2010 Trading and Draft Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL WUT!!! I have officially seen the most bizarre trade suggestion.

From the "Twitterverse":

@AFL_JasonPhelan Whilst I fear the backlash as a Carlton supporter, any thoughts on Gibbs on the table to sweeten a Tarrant deal?

and Phelan's reply ;)

Gibbs as steak knives in a Tarrant deal? Unlikely! Crows have tried to get Gibbs for years. Think he's Blue for life

http://twitter.com/AFL_JasonPhelan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks have no interest in Thornton at this stage, despite having little chance at getting Tarrant..... can't really see us getting rid of him now, devo

source: that afl radio thing

Day 1 Wrap:

As most of you have read or would have guessed, Day 1 as usual is like watching paint dry. Plenty of clubs posturing, denying and making outrageous requests, and that was just at the coffee shop. LOL

I stress the following summary is a collation of press reports, solid rumours and info from my sources.

I have set out the players inquired about, from what clubs and rated the reactions on a temp scale - Cold, Cool, Warm or Hot.

Inquiries.....Inquiries......Temperature
.About..........From.............Scale

Browne...........Freo..............Cool

Grigg............Tigers............Warm
...................Suns..............Cool

Jacobs..........Crows..............Hot
..................Saints.............Cool
..................Cats..............Warm

Setanta........Demons............Hot
..................Dogs..............Warm
.................Swans..............Cool

Thornton......Hawks..............Cool

Walker..........Dogs..............Cool
..................Crows............Warm

I have set out the players that we inquired about, from what clubs and rated our chances on a temp scale - Cold, Cool, Warm or Hot.

Inquiries.....Inquiries......Temperature
...About..........Club.............Scale

Sherman...........Lions..............Cold

Brown..............Eagles.............Cold

Brennan.............Lions.............Cool

Talia................Crows.............Cool

McKinley...........Eagles............Warm

Warnock...........Demons............Hot

Tarrant..............Freo.............Cool

McPharlin...........Freo..............Cold

Clark................Lions.............Warm

Barlow.............Swans.............Warm

Bevan..............Swans.............Warm

Veszpremi.........Swans..............Cool

It looks like we have some good ones coming our way and if we can convert a few more of these, it could be a really good trade period.

I recon O'hAilpin for Warnock will go through.
I don't know what we see in McKinley. He's not a good footballer and will become a whipping boy for supporters.
You'd think we might be after Brown from WCE a bit more.
I hope we are offering Grigg and Jacobs as a package. Getting a couple of late picks and a couple of average players is no where near as valuable as an early pick and a good player.

Bevan..............Swans.............Warm

This is an interesting one. Is this as a potential swap for Setanta? I put this guy on my hate list after the pre-season game this year, he just spent the entire game trying to knock our players blocks off and pestering them. He's strong, has plenty of mongrel and is a bit of an antagonist. He'd really add some physical pressure that we were lacking at times last season.

You want our Barlow.

are you sure you don’t have the names mixed up with the guy from Freo.

Hope you’ve been watching his form in Canberra as it's his only 2010 guide and rarely threatened senior selection at the swans.

Fully expect him to be ignored at trade week and subsequently delisted.

This is an interesting one. Is this as a potential swap for Setanta? I put this guy on my hate list after the pre-season game this year, he just spent the entire game trying to knock our players blocks off and pestering them. He's strong, has plenty of mongrel and is a bit of an antagonist. He'd really add some physical pressure that we were lacking at times last season.

Can he play though? It's all well and good to be tough and have a bit of mongeral but you must be able to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Trading and Draft Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back