2006 Fixture discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2006 Fixture is here

KangaFett said:
R6 vs Hawhtorn (H) - TD - Sunday (Rivalry Round)

the rivalry is off the ground not on it

There are plenty of reasons why this is a good match as far as the rivalry round is concerned. 3 Grand Finals in 4 years in the 70's. Both joined the league at the same time. The wood that the Hawks had on us, until the Carey era that was smashed when we finally beat them in 1993 on a Friday night. A much better fit that the Saints were this year.

Re: North Melbourne Fixture 2006

Looks ok to me. We're never going to be a top priority for the AFL, to not get shafted is a win in my book.

Easter Monday - that is good. Let's hope we beat the previous record holders for attendance at the Dome - us!

RooBunny said:
More Melbourne members you mean. There are members to sign in Adelaide you know.

Yes but far less as you would already know. Some members like to see there team perform infront of them before they buy a membership. With no Melbourne game in the first two weeks and probably no free to air television they have to wait to round three to see how we are going.

RooBunny said:
Seriously, we've got home games against Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood. One of those is the Easter Monday game. We've got more Friday nights than last year, we don't travel to Brisbane or Sydney, we even get to be one of the 2 games in the split round.

Yet we still have so many complaints. There's some annoyance over times, but there's a lot of good in this draw.

I'd say it's a slighty tougher draw than this year when you look at who we play twice. Playing Geelong & WCE in Canberra will soften this a bit - I'd rather the 4 points than a big crowd so I say that's a fair balance.

Good run home - Hawks & Pies last 2 games.

I reckon we're a bit stiff going to Perth twice again.

At this stage - Rounds 10-14 & 19-22 appear to be the best chances to string some together some sequences of wins.

Sunday games are shockers for Marketing Department - corporates hate Sundays and that could cost us big bucks. First look suggests a poor draw timing wise and those bucks are so important.

four of our sunday games will be telecastd live, the ones a maunka and the one a aoura statium. The draw is the best in a long time. Great to see we are winning some respect

Hotel 6 said:
There are plenty of reasons why this is a good match as far as the rivalry round is concerned. 3 Grand Finals in 4 years in the 70's. Both joined the league at the same time. The wood that the Hawks had on us, until the Carey era that was smashed when we finally beat them in 1993 on a Friday night. A much better fit that the Saints were this year.

Yeah but that was for one small space in time.

I agree it is better than playing St Wattsisname.

After a closer look at the 1st 10 rounds, we'll be doing pretty well to get off to a 4-6 start, and maybe 7-7 by round 14.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 Sunday home games.

AFL better increase our CBF payment to $2 million, we will never become financially independant with these second rate draws.

Falkroo said:
Surely they could have scheduled a match for us on Pluto in Round 6, that would have made it 6 games 6 different venues, talk about the Travelling Willberries!

Can't blame anyone else for going to Manuka. Hope we get paid well for it cos I reckon we don't have any advantage playing there at all, just more travel.

Hotel 6 said:

Easily better then Saints rivalry, however we seem to have a bit of a rivalry with Essendon going that could be of higher calibre, all those very exciting high scoring and energetic games and also the marshmellow thing (lol).

Geez, thats a really bad draw.. i dont think we will do that well next year, not as well as this year.. so this is the reward you get for finishing 5th, 8 games not in melbourne :thumbsdown: well thank you...
This club gets harder and harder to follow every year... how do you follow an interstate club??

That means 13 games in Melbourne, both freo and westcoast.. and port and crows play 12 home games.. we only have one more than them. we are the most screwed club in melbourne/Victoria

what a ********** draw why so many sunday games? why so many interstate games? the AFL must love that. Bring back channel 7.
Go Roos for top 4 in 2006

Happy with the draw. We have had far worse. We play coll & ess friday night, we player sydney and brissie at home, and most importantly, a game in Tasmania. All I'm hoping for is that 9 dont want us on the sunday 4pm time slot so it will be live on FFC.

Tas said:
8 Sunday home games.

AFL better increase our CBF payment to $2 million, we will never become financially independant with these second rate draws.

Abso-f@cken-lutly

This shyts me to tears. Sunday is the death spot on the AFL fixture, and we get shafted there fixture after fixture.

Added to that (from a personal complaint POV) I play soccer on Sundays and struggle to both play and the get the game.

Had to get a crap load of game this year taped on Foxtel.

NOT HAPPY! :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

2006 Fixture discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back