NFL 2009 Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Franchise Players/Free Agency/High Profile Releases

The broncos fans bring this on themselves. When the Broncos win Cutler is the hero, but when they lose he seems to cop a bunch of the blame from the faithful, even if they had the 2nd best offense last season.

The broncos fans bring this on themselves. When the Broncos win Cutler is the hero, but when they lose he seems to cop a bunch of the blame from the faithful, even if they had the 2nd best offense last season.

I'm sorry, but that's utter crap, you're not confusing him with Plummer are you?
Apart from a few rednecks from country Colorado, Cutler has been seen as the only reason we were competitive at all last season.

DO IT MARK!!!

DO IT!!

Give up our 1st round this year and next!!! JUST DO IT!!

This is a once in a lifetime chance to get a franchise QB...its a gift that Tampa Bay fans never ever get.

If MD can pull this off he should have a statue outside One Buc Place!!

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11809351

also

T.J. Houshmandzadeh is scheduled to meet with the Bucs after he leaves Minnesota (thats if they dont sign him before leaving).

I'm sorry, but that's utter crap, you're not confusing him with Plummer are you?
Apart from a few rednecks from country Colorado, Cutler has been seen as the only reason we were competitive at all last season.

Exactly.
With a bottom 4 defence it was Cutler and the offence that got you to 8-8.
They're nuts that they entertained the idea of trading him, but now that they have and he's pissed, they may have to.

A giant **** up by Denver, if the reports are true. Cutler is pissed and he has every right to be, he's a young franchise quarterback and even the thought of trading him is silly. although as a Charger's fan i wouldn't mind seeing him leave the division, now that Cassel is also here

Don't think so sunshine. As Jem said, he's just the one guy who received no blame for Denver's woes the past couple of years...

Cutler won't go anywhere. He'll stay.

I like the signings the Broncs have made so far.

Looks like they're not trying to go for the long rebuild, instead looking to be competitive right now.

Reading that article, Cutler isn't going anywhere. He sounded cut, but he'll get over it. Unless he proves to be more of a little wimpy bitch than I think he is.
Ask Phillip Rivers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These guys have visited or are visiting the Steelers:
Shawn Springs (CB - Redskins - released)
Chris Carr (CB & kick returner - Titans - RFA)
Malcom Floyd (WR - Chargers - RFA)

These players have been visiting elsewhere:
Nate Washington (WR - Titans/Lions/Browns/Vikings/Rams/Buccaneers/****, half the league it seems - UFA)
Bryant McFadden (CB - Cardinals - UFA)

Washington is pretty much guaranteed to go elsewhere as we value him as a #3 WR, but he'll be a #2 at all the seriously interested teams. I hope we hang on to McFadden, but we don't have many $$ left (the Broncos and Dolphins are both supposedly interested too). This is why we really need to get Max Starks (our franchised player) to cut a long-term deal as we need to free up some more cap space. We have too many players due superbowl bonuses this year.

Kurt Warner visiting with 49ers on Monday as well if it hasn't been reported here yet.
Word from some 49er FO staff is that Warner is using the 49ers at a bargaining chip and they (the 49ers) do not believe he will be realistically available.

i think most will agree with me when i say, this is a bad move for the 49ers. if the organisation were in a position to make a tilt at the superbowl, then sure, investing in a proven SB QB has merit. but they are still a developing team and investing in a guy who has 1 or 2 seasons tops i think is a bad policy. i didnt expect much else from the yorks tho.

on the flipside, perhaps they are just inflating his price considering the incumbent organisation keen on retaining his service is a division rival.

The biggest gain the 49ers would make out signing Warner would be weakening a divisional rival.

Singletary has already said the 49ers will be a power running team so coughing up $14m a year for Warner would be perceived as a waste.

IMO, a Warnerless Cardinal outfit would leave a very weak NFC West division there for the taking, even for the 49ers, and given the lack of recent success this is what the FO maybe shooting for.

geewhiz it slow in here today.

canty, rocky bernard and boley all to the giants. obviously, the big one is canty - 6yrs, $42m, $17.25 guaranteed.

there's some movement to keep you happy, zarko.
Lovely... I really like Canty ( Always note how he manages to have an impact in Giants games) and Robbins is 32 this year I believe, so he needs an ample replacement. We can't rely on Boley to stop any runs that get to him untouched (average tackler) but he is fast, which will help with the blitz, and is a solid assistant and very good in pass coverage.

Don't know much about Bernards, but will be in a rotation with Robbins/Cofield.

Bernard was arrested in April on investigation of domestic violence. He allegedly punched his ex-girlfriend in the forehead. He lost $235,000 in salary for the suspension.
Well ain't that nice...

It came down to Canty and Ware for us. Easy choice really. Probably not worth what he was asking for considering is imput so far. Shame to see him go though.

Jason Taylor released by the Washington Redskins as reported by NFL Network. There should be many teams in the market for a DE/OLB, probably past his prime but definitely still a player, the Pats should definitely be interested and I think go get him.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2009 Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back