AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper - The mullet hath returneth - 22/6

Remove this Banner Ad

His ruck work in the last few minutes was uncompetitive
Didn't he tap into straight down the throat of Merret at the final centre bounce?

Didn't he tap into straight down the throat of Merret at the final centre bounce?
Yep.

So just all the other around the ground contests where ROB was hitting the ball into the corridor at will for the crows mids to run onto and set up attack after attack.

A 25yo uncordinated ruck project that shows occasional flashes of brilliance like a disco ball with many more moments showing the bereft of footy smarts and skills like a magic 8 ball

Would prefer Bryan to stay or Vigo TBH or getting Reidy or Knobel from Freo who can't debut and break into that team but dominate at WAFL level

i don't think Bryan will be going anywhere. Goldy is cooked.
Would be very strange if they let him move on. I have been very critical as far as him being too easily beaten in contests around the ground but we should be just playing Nick next year and not looking for another stop gap. If he is not up to it then move on at the end of 2025.

just relax man, crows supporters also think Rundle Mall is a cultural wonderland
Yeah but if you keep walking from Rundle Mall you get to Hindley St. Now that is a cultural wonderland of massive proportions, especially when the sun isn't in the sky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll probably get lambasted for this but here I go…..

Cut the stupid hair, lose the stupid mo, forget about your stupid podcasts and become a professional. You have Goldy at your fingertips who is a craftsman of the highest order - ****ing move in with him and download everything you can.

Time to grow up.

Cut the stupid hair, lose the stupid mo, forget about your stupid podcasts and become a professional. You have Goldy at your fingertips who is a craftsman of the highest order - ****ing move in with him and download everything you can.

Time to grow up.
The flip side is pretty much the entire hawthorn team who have swagger coming out of their ears.

Draper’s problem is basic skill.

I’m suggesting he forget everything else and focus on fixing that problem.

He needs to get serious about football. He can wear his hair however he wants, he can podcast, all of that is fine. But actually learn to understand football. Do what Zach Merrett would do and spend every moment you've got absorbing everything Goldstein has learned in his career. Goldstein would have been a much safer choice to have on the field in the last 5 minutes to save the game, because he's smart enough to know what he needs to do. Draper doesn't ever really do the boring, simple, smart things.

Time to grow up.
Like Paul Vander Harr? LOL.

Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 10.09.00 am.png

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper - The mullet hath returneth - 22/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back