2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

So what are those with Kane Cornes going to do? Even though he is apparently set to return in 1-2 weeks, i question his effectiveness because as we all know, the Chad broke his finger last year and even though he played on, his performances were terrible and ultimately had to call it a day. Do we cut out losses and trade to Corey or do we hold onto Kane and hope it pays off?

Will be hard to carry Ablett, Hodge and Kane IMO

OK. With a whole bunch of injuries recently, my team is basically ****ed. On the weekend I scored 4 zeroes, due to Houlihan, Ablett, Brown and Higgins.

From what I've read, Higgins is back this week, as will Mitch Brown, and Trent Hentschel who are all in my forward line. So there's not really an issue there.

Houlihan was dropped because of form (?), but I have Petrenko as an emergency, which I'm not really happy with because quite frankly he's done nothing all season.

Ablett is a given, he was always going to miss. But with my emergencies Dayne Beams and Tom Swift, that meant a zero. And all three won't play until at least Round 9, leaving me with a problem. As well as Kornes' injury, it leaves me pretty much ****ed with what to do.

Any suggestions? Who do I trade at this point? No way I'm getting rid of Ablett, perhaps downgrading Kornes and upgrading Beams?

OK. With a whole bunch of injuries recently, my team is basically ****ed. On the weekend I scored 4 zeroes, due to Houlihan, Ablett, Brown and Higgins.

From what I've read, Higgins is back this week, as will Mitch Brown, and Trent Hentschel who are all in my forward line. So there's not really an issue there.

Houlihan was dropped because of form (?), but I have Petrenko as an emergency, which I'm not really happy with because quite frankly he's done nothing all season.

Ablett is a given, he was always going to miss. But with my emergencies Dayne Beams and Tom Swift, that meant a zero. And all three won't play until at least Round 9, leaving me with a problem. As well as Kornes' injury, it leaves me pretty much ****ed with what to do.

Any suggestions? Who do I trade at this point? No way I'm getting rid of Ablett, perhaps downgrading Kornes and upgrading Beams?

Ablett said he may play this week and was spotted training (from the cats board). You could still do Beams to Cogs, he has a b/e of -11 and looks set to rise about 32k and leave Kornes on the bench. Cogs could then be a possible 6th mid, an easy upgrade or secure bench cover. Good luck.

What do you guys think of Cyril? (I fall 1k short of Lucas -> Deledio). He seems to be spending a lot more time in the midfield, he could be a bit of a bolter.

Not entirely sure what ill do this week. Looking at trading Rich out for Cooney, but also looking at Krak. He has a pretty large B/E this week and could potentially lose 30k in the next few weeks.

Looking at ROK for him. The trade only costs 10k and im confident ROK can average 85+ from here on out. Krak hasnt been the most durable player over his career, and this is probably the cheapest ill be up to upgrade him all season.

Thoughts?

So what are those with Kane Cornes going to do? Even though he is apparently set to return in 1-2 weeks, i question his effectiveness because as we all know, the Chad broke his finger last year and even though he played on, his performances were terrible and ultimately had to call it a day. Do we cut out losses and trade to Corey or do we hold onto Kane and hope it pays off?

Will be hard to carry Ablett, Hodge and Kane IMO

I think Chad did his knee, shoulder and finger at the end of last year and played on till they couldnt make the 8, its a bit diffrent form some1 copping 1-3 on a shoulder injury.
and i have Hodge , Kornes and Ablett and will bench them all so down the track when people have no trades left i will be laughing, i just dont see the point in trading 3 off of the best players in the game when they are only out for max of 4 weeks each. Surely the zero now is better than when you have a gun that goers down at the end of the season and no trades left to get him out.

Should I benefit my forward line or backline? I have $98,600 in the bank.

Forward line option:
Skipworth -> Buddy/Roughead
Houlihan -> Firrito/Ryder

Backline option
Houlihan -> Lockyer/Waite
Skipworth -> Harbrow/Lecras

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you know Hentschel is back this week? Curious because I have him and would be very happy to have him earning cash for me!

the thing with Cooney is that though he's a great value pickup, if you pick him you basically lock him in as your 6th mid because I don't think Cooney's good enough to be anything better than that. Meaning you'd have to trade out your Kerr/Hasleby/Coughlan types for sure. I don't want both Coondog and Lazleby in my final midfield. Right now I'm pretty happy with Lazleby so I'm going to hold off. I'd rather upgrade Rich to Swan in 2 weeks - gives Rich two more weeks to see whether he's a Joel Selwood 2007 or just another pretty good rookie who's run his course.

In 2 weeks time Rich plays St Kilda. I think that will be the end of his run.

Im still undecided on the Coondog. There are a few other good options at the moment, but he is by far the cheapest. Historically speaking, he has a few tough games coming up so im leaning towards not getting him.

the thing with Cooney is that though he's a great value pickup, if you pick him you basically lock him in as your 6th mid because I don't think Cooney's good enough to be anything better than that. Meaning you'd have to trade out your Kerr/Hasleby/Coughlan types for sure. I don't want both Coondog and Lazleby in my final midfield. Right now I'm pretty happy with Lazleby so I'm going to hold off. I'd rather upgrade Rich to Swan in 2 weeks - gives Rich two more weeks to see whether he's a Joel Selwood 2007 or just another pretty good rookie who's run his course.

Yeah i would have Cooney as my 6th midfielder. Then i'd be waiting till Hasleby peaks then upgrade to Bartel/Swan. I reckon Haselby's got more potential than Rich.

In 2 weeks time Rich plays St Kilda. I think that will be the end of his run.

Im still undecided on the Coondog. There are a few other good options at the moment, but he is by far the cheapest. Historically speaking, he has a few tough games coming up so im leaning towards not getting him.

I'm gonna wait until next week at least. Not gonna get him after 1 good game coming back from injury. Rich's BE is still low enough so i shouldn't loose much cash.

How do you know Hentschel is back this week? Curious because I have him and would be very happy to have him earning cash for me!

I believe Hentschel will play SANFL if he's right to go. With all his soft tissue injuries he's had they won't bring him straight back. 1-2 weeks in the SANFL at least would be my guess.

I wouldn't be getting rid of Krakeour for O'Keefe. An average of 80-85 is no good especially as Krakeour should still average 80 odd. Players of interest in forwards are Didak, Murphy and Gia I reckon.

I wouldn't be getting rid of Krakeour for O'Keefe. An average of 80-85 is no good especially as Krakeour should still average 80 odd. Players of interest in forwards are Didak, Murphy and Gia I reckon.

Didak's price is still $392,000 and just don't trust Gia. Don't know enough about Murphy to comment.

FFgenie suggests that Rich is likely to increase by at least as much as Cooney this week. So even though Cooney will go up this week, theres no need to pull the trigger this week, if he scores 90+ this week them maybe grab Cooney the following week?

Which is why im considering Otten instead. Has a B/E of 61 (according to FF), so barring a huge score, he is nearly done. Give Rich another week, and can either trade him up to a premium, or down to Sidey (if he gets named for the third game).

What are everyone's thoughts on T. Cloke? He's been very disappointing this year, and I don't really see him lifting anytime soon. Considering I'm carrying Didak and Hentschel (who is still a week out from AFL), is it worth upgrading Cloke to a fallen premium? Or should I cop the doughnut and stick it out with him? Not keeper material anymore (dunno what I was thinking), and he's not really gonna make too much money, is he?

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back