2009 Draft Camp Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo will surely take Morabito at 4. Unless Richmond or Melbourne decide on him first. Word is Richmond is taking a keen look at him. If he does then Freo will go for Martin/Butcher.

Anybody here know anything about Jordan Williams from Bendigo Pioneers??

Finished 3rd in repeat sprints and the AFL site says he's a "hard-working left footer who uses the ball extremely well". Looks a decent size for a mid too. Is he worth a look??

If Scully was participating he would smash the beep test and 3km. Thats why he is so good as they keep changning taggers as he can wear them off in 2-3 quaters then kill the last quater.

Did Kane Lucas really get 7.77 secs?? hes a little overrated on this board regarding his athletic capabilities. Hes an endurance runner but nothing overly quick.

People must take in that some players are carrying injuries doing these test and have been struggling to run for the last 4-5 weeks. Ask Trav Colyer and his body right now is stuffed, dont expect him to do to well in much. Ran 2.81 before the season but he tore his hamstring and returned a wekk or two later and it didnt help. He had only 4 posses in one of the colts matches and finished the season poorly. Clubs will still know he is the quickest kid in Australia regarding football.

I wouldve thought that Lewis Jetta is one to watch, however it depends if kids trained hard after the season finished. The West Australian comp has been finished for some time compared to the victorian comp.

People must take in that some players are carrying injuries doing these test and have been struggling to run for the last 4-5 weeks. Ask Trav Colyer and his body right now is stuffed, dont expect him to do to well in much. Ran 2.81 before the season but he tore his hamstring and returned a wekk or two later and it didnt help. He had only 4 posses in one of the colts matches and finished the season poorly. Clubs will still know he is the quickest kid in Australia regarding football.

The quickest?

Did Kane Lucas really get 7.77 secs?? hes a little overrated on this board regarding his athletic capabilities. Hes an endurance runner but nothing overly quick.

I wouldve thought that Lewis Jetta is one to watch, however it depends if kids trained hard after the season finished. The West Australian comp has been finished for some time compared to the victorian comp.
If anything, Lucas' athletic abilities were underrated before the DC.
The West described his sprint time as "elite", and if he considered agility to be his weakest area, I would say that he is a pretty good athlete.

Anybody here know anything about Jordan Williams from Bendigo Pioneers??

Finished 3rd in repeat sprints and the AFL site says he's a "hard-working left footer who uses the ball extremely well". Looks a decent size for a mid too. Is he worth a look??
Worth a look? Absolutely, and I would say he's a certainty to be drafted in the middle rounds.

Re: Draft Camp predictions

Standing vertical leap
Running vertical leap
20m sprint
Repeat sprints
Shuttle run--> geary ran a 15.8 in the trials last week to equal the record
3km time trial-->
Agility test
Kicking test

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So apparently Rohan won the kicking test with 77%

Source?

It'll be interesting to see what constitutes a good score as this is the first year. With the other tests we see the speed and put that against relative numbers of previous competitors who we've actually seen on the footy field (e.g. Naitanui equalling Brennan's vert jump, and Brennan's a freeek!, so wow!), whereas what percentage constitutes, but does this include kicking on the run, snaps, etc?

Source?

It'll be interesting to see what constitutes a good score as this is the first year. With the other tests we see the speed and put that against relative numbers of previous competitors who we've actually seen on the footy field (e.g. Naitanui equalling Brennan's vert jump, and Brennan's a freeek!, so wow!), whereas what percentage constitutes, but does this include kicking on the run, snaps, etc?
Source: http://twitter.com/emmasq
Very odd. Either he fluked it or he has problems when kicking at high speeds.
Not sure what bearing it will have on where he will be drafted, as the recruiters would have seen him kick much more than 6 times and i more realistic scenarios.
No tapscott?

Also: "Next best on 22/30 were Martin, Gysberts, Harwood, Potts, Black, Panos and Winmar", "On 21, Astbury and Harms"

Not sure what bearing it will have on where he will be drafted, as the recruiters would have seen him kick much more than 6 times and i more realistic scenarios.
No tapscott?

Also: "Next best on 22/30 were Martin, Gysberts, Harwood, Potts, Black, Panos and Winmar", "On 21, Astbury and Harms"

After seeing a bit more of Tapscott, i reckon his kicking is somewhat over-rated. He doesn't seem to have a big range of a kicking skill set. He has a thumping boot, on either side no doubt but there is no finesse is his kicking. He is somewhat of a liability with regards to his short range passing for mine.

So much for Rohan being a liability with regards to his kicking...
Six kicks at draft camp won't override what recruiting people have seen in matches over a six month period.

The draft camp results are a good supporting tool, but nothing replaces what people see on the ground between April and September.

I personally think it's more of a balance issue with G. Rohan. It's extremely difficult for anyone to pinpoint a pass while running flat out. A few times he's shanked it when he's actually had time to steady himself and deliver the ball.

Just needs to learn to slow down a fraction before he kicks to balance himself better for mine...

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Draft Camp Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back