NFL 2009 Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Franchise Players/Free Agency/High Profile Releases

The Browns have traded Kellen Winslow Jr. to the Bucs for undisclosed draft picks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3939777

Interesting move, I'll admit I didn't see it coming but it isn't really a surprise in hindsight.

Naturally, I can't comment on who got the better deal not knowing what picks were involved but if Winslow stays healthy and becomes a team player (big if IMO) Tampa could have themselves a player.

The Browns have traded Kellen Winslow Jr. to the Bucs for undisclosed draft picks.

Interesting move, I'll admit I didn't see it coming but it isn't really a surprise in hindsight.

Naturally, I can't comment on who got the better deal not knowing what picks were involved but if Winslow stays healthy and becomes a team player (big if IMO) Tampa could have themselves a player.
Bloody Hell Tampa are going to be monster.

Good young talent, nice signings and oh shit that massive cap room. Qb situation is still a mess though.

Thought that may happen given the injuries and changes he's had a Cleveland. Probably the best thing for both parties.
Hope he can actually fullfil hi potential at TB.

The Broncos have signed Running Backs J.J Arrington and Correl Buckhalter.

I've always like Arrington.He didn't do too well in his rookie season, but from what I saw of the Cardinals that year, every time he got a carry the O-Line simply collapsed, and the rest is history. I reckon he could be a shot to ressurect his career in Denver.

This spells the end for Selvin Young, Andre Hall et al.

The Broncos have signed Running Backs J.J Arrington and Correl Buckhalter.

I've always like Arrington.He didn't do too well in his rookie season, but from what I saw of the Cardinals that year, every time he got a carry the O-Line simply collapsed, and the rest is history. I reckon he could be a shot to ressurect his career in Denver.

This spells the end for Selvin Young, Andre Hall et al.

Not a bad signing here. Arrington also adds value to the return game, so Royal doesn't have to do everything. Something need be done with the RB situation, Young and Hall simply weren't durable enough to be NFL backs. I'm just glad they didn't do their nuts and sign Ward to a ridiculously overpriced contract. Still think they pick up another back in the middle/late rounds of the draft....

I see Foxworth has got a big payday in Baltimore. In hindsight it was probably a bad move trading him last year, would say he'd slot into the starting lineup at the moment.

Dawkins is also apparently visiting Denver. Other safeties I'd prefer here....

You guys look to have the inside running on Bartel JD?

The San Francisco Chronicle cites "a league source" reporting that Brian Dawkins has agreed to a two-year contract with the Broncos.

I shouldn't laugh . . . but I will. :D

Bloody Hell Tampa are going to be monster.

Good young talent, nice signings and oh shit that massive cap room. Qb situation is still a mess though.

BREAKING NEWS : Tampa Bay TV Station FOX 13 is reporting BUCS are finalizing contract extention talks with MATT CASSEL . BUCS and PATS have agreed on DEAL pending CASSEL CONTRACT SIGNING ( 4 years -29.5 million plus performance incentives ) . Buc 's official confirms deal is for Buc's 2009 1st round selection ( 19th overall ) and 2010 conditional 2nd rounder.

I shouldn't laugh . . . but I will. :D

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... Why oh why????

Jermaine Phillips, Sean Jones? At least these guys have got at least 5+ years football ahead of them. Dawkins heart won't be in it, this will be a disaster....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BREAKING NEWS : Tampa Bay TV Station FOX 13 is reporting BUCS are finalizing contract extention talks with MATT CASSEL . BUCS and PATS have agreed on DEAL pending CASSEL CONTRACT SIGNING ( 4 years -29.5 million plus performance incentives ) . Buc 's official confirms deal is for Buc's 2009 1st round selection ( 19th overall ) and 2010 conditional 2nd rounder.

Something had to give there. They weren't going to stick with McCown, Garcia was obviously finished. Once again, the Pats have played a masterstroke, a first rounder for their backup....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... Why oh why????

Jermaine Phillips, Sean Jones? At least these guys have got at least 5+ years football ahead of them. Dawkins heart won't be in it, this will be a disaster....

I reckon this is a genuine lose-lose deal.

Eagles give up a fan favourite and someone who clearly wanted to be there, and the Broncos gain a bloke looking for a retirement cheque.

Tampa Bay: Where TEs go to die...

And don't under-estimate the loss of a good DC, spells trouble for even the most talented of rosters. Jury is out on Giants D until we see what they can do Week 1. Who is the new DC, anyway???

Mike Vrabel will be traded to the Chiefs, interesting move this one. I'm not sure what KC would give up in this scenario, whether it be draft picks or a player but I think its a shrewd move (others may disagree). Pioli gets a veteran player with a locker room voice, NE hopefully with more draft picks. Also, McDaniels and the Broncos take Pats third receiver on the depth chart Jabar Gaffney and Pats long snapper Lonnie Paxton. More ex-Pats moving to teams with assistants to BB.

Mike Vrabel will be traded to the Chiefs, interesting move this one. I'm not sure what KC would give up in this scenario, whether it be draft picks or a player but I think its a shrewd move (others may disagree).

I'm one that disagrees.

Stupid, stupid move... Unless it's for a conditional pick in the 2010 draft. Pioli needs to prove he can build a team that isn't coached by Belichek, but that's the thing with the Pats, they never had the greatest players at various positions, but Belichek and his staff got 120% out of their limited talents.

Pioli's infulence on their success=overrated.

Oh sorry, I meant that its a shrewd move for the Pats. Depends on the draft pick no doubt, I'd be happy with a second/third rounder (or maybe a swap of 2nd rounders), I'm not as high on Vrabel as a player and I think his worth may be decreased. I do rate Pioli's influence at the Pats, he now needs to show that he is good enough to build a team by himself with BB. It's too early to tell if he will fail or not, I give him the benefit of the doubt until he stinks it up (choosing a spud at pick 3 overall or trading something drastic for Vrabel).

BREAKING: BUCS INTERESTED IN TRADING FOR RAIDERS RB BUSH

Only speculation but would be a good addition for a 4th rounder...

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/5263

Also Winslow is telling the Bucs to go after Shaun Rogers and there is talk that the Browns are open to trading Braylon Edwards.....interesting.

I like the way Mark Dominik and Raheem Morris are going about this!!

Oh sorry, I meant that its a shrewd move for the Pats. Depends on the draft pick no doubt, I'd be happy with a second/third rounder (or maybe a swap of 2nd rounders), I'm not as high on Vrabel as a player and I think his worth may be decreased. I do rate Pioli's influence at the Pats, he now needs to show that he is good enough to build a team by himself with BB. It's too early to tell if he will fail or not, I give him the benefit of the doubt until he stinks it up (choosing a spud at pick 3 overall or trading something drastic for Vrabel).

yeah, I was unsure what your leaning was...

if the Pats get a 2nd/3rd for Vrabel, its an awesome move by them. A 33yo LBer, who isn't all that fast (wasn't all that fast at Pittsburgh either) and slowing every season, I would seriously laugh if they (KC) gave up a day 1 pick, a guy who could play for them for 10 years, for a guy who'll play one, maybe two.

This kind of thing is why the Patriots are as good as they are, and the Chiefs haven't won jack shit in 40 years.

Reports from the Falcons message boards that Michael Boley is expected to sign a 5 year deal with the Giants.

Could be a nice addition although he fell off quite a bit this season after looking like one of the league's better young LB's the season prior.

Falcons apparently targetting Cardinals DE Antonio Smith and Eagles TE LJ Smith.

BREAKING: BUCS INTERESTED IN TRADING FOR RAIDERS RB BUSH

Only speculation but would be a good addition for a 4th rounder...

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/5263
Bush is has the potential to be very good so why trade him for practically nothing???

Trade Fargas if anything.

Also Winslow is telling the Bucs to go after Shaun Rogers and there is talk that the Browns are open to trading Braylon Edwards.....interesting.

I like the way Mark Dominik and Raheem Morris are going about this!!
Trades away the second most offensive threat and now the most potent??

Stupid much?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2009 Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back