Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?

All of Seaby, Staker and Spangher have played some good footy since leaving.

What it shows is that we either mismanaged them as players or got less than their worth.

Seaby has played 7 games since being traded.
Staker has also played only 7 games and continues to break down. Will miss all of 2012
Spangher was delisted. Played some ok footy to get 6 starts but completely un-needed at our club.

Seaby has played 7 games since being traded.
Staker has also played only 7 games and continues to break down. Will miss all of 2012
Spangher was delisted. Played some ok footy to get 6 starts but completely un-needed at our club.
I don't know what football league you have been watching, but it is fair to say you don't have a clue.

Staker played a full season in 2010 and 7 games this year till his injury (29 in total). Was very good as a defender last year when Brisbane lost key players to injury and in patches has been a great foil up forward for Brown, when he was in the side. Heck I even remember Staker being instrumental in Brisbanes shock 2010 win against Collingwood.

You are correct on Seaby, he has struggled with injury. He has played 13 games though not 7. Started 2010 with a bang and played two genuinely excellent games, before injury woes saw him bow out in the match in round 6(iirc). This year when he has played again, has had a few excellent games and I would suggest that most Sydney fans rate him highly and that if fit and firing will be a very good player for them.

I don't know what football league you have been watching, but it is fair to say you don't have a clue.

Staker played a full season in 2010 and 7 games this year till his injury (29 in total). Was very good as a defender last year when Brisbane lost key players to injury and in patches has been a great foil up forward for Brown, when he was in the side. Heck I even remember Staker being instrumental in Brisbanes shock 2010 win against Collingwood.

You are correct on Seaby, he has struggled with injury. He has played 13 games though not 7. Started 2010 with a bang and played two genuinely excellent games, before injury woes saw him bow out in the match in round 6(iirc). This year when he has played again, has had a few excellent games and I would suggest that most Sydney fans rate him highly and that if fit and firing will be a very good player for them.

I rated Staker but he kept having brainfades. I always thought it was a mental problem after the 2005 GF. He needed a fresh start to reignite his career.

Spangher wouldn't be getting a game with us ahead of Glass or Mackenzie. He would even be behind Mitch Brown and was surplus to requirements.

Seaby is a very average player. He is lucky to still be on an AFL list.

Stevens and stevenson sound very similar. And with stevenson already linked as a potential trade to collingwood i wouldnt be all the surprised to find the guy listening to the radio misheard... I hope.

Bingo. Nailed it me thinks. Stevens may leave but the idea its to Collingwood is so ridiculous its scary

I rated Staker but he kept having brainfades. I always thought it was a mental problem after the 2005 GF. He needed a fresh start to reignite his career.

Spangher wouldn't be getting a game with us ahead of Glass or Mackenzie. He would even be behind Mitch Brown and was surplus to requirements.

Seaby is a very average player. He is lucky to still be on an AFL list.

Yep, I remember that he wanted to be traded the year before he was and no one wanted him. We were lucky to get what Sydney paid.

People say he has been good at the Swans but only the first 2-3 games were good then after that (and before he got injured that year) Mumford over took him as Swans no.1 choice. Then he got injured and has struggled to get a spot ahead of Mumford.

Really?

Seaby has done stuff all at the Swans and was left out of the finals. He's a depth ruckman there for insurance and nothing more. We had no need to keep him and our ruck division is one of the strongest in the league.

Staker has played a handfully of decent games for the Lions, pretty much similar to how he played for us. Certainly hasn't made any of us think 'we really stuffed up losing Staker'. The dissappointment is that we only got Daziell in return.

Spangher only just broke into the Swans line up late in the year. Remember reading the Swans forward line that included Spangher and Lewis-Roberts-Thomson and had a chuckle. Playing forward is a totally different role to what he played with us and has ment we haven't seen the brain fades and poor disposal coming out of defense that he displayed at the Eagles.

Do you really think losing any of these three has had a material negative impact on our list?

I certainly don't.

This will not happen. Wellingham is a contracted player and a part of our best 22. Why would we give you a best 22 player for an unproven kid, particularly if the player is going to leave your club (provided he wants out of course)?

You may rate him highly, but it won't happen or go down like that. It be like us demanding quality for Macaffer who is out of contract and provided he wants to go. Again, won't happen. Lets be realistic here.

What purpose does this trade serve to Collingwood? What you are basically saying is Collingwood exchange Beams for Stevens? Why would we do this for aa player we regard as a quality young player already a part of our established best 22? Not to mention the fact that he is also contracted.

If Stevens wants out and if we are into him ( I don't know why but anyway) and if you guys are into Macaffer, a trade could potentially be on but it's all speculation at this point.

All I know is, your proposed trade will never happen.

Wellingham is out of contract is my understanding and its been made public that he is underpaid and they are struggling to get to reasonable terms.

Pies do have cap problems, don't pretend they don't. Next year both Pendlebury and T Cloke come out of contract, T Cloke wasn't happy with his current pay level and will demand plenty, so will Pendlebury.

Stevens plus pick 28 for Beams is what I posted, you totally ignored the pick which is clear indication that Stevens does not = Beams or even Wellingham.

Stevens won't demand big $$ for the next 2 years and can replace Beams / Wellingham straight away as well a cover for Johnson and Swan when he goes away for his mid season holiday to Arazona next year.

As for Beams something smells fishy about this guy, a few rumours about that he wants to head back to QLD, his bro plays at the Lions, not too many dots to join here.

Eagles can satisfy Wellinghams / Clark's salary and he fits our needs, if Koby wanted out its a pretty logical trade. Its not hard to understand why this would happen, maybe your grand final grief has clouded your judgement.

Wellingham is out of contract is my understanding and its been made public that he is underpaid and they are struggling to get to reasonable terms.

Pies do have cap problems, don't pretend they don't. Next year both Pendlebury and T Cloke come out of contract, T Cloke wasn't happy with his current pay level and will demand plenty, so will Pendlebury.

Stevens plus pick 28 for Beams is what I posted, you totally ignored the pick which is clear indication that Stevens does not = Beams or even Wellingham.

Stevens won't demand big $$ for the next 2 years and can replace Beams / Wellingham straight away as well a cover for Johnson and Swan when he goes away for his mid season holiday to Arazona next year.

As for Beams something smells fishy about this guy, a few rumours about that he wants to head back to QLD, his bro plays at the Lions, not too many dots to join here.

Eagles can satisfy Wellinghams / Clark's salary and he fits our needs, if Koby wanted out its a pretty logical trade. Its not hard to understand why this would happen, maybe your grand final grief has clouded your judgement.

lol my judgment is clouded? A little bit of research wouldn't got astray before you go pumping out your chest to know it all.

Wellingham is contracted until the end of 2012. He is not out of contract. Therefore, we would not entertain a trade of Wellingham for Stevens as Sharrod's price is worth more than that of Stevens'.

Also, where has it been made public he is underpaid? What's been made public is Toovey and Macaffer are underpaid and are struggling to come to an agreement. You are getting your facts confused.

COLLINGWOOD'S Sharrod Wellingham has been rewarded for his break-out season with a new two-year deal.
Wellingham's management and the club have agreed to terms for 2011 and 2012.

Sure, we may have cap problems and there may need to be collateral damage but the players we want to keep will be retained and guys like Wellingham and Beams are simply off limits unless the deal was too good to refuse. Both are contracted until the end of 2012.

Koby is a 20 year old inside mid with oodles of talent, we wouldn't take macaffer if you dragged Eddie out into the streets and blew his brains out as an incentive. I get it, your a Collingwood supporter and your club ****s other clubs not the other way around. But stop trying to offload your shit onto us thank-you very much!

My apologise d&m I meant 'this year' for staker. And I didn't dispute that any of them might have played some alright footy, just wen u look at the a big scale of things, thers not much they wud/could add to our list let alone best 22. I th ink we got wot we cud from those trades cos that's all we cud get. And tbh I think those freed up spots for other players to get a go prob enough compensation for that lot.

@barrahead
adrian barich
Woosha on Dead Set Legends confirmed will be sounding out Mark Harvey plus he was in the line at Movie World when Summa rang with the news

So I guess it's confirmed we are going for Mark Harvey

Didn't think Woosha was the Movie World kind of guy :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well considering he said both had only played 7 games, but I guess comprehension skills are in short supply on the WC board.

To deny that all three have played some good football would be disingenuous.

It is one of two things, we either didn't get the most out of them or let them go too easily.

Most reasonable posters will admit we have been very accommodating to the players we have traded.

My apologise d&m I meant 'this year' for staker. And I didn't dispute that any of them might have played some alright footy, just wen u look at the a big scale of things, thers not much they wud/could add to our list let alone best 22. I th ink we got wot we cud from those trades cos that's all we cud get. And tbh I think those freed up spots for other players to get a go prob enough compensation for that lot.
Maybe you are right, maybe it is the football fan in me.

But when I see other clubs playing hardball and us losing players we have put development time and games into, for next to nothing.

But when I see other clubs playing hardball and us losing players we have put development time and games into, for next to nothing.

Have faith! They usually all turn out to be fringe spuds in the good teams anyway. :thumbsu:

St Kilda played hard ball and it (very) basically lost them a premiership. All though you could probably class that as playing stupid rather then playing hardball.

I feel ya dude, but like bodz says, keep the faith. Nobody likes to feel ripped off but I recon our list management has been pretty spot on recently and have made the most of what we've had to work with. When players want to walk its hard to get there true value unless there are multiple teams vying for them as we all know.. sux cos Eberts prob worth a late teens to early 20s pick in a normal draft.. but that's wot wer faced with.

On the other hand tho, ther is a lot of exciting wa talent playing over east. And not all of them are going to wana stay over there.. so wen there ready to come home.. that's wen I really hope we play hardball.

Anybody know what our salary cap is like atm?.. I remember someone ages ago saying that the eagles wer quietly working very hard on ther contracts and cap space in preparation for free agency.

Spoke to Woosh at the B&F last night. Mentioned Koby was contracted when I asked about him but didnt seem 100% sure on him staying. Really rates him as a player.

Also mentioned we had made a play for O'Meara but confirmed GC had offered up pick 4.

Spoke to Woosh at the B&F last night. Mentioned Koby was contracted when I asked about him but didnt seem 100% sure on him staying. Really rates him as a player.

Also mentioned we had made a play for O'Meara but confirmed GC had offered up pick 4.

Really? I thought his contract finished this year :confused:

Interesting, because I was thinking last night that I thought he had signed an extension to the initial 2 year rookie contract. Knew woosh would love the way he goes about his football.

I'm also very intrigued about that "didn't seem 100% sure on him staying" comment. :confused:

So what are we going to get for Ebert?

Pick 28 seems a bit light for me. Could we get picks 28 and 33 for Ebert and pick 45?

It's still not great but gives us three picks between 23 and 33, an area of the draft where we seem quite adept at finding useful players. I know it's meant to be a weak draft, but surely we can still unearth some decent talent.

Or are we still hoping to use Ebert in a tjree-way trade that gets us Mitch Clark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back