2010 - Rounds 17-22 Trade Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 21 Trades

I'd hang on to Pav and play Watts. That trade could really come in handy in the GF. GL!

Now can anyone shed some light on my situation?

I've finished weekly top 500 last 2 weeks in row. I'm in a super competitive league among friends, but I feel I have a slight edge on my opponent.

2 trades left. 60k in the bank.

Which option would you do?? I'm leaning towards A.

A) No trades. You have sufficient backup in Trengove, and Waters/Stanton both have favourable matchups this week. Look to upgrade next week.

B) Waters>Keplar, then swap Trengove with Keplar. Strijk into B7.

C) Waters>Keplar, Stanton>NDS/Murphy/Bartel

D) Waters>Malceski, Stanton>NDS

E) Sandi>Mumford, Waters>Malceski/Fisher

F) Sandi>Mumford, Stanton>NDS/Murphy/Bartel

scrd20.jpg

I would go with A aswell. Team would still score well without Pav and Sandilands.

Need to trade Goodwin out. My backline consists of: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Gilbee, Malceski, Gilbert, Goodwin. I can afford anyone except for Milburn. AND i want to steer clear of Lake due to his injury and chance he may be a late withdrawal.

I'm thinking of Broughton, Newman, Duffield, Kelly.

Have $373,000 to spend on a forward replace Higgins.
Higgins>J.Riewoldt?
Hes cheap and scored 120 last time he faced St Kilda.
Other options ive tossed up were Gartlett or Gray.
Opinions?

OUT: Naitanui
IN: "Random Brisbane Lions Rookie" :p

OUT: Jarrod Grant
IN: Nick Riewoldt

Cripes i hope Riewoldt plays well this week, otherwise it's a waste of a double trade :p. Had him in my side prior to him being injured, did not want to act on his return until he had a few solid rounds.... last week was solid enough.

Got rid of Naitanui, i had 4 prime rucks from round 1 (Jolly, Renouf, Naitanui and Gardiner), decided to offload Gardiner a few rounds ago in an effort to bolster my midfield (ie: although i was down a backup ruckman.... the midfield was strong). As i've said in previous posts, i had 4 prime rucks from the beginning as last year my "mid range" ruck choices did not last throughout the season (i was down to 1 available ruck - in my case Naitanui for the majority of 2009).

3 trades left!

I would go with A aswell. Team would still score well without Pav and Sandilands.

Need to trade Goodwin out. My backline consists of: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Gilbee, Malceski, Gilbert, Goodwin. I can afford anyone except for Milburn. AND i want to steer clear of Lake due to his injury and chance he may be a late withdrawal.

I'm thinking of Broughton, Newman, Duffield, Kelly.

Broughton or Kelly for me. Although having said that, I took Newman 2 weeks ago over Broughton. Was probably a mistake.

OUT: Naitanui
IN: "Random Brisbane Lions Rookie" :p

OUT: Jarrod Grant
IN: Nick Riewoldt

Cripes i hope Riewoldt plays well this week, otherwise it's a waste of a double trade :p. Had him in my side prior to him being injured, did not want to act on his return until he had a few solid rounds.... last week was solid enough.

Got rid of Naitanui, i had 4 prime rucks from round 1 (Jolly, Renouf, Naitanui and Gardiner), decided to offload Gardiner a few rounds ago in an effort to bolster my midfield (ie: although i was down a backup ruckman.... the midfield was strong). As i've said in previous posts, i had 4 prime rucks from the beginning as last year my "mid range" ruck choices did not last throughout the season (i was down to 1 available ruck - in my case Naitanui for the majority of 2009).

3 trades left!

You must be doing well or holding off trades to have "3" left
:eek:

Thank christ Brown is playing otherwise i'd be in a bit of strife!

Pavlich & Hayes Out

thinking:

Pendlebury/Didak & Ciril Rioli IN

I need help,

Pendles or Didak??

If i make the Granny i'm playing my best mate (the guy he is playing is decimated with injuries w/ no cover) who has Didak

Should i play the safer option and get Didak or get Pendles?

Pendles has averaged more, but Didak has killed the last month.... dilema!

Well heres the go guys.
Ive got Sanilands/got tippet to cover.
Pavlich/got Jetta to cover
Sheppard/No one to cover.
so here we go:
Ive got $6000 left in the kitty and want to trade out matty maguire.
out of these 3 who would be the best option?
Matthew Warnock?
Jackson Trengove(port)?
Pearce Hanley?

your thoughts will be much appriciated.
oh and btw i only got the 1 trade left..

Thank christ Brown is playing otherwise i'd be in a bit of strife!

Pavlich & Hayes Out

thinking:

Pendlebury/Didak & Ciril Rioli IN

I need help,

Pendles or Didak??

If i make the Granny i'm playing my best mate (the guy he is playing is decimated with injuries w/ no cover) who has Didak

Should i play the safer option and get Didak or get Pendles?

Pendles has averaged more, but Didak has killed the last month.... dilema!
If it was me, i'd roll the dice and gamble on Didak who can potentially get you a bigger score on his day than Pendles. I guess it depends on whether you have any other 'wild cards' in your team that might get you over the line.

You must be doing well or holding off trades to have "3" left
:eek:

Haha in previous years i had gone through all of my trades before round 12 :p, i've learned to pace myself.... while i'd love scores of 2200+.... anything above 1800 is acceptable to me. When i first started playing years ago, i only managed 1100 - 1400.

Also my best method of trading is to effectively work on 2 or 3 trades to gradually get ONE player (who would basically outscore the 2 or 3 traded players..... on his own). If i trade one for one, in most cases the new player is no better than the player i traded.... but if i was to trade a decent price but medial scoring on field player, as well as a decent price reserve - i could then use the money the following week to plug a hole in a weak area.

As with my previous trades, i've got rid of one backup ruck - in order to have enough $ to replace a suspect player in the backline (which was good as my replacement defender, plays a lot in the midfield.... thus his position is a red herring in regards to the score he can achieve :thumbsu:).

My forward line has Chappy, Didak, Goodes, ROK, Buddy, Brown, Fyfe (Hitchcock, Watts).

Can't afford N.Reiwoldt or B Harvey :-(

I need to trade out Fyfe for a premium this week and i'm looking at:-
Sylvia
Schneider
Stevie J
or Giansiracusa

Leaning towards Sylvia based upon his opponents this week. Need help! Who should I take?

$30k, 1 trade left.

I'm thinking of subbing Pav into the middle for Goodes and then trading
Pav -> any midfielder under $419k.

Options: Jordan Lewis, Jude Bolton..Ben McGlynn..Jason Gram?? Gram is only priced at $338k but might be good with two easy games coming up and having been freshened up after his injury..

Any ideas? :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was me, i'd roll the dice and gamble on Didak who can potentially get you a bigger score on his day than Pendles. I guess it depends on whether you have any other 'wild cards' in your team that might get you over the line.

Defence
Goddard Hodge Malceski Waters Scottland Waite Enright

Midfield:
Swan Ablett Judd Chapman Boyd Didak/Pendlebury

Ruck:
Hille Warnock (Damn you Sandilands for not coming up!!)

Fwd:
N Riewaldt B Harvey Podsiadly Brown Franklin R Murphy Rioli

$30k, 1 trade left.

I'm thinking of subbing Pav into the middle for Goodes and then trading
Pav -> any midfielder under $419k.

Options: Jordan Lewis, Jude Bolton..Ben McGlynn..Jason Gram?? Gram is only priced at $338k but might be good with two easy games coming up and having been freshened up after his injury..

Any ideas? :confused:

mcgylnn , is he playing , injured??? broken eye socket??

bolton has bulldogs and bris

lewis has freo 3rds and pies
gram has best run tigers and crows

1 trade left

Want to trade out Higgins.

Including Higgins price and the 20k in the bank i have around 369k to spend

Not many decent choices in this price range.
But i am down to 2 candidates.

J Brennan or J Riewoldt???

Brennan unlikely to score big, but more likely to give me a respectable score
Riewoldt more likely to score big, but also more likely to give me a stinker

What do yas rkn???

Haha in previous years i had gone through all of my trades before round 12 :p, i've learned to pace myself.... while i'd love scores of 2200+.... anything above 1800 is acceptable to me. When i first started playing years ago, i only managed 1100 - 1400.

Also my best method of trading is to effectively work on 2 or 3 trades to gradually get ONE player (who would basically outscore the 2 or 3 traded players..... on his own). If i trade one for one, in most cases the new player is no better than the player i traded.... but if i was to trade a decent price but medial scoring on field player, as well as a decent price reserve - i could then use the money the following week to plug a hole in a weak area.

As with my previous trades, i've got rid of one backup ruck - in order to have enough $ to replace a suspect player in the backline (which was good as my replacement defender, plays a lot in the midfield.... thus his position is a red herring in regards to the score he can achieve :thumbsu:).

fair enough but to have 1 trade over is waste , you could have up graded someone last week(unless you used 2 trades:))

I'm waiting until final teams come out tonight. If Selwood is a late omission, I'll trade him for Harvey. I know it's a massive risk with the Eagles at Skilled next week, but I think it could give me the edge this week. It also frees up enough cash to use my final trade in the forward line (one Fyfe/L Davis out for Franklin/Didak).

Would have liked to have harvested Moles after watching him mature to this price, but what can you do...

I have a dilemma.

I have the biggest game of Supercoach for me this year on the weekend. My friend has 1 donut (Pav) while I have cover in the form of Jack Watts.

Now, I really want to win this game. So, should I keep Pav and play Watts and hope the rest of my team pulls through

OR

trade to... Dale Thomas...?

I only have one trade left. I think I should play it safe and save the trade for next week if need be.
How well do you stack up against him over the rest of the ground?

just did Fyfe -> Liam Jones, didn't want to take the risk of copping a zero from Brown. oh well, leaves me one trade and $244k for next week (if i make it :) )

What are peoples thoughts on the strongest combination.

Lake & Byrnes/Tippett or Waters & Chappy

Massive dilema.

To trade out Hayes to Montagna/Judd to avoid a donut or keep my remaining two trades. Hmmm.....

Depends how many other injuries you have, mate.

I'm in a pickle. Obviously I'm in a must-win game. I have one trade left and $13,700. If I played my cards better last week and held my trades instead of going Ball > Tuck I'd be in a much better position! :rolleyes:

B: Goddard; Hodge; Enright; Gilbert; Shaw; Waters; Smith (Goodwin; Webberley)
C: Ablett; Montagna; Dal Santo; Judd; Boyd; Tuck (Shuey; Stevenson)
R: Cox; Tippett (Sandilands; West)
F: Goodes; O'Keefe; Hall; Podsiadly; Brown; Riewoldt; Watts (Pavlich; Lobbe)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back