Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - retires from AFL after 122gms (54 CFC/68 NM) & 130gls (76 CFC/56 NM) - '18 RS - NM will pay out contract - go well Sleevo

Remove this Banner Ad

+1 to posters who are torn on this. He obviously had the talent, just never seemed to get it together for long periods of time.

Don't understand why we have to pay out the contract though, if it was a career ending injury and can't play anymore, I could understand that 100%. But he chose to retire.
Could theoretically have played 2025 in the VFL and collected every dollar he was entitled to.

I feel sorry for him, tbh.

38 games into his AFL career, he's won a Rising Star, played in a grand final, leading his club's goal kicking,. He's just played in front of 75,000 on the Queen's Birthday and his team is second on the ladder.

You then get done for betting on yourself and miss the rest of the H & A season, the next season is screwed around by lockdowns and COVID, and at the end of that you get traded out to NMFC, whose coach has just had a nervous breakdown, and inexplicably, it actually goes downhill from there.

Sure, he's been his own worst enemy at times, but he's still very young and I hope he gets a chance to live life to the fullest instead of being cast as a failed ex-footballer.

Go well, young man.

its an excuse factory in here. One after the other like a production line. Mental health, Clubs fault for being shit, too hard etc. have a spell. He’s the anti lazarro. If he put half the effort Charlie put in, he’d be a superstar.

Last edited:
Will not be surprised to see him picked up and thrive somewhere else.

He was always the icing, and we have sucked for his entire tenure.

Give him a defined role with good players and he will be back in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - retires from AFL after 122gms (54 CFC/68 NM) & 130gls (76 CFC/56 NM) - '18 RS - NM will pay out contract - go well Sleevo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back