Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - 23AA/24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

Well … we know our North girl won’t win the:

“All Australian Interchange Steward” !! 😂
She helped get the Darlings through. Still reckon their was some subterfuge involved but hard to prove.

Last edited:
I think this best sums up some of my feelings about tonight …stoked pumped and

Ah yes and now the imminent back hander no Sanders no priority and one bonus rookie player to help us oh and if Ben goes a pick late in the first round

Ah yes and now the imminent back hander no Sanders no priority and one bonus rookie player to help us oh and if Ben goes a pick late in the first round
Shhh don’t telegraph that in here …as l sure most media types lurk in the background…getting their news stories to run. lm going to enjoy this happiness tonight before any crazy shenanigans in way of draft order gets possibly thrown our way..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a champ! Well done Larkey! Only the beginning for him too as he begins to enter his prime. Physically, he still looks like he can fill out a bit which will only make him even more unstoppable combining his incredible read of the ball, leading patterns, and goal kicking accuracy. Can't see why he couldn't carve out a similar career to Josh Kennedy - premiership player, multiple Colemans, AAs, etc.

Now he has been made AA does that entitle him to be paid the marks and frees normally given to the other top forwards? You know, the ones Nick has regularly missed out on over the past few years.

If so, 100+ is a possibility.
Yes. I would say so.

giphy.gif

Alright let's have the discussion.

He's actively hurting the team at the moment with his lack of effort and poor footy IQ.

Comben has played 7 AFL games total and is already a much better lead and pack mark than Larkey, and it's not because Comben is an exceptional talent or anything. He just works harder.

I've been saying this for years now (and copped a lot of s**t for it) but Larkey simply is not a #1 key forward. Our entire forward structure is worse off because of it.
This aged well champ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - 23AA/24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back