2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

on the other note my forward line is struggling big time, and i want to cash in on stevie j this week with him still being below 400k.

my forward line as it stands is

pavlich, franklin, gia, higgins, krakouer, ziebell, warren (walker, hentschel)

looking at otten ---> cockie (who will sit on the bench in the mids)

which gives me enough cash to go

walker ---> steve johnson

gives me ---- pavlich, s.johnson, gia, franklin, higgins, krak, ziebell (warren, hentschel)

will then wait for warren to peak before upgrading ziebell. preferably to roo.

on the other note my forward line is struggling big time, and i want to cash in on stevie j this week with him still being below 400k.

my forward line as it stands is

pavlich, franklin, gia, higgins, krakouer, ziebell, warren (walker, hentschel)

looking at otten ---> cockie (who will sit on the bench in the mids)

which gives me enough cash to go

walker ---> steve johnson

gives me ---- pavlich, s.johnson, gia, franklin, higgins, krak, ziebell (warren, hentschel)

will then wait for warren to peak before upgrading ziebell. preferably to roo.

You do know walker has a negative BE and will go up in price? Personally i am going Krak to SJ because Krak will not score well when he gets manned up, and when we play Sydney after this week that is a certainty. BE of 105 for Krak, will drop in price.

K guys got a couple of options for trades this week.

Option 1:
Beams > Cockie
Krakeor > SJ
+ $19,300
(this option will result in a 0 though as Higgins is going to miss this week)

Option 2:

Beams > Cockie
Griffin > Corey
+ $200
(same as option 1)

Option 3:
M.Brown > Sidebottom
Krak > J.Brown
(Avoid a 0 as Sidebottom can cover for Higgins)

The first two options look very tasty but i will be 1 down this week. Option 3 would help me avoid a 0 but i am not sold on Sidebottom's possition in the side and if he can hold his spot or not.

Thoughts?

K guys got a couple of options for trades this week.

Option 1:
Beams > Cockie
Krakeor > SJ
+ $19,300
(this option will result in a 0 though as Higgins is going to miss this week)

Option 2:

Beams > Cockie
Griffin > Corey
+ $200
(same as option 1)

Option 3:
M.Brown > Sidebottom
Krak > J.Brown
(Avoid a 0 as Sidebottom can cover for Higgins)

The first two options look very tasty but i will be 1 down this week. Option 3 would help me avoid a 0 but i am not sold on Sidebottom's possition in the side and if he can hold his spot or not.

Thoughts?

Trade for the season, not just this week. If you trade to cover a 0 every week, you'll run out of trades very quickly.

I would rather take a 0 than trade down to a rookie who's only played 1 game, assuming there are other rookie options available to eventually pick from. Get two good games from a rookie, wait for the rookie to be named for the third, before trading down.

No, but who knows when he will be back/peak.

You have 3 downgrade targets to use on him this week, take one of them and forget him. When he does peak, there may not be a target to downgrade him to.

Also got to add up if you have enough trades/money to do the upgrades you want.

For me I need beams to rise another 40K so that I can get enough out of him to trade him down and zaha up to a premium.

i have raines/rance/petrenko/hodge
i need 2 of these to play each week, and right now none are 100% guaranteed.

thinking of upgrading rance (if petrenko plays)
then downgrading petrenko next week to Grimes

upgrade targets in the backs for me are Ryder (this week), or fisher next

if raines isnt picked though im ****ed and will cop a 0

thoughts

this will leave me with about 330 000...15 trades left...and then will look to fix my forward line up with upgrade from walker or ziebell

Trade for the season, not just this week. If you trade to cover a 0 every week, you'll run out of trades very quickly.

True statement. But i am just stating that i can avoid a 0 this week if i opt to go with option 3.

However after...having a look at the injury list Mitch Brown is listed as test, so may play this week.

I will wait until teams come out before i make my decision, but i am leaning towards option 1 and 2. Now the hard part is deciding which one to go for :confused:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have raines/rance/petrenko/hodge
i need 2 of these to play each week, and right now none are 100% guaranteed.

thinking of upgrading rance (if petrenko plays)
then downgrading petrenko next week to Grimes

upgrade targets in the backs for me are Ryder (this week), or fisher next

if raines isnt picked though im ****ed and will cop a 0

thoughts

this will leave me with about 330 000...15 trades left...and then will look to fix my forward line up with upgrade from walker or ziebell

I'm looking at Petrenko to Grimes but unfortunately it's not a downgrade. Will cost you 46k (Next week will probably cost you more)

Will Josh Fraser play this week? He's my second ruck and with all the other injuries my team has, I really hope I don't have to trade him

I'm looking at Petrenko to Grimes but unfortunately it's not a downgrade. Will cost you 46k (Next week will probably cost you more)
lol whoops...i never knew he was 180 000, doubt ill do that then

petrenko >> ryder
rance >> fisher/gilbert

will leave me with raines, hodge on my bench for a few weeks, before shifting hill there...and maybe just keep them as season reserves
thoughts??
can someone tell me about grimes...will he play most games?? how will he score. if hes going to be a full season player i might even look at the petrenko trade with him cheers

You do know walker has a negative BE and will go up in price? Personally i am going Krak to SJ because Krak will not score well when he gets manned up, and when we play Sydney after this week that is a certainty. BE of 105 for Krak, will drop in price.

seriously if some idiot cant work it out for himself then why help him

yes i am aware of this i access ffgenie frequently, and i can work it out for myself Outburst, but i think stevie j at 390k is great value. walker is not going to go up in value too much more really (maybe 30-40k max), and steve johsnon is liekly to go up this amount as well. i have ziebell, warren and hentschel as other forward cash cows who i dont wish to trade yet.

and if you read my first post my forward line consists of pav, gia and franklin as premiums/original keepers. hence i am losing massive amounts of points not having one of chapman/johnson/riewoldt.

still have 17 trades left and unless other injuries occur during the week i will be going ahead with the trades.

I've got so many trades I'd like to do this week, i don't know where to start.

16 trades left, $61k in the bank.

B: Goddard, Gilbee, Hodge, Cornes, Houlihan, Malceski, Suban (Cheney & Broughton)
M: Bartel, Kornes, Gibbs, Selwood, Haselby, Rich (Otten & Anthony)
R: Petrie, Tippett
F: Franklin, Pavlich, N Brown, Deledio,Higgins, Krakouer, Ziebell (Walker & M Brown)

Some thoughts running through my head:

a) Rich > Rookie, Krakouer > SJ (+ $132k)
b) Kornes > Judd, Malceski > Gilbert (+ $19k)
c) Rich > Rookie, Hodge > Lockyer (+ $168k)
d) Hodge > Lockyer (+ $500)

* Would really love to bring in SJ, or Judd, or Gilbert/Lockyer, but it seems silly whilst i've got so many question marks over Hoops, Hodge, Kornes, Higgins etc., though abvously I'd wait until teams came out before making any moves.

Thoughts??

I wouldnt be getting rid of Griffen. He isnt scoring well, but also isnt likely to drop any further in price. Hold onto him and see if he starts to score better now that Cooney is back and starting to look better.

If the Bulldogs start to play well and get on a bit of run, Griffen is likely to go up a fair bit in price.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back