2 Premierships by 2012???? wow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not from where I sit, I have been a paid up member for 14yrs and it never ceases to amaze me how many Hawkers we have drawn in WA even when we were crapola....

Maybe so but the figure was definately skewed this year with Buddy needing only a handful of goals to be the first player to notch up the tonne in the 22 rounds in the last decade. Bit of a drawcard regardless of what state the game was in!

Maybe so but the figure was definately skewed this year with Buddy needing only a handful of goals to be the first player to notch up the tonne in the 22 rounds in the last decade. Bit of a drawcard regardless of what state the game was in!

no doubt...though he brings people in the gate whether he is going for 100 or not...people love to watch him play , shame he is at the Hawks :thumbsu:

I live in WA and will inform all that in 2008 we had 2000 signed up members and could only get 500 seats allocated for each game in Perth. I can also inform you that this WA membership base will grow substantially next year with many already looking at Grand Final based memberships.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/hawks-want-two-flags-by-2012/2007/12/15/1197568333139.html

HAWTHORN is aiming to win two premierships by 2012. If that's not bucking the cliched goal of "taking it a season at a time", the Hawks want to recruit 50,000 members in the next five seasons, too.

Hawthorn informed its members of the plan, titled Five2Fifty, at the end of its AGM last Thursday in a presentation folder.

It followed president Jeff Kennett's announcement that future presidencies would be capped at six years. Kennett, who is starting his fourth year, said board members would finish after serving nine years.

The Hawks website reported the plan as being "ambitious" and the build-up to it had "required a fundamental change in the way football had been approached at Hawthorn through the past decade. It took tough decisions."

Well well well......

Five 2 Fifty has been running all year....
2 is a minimum as an expectation (Personally I'd like to see a stack of them)
50,000 Members is not impossible next season.... I guess we will wait and see.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ... :thumbsu:

I'm getting a feeling of Deja Vu here ...

*Peter Schwab doing a preseason interview and claiming the Hawks were aiming to win the flag, only to be met by chortles and people choking back laughter.*

Comedy gold. Same goes here. :thumbsu:

How you feeling now, numbskull? ;)

Five 2 Fifty has been running all year....
2 is a minimum as an expectation (Personally I'd like to see a stack of them)
50,000 Members is not impossible next season.... I guess we will wait and see.

Really? A bit like this thread, you might say...

Big call...

Weird for a club to say this but obviously they are confident.

Would look pretty stupid if they somehow finish in the botom 8.

Why?

They made the call at the start of this season and then proceeded to win the flag. 4 years to get another. Might happen, might not. The fact that we got one straight away shows that it wasn't a stupid assessment/aim.

Big call...

Weird for a club to say this but obviously they are confident.

Would look pretty stupid if they somehow finish in the botom 8.

Its not that weird when you consider (a) it was communicated in a club document, to club people, and (b) the Hawks, like many clubs, are made up of business people now, and these groups devise visions and strategies for a club.

If you develop a plan to achieve something that you'll get done in 15 minutes, then its not really something to "strive" for.

Be bold, be over the top, but the idea is you keep your people striving for bigger things. You may in fact never get close to achieving it, and there are elements of the plan that may seem ludicrous, but it was this very year that Kennett said we needed 50,000 members and 2 flags in the next few years, and we've achieved the first flag, so it keeps the club pushing towards the future.

I think its a great strategy, its just obviously fuel to the fire considering the media can get hold of the same information and it becomes widely available to all.

I think its a great strategy, its just obviously fuel to the fire considering the media can get hold of the same information and it becomes widely available to all.

the same information has been freely available to everyone via the Hawthorn website. great to see the club being bold, we have heard the saints for years saying we will win it, but newver put a true plan for their future on and off the field. good on Kennett and the Hawks for stating goals to their members

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2 Premierships by 2012???? wow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back