AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper - The mullet hath returneth - 22/6

Remove this Banner Ad

The only bump any player in our team has made all year....

I'm sure I remember a player laying a bump in our backline - which looked great until the player absorbed the impact and kicked the goal. But that was a bump too. Forget who it was.

I miss Tippa - he always laid great bumps and you never really worried about him catching players high and getting himself suspended.

According to Twomey Draper missed training today with illness. Doesn’t rule him out obviously but if Phillips is available or Bryan is pushing hard for selection then there might be a change.

I'm sure I remember a player laying a bump in our backline - which looked great until the player absorbed the impact and kicked the goal. But that was a bump too. Forget who it was.

I miss Tippa - he always laid great bumps and you never really worried about him catching players high and getting himself suspended.
It was Snelling

Serious captain option if he continues this attitude and form for the rest of the year. He is a pure 'follow me' leader.

I honestly don't get this post. He's played about 20 games and it was only about 4 weeks ago against Melbourne's combo of Gawn/Jackson that he had about 2 disposals for the entire game and didn't give a yelp.

He is not even in the discussion for captain material.

I like him as a player but he has a LONG way to go to even be considered one of the better rucks of the comp.

I honestly don't get this post. He's played about 20 games and it was only about 4 weeks ago against Melbourne's combo of Gawn/Jackson that he had about 2 disposals for the entire game and didn't give a yelp.

He is not even in the discussion for captain material.

I like him as a player but he has a LONG way to go to even be considered one of the better rucks of the comp.
Thats ok. I said 'if his form and attitude continues for the rest of the year' he'd be a serious chance at captain. The last two weeks form has been 'follow me boys'. His attitude first class. Thats what we need as a young rebuilding team.

Was like Mark Waugh facing an off spinner in the first half. No respect and it wasn't a good thing. Thankfully he couldn't get himself out.

It's pretty clear that at this point in time he is better 'hunting" an opponent. He goes a bit stupid when he's the big cheese. Starts trying to bully the opponent.

Much better in the second half.

So turns out the big inside midfielder that can take and break tackles and explode out of congestion was right under our noses the entire time.

Was like Mark Waugh facing an off spinner in the first half. No respect and it wasn't a good thing. Thankfully he couldn't get himself out.

It's pretty clear that at this point in time he is better 'hunting" an opponent. He goes a bit stupid when he's the big cheese. Starts trying to bully the opponent.

Much better in the second half.
Better in the second half commensurate with Lynch going off the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a loose unit. Love it.
His post match interview on 7 was really good, he’s so unpretentious and open, just I am what I am kinda thing.

They asked him about tandem ruck with Bryan, answer was Bryan is more polished but he’s more mongrel. Follow up question about where his aggression comes from and he was talking about getting carded when he used to play soccer so he’s happy he can do that now 😅😂

Wish they’d interview him more often 😍 sounded like they wished they could interview him more often too actually

His post match interview on 7 was really good, he’s so unpretentious and open, just I am what I am kinda thing.

They asked him about tandem ruck with Bryan, answer was Bryan is more polished but he’s more mongrel. Follow up question about where his aggression comes from and he was talking about getting carded when he used to play soccer so he’s happy he can do that now 😅😂

Wish they’d interview him more often 😍 sounded like they wished they could interview him more often too actually
Loved right after the interview he walks off directly behind the ch7 guys, flexes and picks up a guy 😅

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper - The mullet hath returneth - 22/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back