He’ll tear it up at lock footy and have a ball. I wish him the best.

Just shows how amateur AFL players really are compared to other professional sports. Really don't get how you'd pass up a AFL career, just so you can play local footy and smash down beers (if he goes down this track, which is likely). He'd get to his 40s and probably think "why did I waste that chance".

Anyway, good luck to him. I actually rated him at his best.

Good luck to him. Wouldn’t shock me to see him running around for Mitcham next year if he chooses to play at local level.

Would we have delisted Curtis Taylor if we knew Stevo was going.

Just shows how amateur AFL players really are compared to other professional sports. Really don't get how you'd pass up a AFL career, just so you can play local footy and smash down beers (if he goes down this track, which is likely). He'd get to his 40s and probably think "why did I waste that chance".

Yeh he has ability, just lazy. Has never put on an ounce of size in 7 years. Does the bare minimum. Would rather slap 10k on Sha Tin races than have some protein and hit the weights. Utter disappointment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be a bit more going on here though Stottzy ……we don’t know.

Sheesh my whipping boys are falling fast. Only ccj left. Might have to scale back my collection, what do i keep out of the cat o nine, the crop or the stockwhip????

His first game for the club was a 30 possession game off the wing and I thought wow we’ve done well here.

Then later in 2021 he played the game of his life in Perth. 38 possessions, clutch goal at the end. I thought, geez sleevo, that’s all you need to do. Play with the intensity each week and you’ll be a super star.

Alas.

Anyway, good luck for the future and thanks for your contribution in difficult times.

Well at least he isnt taking money of false pretenses any more
Yep.

I tip my hat to him having a bit of integrity there & he's done the honourable thing.

Now an opportunity opens up for a young guy to make his mark at the NMFC.

Good luck to him in the future and points for having the honesty to call it rather than going through the motions for another year, just to collect the cash. (Better man than me probably on that)

Perhaps we should keep him on the list though, just in case something clicks next year when the season gets back under way. You just never know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - retires from AFL after 122gms (54 CFC/68 NM) & 130gls (76 CFC/56 NM) - '18 RS - NM will pay out contract - go well Sleevo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back