2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

This week I'm thinking of,

Kornes > Cooney

Krak > Gia

+93k spare

With Kornes I have no mid backup and Ablett so I want to avoid the zero.

Plus the trade allows me to upgrade Krak who IMO will go down around 30k this week. It also frees up come cash for future upgrades.

Thoughts?

Got 150k in the bank. Planning on doing Krak to Steve Johnson.
Next week downgrade one of Rance/Raines (If not named again) to one of Broughton/Pratt and upgrade one of Rance/Raines/Petrenko to Mackie/Gilbee/Gilbert.

Leave me with a side of:

Fisher, Cornes, Lockyer, Bock, Mackie/Gilbee/Gilbert, Geary, Hill (Petrenko/Broughton)

Ablett, Swan, Gibbs, Selwood, Coughlan, Rich (Hartlett, DeBoer)

Cox HMac (Jacobs, Browne)

Riewoldt, Johnson, Pavlich, Deledio, Gia, Higgins, Ziebell (Walker, Thompson)

Hoping Geary, Hill and Ziebell will be fairly easy direct upgrades to premiums and Rich will take about 100-150k but got enough money making options on the bench.

I know my backs are weaker than my forwards but of the premium forwards I don't have I really want Johnson and don't think he'll drop much below 400k again. Also don't want to downgrade in the backs before seeing a second game from Pratt and Broughton. Likely to cop a zero in the backs with this plan but should work out better in the long run.

jeez i thought i had all my trades worked out but i just noticed jack grimes then hahaha!

Not sure wat to do now but my initial question was-
Which option should i pick
Otten to Sheldon
Petrenko to Fisher

OR

Otten to Deboer
Cheney to Fisher

Having petrenko on the bench with broughton may come in handy but i dont overly trust deboer and sheldon was very good on the weekend!

What are everyone's thoughts on T. Cloke? He's been very disappointing this year, and I don't really see him lifting anytime soon. Considering I'm carrying Didak and Hentschel (who is still a week out from AFL), is it worth upgrading Cloke to a fallen premium? Or should I cop the doughnut and stick it out with him? Not keeper material anymore (dunno what I was thinking), and he's not really gonna make too much money, is he?

I have Cloke also, he's the one that didn't come off. All preseason form indicated he'd take a heap of marks and score potentially 90 a week. I think he may come good by the end of the year :(

With the injury I'll keep him this week on the bench and play Brown or Warren. Then choose who to downgrade Mitch Brown to, (Yarran or Sidebottom) then I'll upgrade Cloke to Franklin.

You could always trade Cloke for Yarran or Sidebottom (providing they are selected) to avoid the 0, then in 1-3 weeks upgrade your

M Brown, Ziebell etc cash cow (who ever you have on the field atm) to a premium forward

Thinkin an UPGRADE of Hodge to Grimes wouldnt be a bad idea if Hodge is out this week.... although if he doesnt play he might score a bit better than he has been

I have Cloke also, he's the one that didn't come off. All preseason form indicated he'd take a heap of marks and score potentially 90 a week. I think he may come good by the end of the year :(

With the injury I'll keep him this week on the bench and play Brown or Warren. Then choose who to downgrade Mitch Brown to, (Yarran or Sidebottom) then I'll upgrade Cloke to Franklin.

You could always trade Cloke for Yarran or Sidebottom (providing they are selected) to avoid the 0, then in 1-3 weeks upgrade your

M Brown, Ziebell etc cash cow (who ever you have on the field atm) to a premium forward

probably going to do Cloke to Sidebottom this week and depending on selection

do Houlihan -> Goddard/Fisher

or Otten -> Marc Murphy

Will then look to upgrade brown to didak in about 3 weeks when he plummets

Edit: More than likely do the midfield option- so i can downgrade houilan to grimes next week

Who would you guys upgrade first - Rich, Otten, Hill, or Ziebell?

Hill plays as my 7th back but is interchangeable with Houlihan. I could downgrade one of them and gain about 220k (if Houlihan) or 160k (if Hill).

Otten has a higher B/E than Rich and probably wont increase much more as his B/E is pretty close to his average. Rich has at least 2 more weeks of increases in him but he plays St Kilda in two weeks.

Also, who here would downgrade Petrenko seeing as he doesnt get TOG and looks like he will be dropped soon?

Hill plays as my 7th back but is interchangeable with Houlihan. I could downgrade one of them and gain about 220k (if Houlihan) or 160k (if Hill).

Otten has a higher B/E than Rich and probably wont increase much more as his B/E is pretty close to his average. Rich has at least 2 more weeks of increases in him but he plays St Kilda in two weeks.

Also, who here would downgrade Petrenko seeing as he doesnt get TOG and looks like he will be dropped soon?

Petrenko is on your bench so i wouldnt bother yet, but if i was you i would use 2 trades this week downgrading Hill to Grimes and otten up to cooney/luke ball/falling keeper! seems very good trades, i would be v happy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

probably going to do Cloke to Sidebottom this week and depending on selection

do Houlihan -> Goddard/Fisher

or Otten -> Marc Murphy

Will then look to upgrade brown to didak in about 3 weeks when he plummets

Edit: More than likely do the midfield option- so i can downgrade houilan to grimes next week

Yep, that's a good plan mate. The only reason I'm waiting this week is to see how Yarran and Sidebottom go. Yarran could go either way, he will score like Hill imo (slowly build up) and be selected every week...where as, I see Sidebottom being consistent, just not sure if he has the security of being selected every game once Collingwood regain their injured players.

no reason whatsoever to upgrade ziebell at this point given his excellent form and low BE.

Likewise Hill. A backliner like Hill who can average 75 from here on is a keeper in a bad year. Fix up the rest of your team first.

I would upgrade Otten before Rich, but either will do. Only if you're going to bring in someone who'll be a final midfielder like Cooney/Murphy though.

Ryder wouldnt be a bad swap for Houlihan. He plays the Saints this week though, so possibly hold off on that trade for a week.

i dont understand why people are considering picking up cooney. never averaged higher than 93 in a year and still under injury concerns. i know he is cheap but would you really want him in your final 6 mids.

i dont understand why people are considering picking up cooney. never averaged higher than 93 in a year and still under injury concerns. i know he is cheap but would you really want him in your final 6 mids.

Considering that people are trading in Coughlan with the intention of him being a midfield keeper, I would say that they do.

Going:

Krak - Gia
Petrenko - Grimes

:D

I personally wouldn't do that. Why all the fanfare for Gia? He has only averaged over 85 once in his career and always has a low TOG.

Much better options than him.

And Krack can average 80 for the year, so at best you gain 10 points and in all likehold 5 points - waste.

Considering that people are trading in Coughlan with the intention of him being a midfield keeper, I would say that they do.

i think there is the obvious difference of about 120k in price between these players. i cant see either averaging over 90 really imo, so i dont see either as keepers. but coughlan should make some good cash for you whilst he is in your team. personaly he will be preferably my last upgrade before finals.

Yep, that's a good plan mate. The only reason I'm waiting this week is to see how Yarran and Sidebottom go. .

a good plan that could always be pigrooted by injuries

feeling pretty confident in sidebottom. looked quite composed last night - i think he'll hold his spot over the likes of stanley, corrie, barham

Can't pick between Montagna, Hayes and Dal Santo.

I haven't seen much of the saints so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Definitely Hayes, but when Dal doesn't get tagged (i.e half the games) he will tear it up and more than make up for his quiet games.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back