Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really excited about trade week but now I am scared.

We are supposed to be topping up on experience but we are going to lose it all.

:(

I tweeted shuey and nico 4 hours ago telling them to tell stevens to stay, no one wants him to leave. No reply :(

If the talk about us being into Macaffer's ear ( as has been previously reported) are correct then the Collingwood destination could be on.

Whilst I dont want to loose Koby Stevens there is no point bitching about it until we get the full story ie who or what picks we get in return.

Collingwood dont have a lot of cap space to pay Macaffer what he is asking so maybe Stevens is a cheaper option for the Pies.

Macaffer would be a good inclusion in our team. Not saying its going to happen just putting it out there.

Edit I sense a Toovey trade swap

I don't think so. Collingwood traded their first rounder.

If Kobes goes to Collingwood it must be for Wellingham, nothing less. At least Wellingham is a B grade midfielder.

99% chance that all Kobe, Lycett, Swift, Sheppard talk is all rubbish.

I may have stalked Koby's profile, but he has created a custom made surfboard company recently with Jordan Jones and Ben Bucovaz based in Perth.

Bit of positivity for everyone?

I may have stalked Koby's profile, but he has created a custom made surfboard company recently with Jordan Jones and Ben Bucovaz based in Perth.

Bit of positivity for everyone?

Depends if the delisted Bucovaz also leaves Perth?

I actually find it amusing how many rumours on here becomes self-perpetuating, but never reach actualisation.
Sometimes, but not all the time.

Ebert and Palmer are two examples.

The strike rate is low, but the same could be said for the awful footy media we have to put up with. At least I have seen a couple of genuine "scoops" on this site.

Depends if the delisted Bucovaz also leaves Perth?
Bucovaz isn't going anywhere.....

Not sure whether the surfboard thing will stop Koby leaving. (not suggesting he will despite this topic making my heart rate go increasingly crazier)

Off topic is there any radio stream or anything of the B&F tonight?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I completely trust the list managment of the Eagles.

If anyone leaves im sure we will get decent value from them and if we decide to trade a player im sure that we wont loose out over loosing him.

They might seem like strange decisions now but im sure it will all work out.

If anyone leaves im sure we will get decent value from them and if we decide to trade a player im sure that we wont loose out over loosing him.

Completely agree, I have a lot more faith in the list manangement team making a wise decision than anyone here on these forums (including myself).

Not sure about this.

We seem to have a recent habit of letting players go for whatever we can get.

Hopefully I am just freaking out/being pessimistic.

Also interesting we hardly hear about players being linked with our club.

Of recent we seem to be reluctant and average traders, being more worried about accommodating leaving than players than fighting hard to bolster our list. Both good and bad I suppose.

Not sure about this.

We seem to have a recent habit of letting players go for whatever we can get.

Hopefully I am just freaking out/being pessimistic.

Also interesting we hardly hear about players being linked with our club.

Of recent we seem to be reluctant and average traders, being more worried about accommodating leaving than players than fighting hard to bolster our list. Both good and bad I suppose.

I just think that a club with our resources, our ability and desire to get the best possible people in all positions greatly minimises potential fk ups. Add that to the fact we are historically succesfull and finished this year in the top 4.

As for past history, McKinley, Spangher and Staker trades have been about right.

It's one of those things that is great in your head, imagining long kicks into the forward and all our talls down there plucking them out of the sky...

Trouble is it'd only take one quarter to realise the image you had in your head was stupid.

If you back in your mids for good delivery, it could work. The beautiful thing about AFL is it evolves, changes from year to year, something that sounds crazy now becomes the norm tomorrow you have to admit?

Plus I think this is just one tactic that could be employed against certain opposition. I think one thing we can improve tactically is developing different structures tailored to different opposition, again i refer back to Geelong (Scott admitted to changing tactics mid seasons, had already made subtle changes pre-season and it paid off).

Also I have been stating the whole time that teams need more depth now, even for KPP. There's 120 kids running around this week trying to crack into an AFL side. Competition for positions JUST to be on a list is getting tougher by the year, thus there's going to be room to have talent stored on your list, whilst they may only play 10 games a season players will be thankful for that and clubs will be seeking those who are keen and patient, training to be ready to make an impact against the opposition they've been selected as being potentially most effective against.

If there was any chance of us seriously going for a pick in the mini-draft, you'd think this Ebert and Stevens (if true) business will well and truly take the focus right off it.

I just think that a club with our resources, our ability and desire to get the best possible people in all positions greatly minimises potential fk ups. Add that to the fact we are historically succesfull and finished this year in the top 4.

As for past history, McKinley, Spangher and Staker trades have been about right.
McKinley yes in retrospect.

Spangher we lost for nothing and Staker has played patches of very good football for Brisbane, along with Seaby and pick 39 worth far more than the spare change we may get for Koby.

If there was any chance of us seriously going for a pick in the mini-draft, you'd think this Ebert and Stevens (if true) business will well and truly take the focus right off it.
I don't think we can compete for O'Meara but there are a few other talented players that have nominated, perhaps we could get a 2nd pick?

McKinley yes in retrospect.

Spangher we lost for nothing and Staker has played patches of very good football for Brisbane, along with Seaby and pick 39 worth far more than the spare change we may get for Koby.
all those players were borderline delistings. to think that we somehow got rid of them for less than they were worth is far fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back