2010 flag and spoon

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints for the flag (injuries permitting)
Can't split Sydney, Port and Richmond for the spoon again think injuries will pay a big part
Freo won't spoon it though.......

Flag - Adelaide, a lot of Crows supporters think we're still a year away but I just have a feeling that 2010 is our time. Though I feel a touch less confident than I did before Otten went down :(

Spoon - Richmond. Just can't see them improving. As woeful as Melbourne are, they at least look like they're on the up. I don't see Richmond improving for a couple of years yet.

Spoon - Richmond. Just can't see them improving. As woeful as Melbourne are, they at least look like they're on the up. I don't see Richmond improving for a couple of years yet.
Who will kick Melbourne's goals next year? :confused:

Melbourne's forwards are Watts, Jurrah, Miller, Wonneamirri and Bate.

The Tigers' forwards should be Riewoldt, Morton, Nahas, Post and Vickery.

I think Richmond will kick more goals than the Demons next year and avoid the spoon.

Who will kick Melbourne's goals next year? :confused:

Melbourne's forwards are Watts, Jurrah, Miller, Wonneamirri and Bate.

The Tigers' forwards should be Riewoldt, Morton, Nahas, Post and Vickery.

I think Richmond will kick more goals than the Demons next year and avoid the spoon.
There's some talk that Martin (198 cm) is on the money as a FF prospect to strengthen the spine and take a gorilla defender, Petterd has shown much promise as a mid height leading forward and hopefully Maric will string some games together as a small forward who comes down the ground. Your point is a fair one though, we still have much to prove up forward but the prospects are there IMO - having said that I don't see Richmond's forward set up being significantly better than this (if at all).

There's some talk that Martin (198 cm) is on the money as a FF prospect to strengthen the spine and take a gorilla defender, Petterd has shown much promise as a mid height leading forward and hopefully Maric will string some games together as a small forward who comes down the ground. Your point is a fair one though, we still have much to prove up forward but the prospects are there IMO - having said that I don't see Richmond's forward set up being significantly better than this (if at all).
I think you are underestimating our forwards from last year. Morton, Riewoldt and Nahas combined for more than 100 goals. Not easy to do when Richo was missing and there was no big forward to take the heat off them.

I think you are underestimating our forwards from last year. Morton, Riewoldt and Nahas combined for more than 100 goals. Not easy to do when Richo was missing and there was no big forward to take the heat off them.
Not by my calculations but either way they did make solid contributions over a season.

Morton (41) averaged 2 goals per game, Riewoldt (32) averaged 1.5 and Nahas (21) averaged 1. After these three forwards, your next best goal kicker was midfielder in Deledio (20) who pushed forward at times.

Melbourne's goals were more spread out as we mixed it up more. Jurrah (20) still averaged 2 goals per game, Miller (19), Bate (27) and Petterd (19) all just over 1 goal per game. Watts' goals are not worth going by from 3 games of playing wing and forward - wait and see with him but he will only improve. Considering Robertson was a key target for 13 games with 29 goals then that isn't too bad for wooden spooners. I don't know Richmond's situation but we have many more genuine forward options who should kick some goals next year as well with Wona, Martin and Maric if he gets on the park. We still have mids who push forward for a goal a game as well with Sylvia (17) and Green should be used more forward next year.

Some Tiger forwards did step up this year but I think you will need some more options - only 4 goal kickers this year in double figures, Melbourne had 7 not including Watts, Martin, Wona and Maric. I realise Morton bagged significantly more than any of our current forwards (ie excluding Robbo) but Jurrah only played 9 games for his 20. Nahas didn't do much more for you than what Sylvia did for us from mid/hff. Having said that, if Griffiths comes good for you guys in the not too distant future then that will help but Morton and Riewoldt won't be as prominent and your midfield still needs to deliver it.

Premiers: St Kilda or WB
Spooners: Richmond or Freo

I prey Collingwood falter again and Melbourne start creeping up the ladder. Should hit about 12th in 2010. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread'll be fun for us Demons to bump next year!

Vinnie, I respectfully submit that your prediction there is about as likely as the spontaneous morphing of my computer into an angry hamster...

Well I wouldn't claim to know overly much about Freo, no more than most other fans outside of WA would.

But given the fact that we thrashed them by 10 goals this year with almost half our squad sidelined, and that our squad will be significantly strengthened next year, yeah, I'd be pretty surprised if Freo somehow finished above us. I don't think that's a particularly big call to make.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654080&page=3

I suppose you forgot about it so I bumped it for you Wonaeamirri33. :D

first: adelaide def. geelong. this will end geelongs reign of domination.

last: sadly. richmond. how many players did you delist....? SCREWEDD.

A-wizard-Yes-I-am-a-wizard.jpg

Well I wouldn't claim to know overly much about Freo, no more than most other fans outside of WA would.

But given the fact that we thrashed them by 10 goals this year with almost half our squad sidelined, and that our squad will be significantly strengthened next year, yeah, I'd be pretty surprised if Freo somehow finished above us. I don't think that's a particularly big call to make.

raugh out roud

Flag: Geelong -

Still pretty much the same team as the past three years. I feel as if this year took more out of the Saints as a football club than it did the Cats. It's also all well and good to say that Hawthorn will bounce back with less injuries, but what about the improvement of clubs like Brisbane, Adelaide, Collingwood and the Buldogs? Who drops out to have the Hawks take their place? Adelaide IMO will have problems getting their 2nd tier players to have equal or better years than 09' and their ageing players will get a little slower.

Spoon: Sydney -

Have a decent batch of young kids but have lost alot of experience and brought in only average to above average players. I think this will be the year we see a Sydney side that is easily bullied in the packs and lacking the talent beyond too few to compete with most sides in the competition.

So very wrong. But at least I put a bit of reasoning in there.

Glad I was spot on with the bold bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 flag and spoon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back