Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why all these comments about the club being as weak as and we've got to stand firm? Have we all got our pitch forks and torches at the ready?

I mean you win some and you lose some. Darling at 26, for example, may be construed as a win. Even Gaff at 4 I consider a win, because GC could have left Bennell on the table for us to take. :p

The club will do it's best to get a reasonable and equitable trade, even though I agree Ebert's worh a mid teens pick, and they always have shown faith in the recruiters to get those mid range picks right. The world will not end if we only get 28 for Ebert, trust me, it'll keep revolving. :):thumbsu:

Why all these comments about the club being as weak as and we've got to stand firm? Have we all got our pitch forks and torches at the ready?

I mean you win some and you lose some. Darling at 26, for example, may be construed as a win. Even Gaff at 4 I consider a win, because GC could have left Bennell on the table for us to take. :p

The club will do it's best to get a reasonable and equitable trade, even though I agree Ebert's worh a mid teens pick, and they always have shown faith in the recruiters to get those mid range picks right. The world will not end if we only get 28 for Ebert, trust me, it'll keep revolving. :):thumbsu:

If we get less than that though? Surely it will stop then!!

I remember reading somewhere a little while back that we were very interested in obtaining Adam Carter through the mini draft. Maybe Koby to GWS is on the cards?

This is a pic of Carter btw. Does anyone know much about him?

Adam+Carter+AFL+U18+Championships+South+Australia+3SZ05u0jh99l.jpg

Absolutely quality kid too. Captain of School at Wesley College, not to mention a brilliant footballer, he has all the right to be arrogant, but he is one of the most humble kids I know.

I went to footy tour with the kid when I was Year 12 (he was Year 10), and have been able to watch his games for Wesley this year as I coach the 2s. He is phenomenal, made everything look easy. I will agree that he probably doesn't get huge possession numbers, but every disposal is quality, his skills both sides are awesome, ran middle distance at inters aths, and he has genuine footspeed.

I want us to pick him up, I doubt that we will get the chance, but I really hope we do :thumbsu:

Quick question.

What would you give up if you were trading for Ebert - i.e. he had played as he has to date for another club and indicated he wanted to come to West Coast.

Very good question. And one that is hard to answer.

But....

From what we have seen his kicking and decision making requires work but he has improved in those areas this year showing he is heading in the right direction.
Marking is reasonably good, seems to have a tank that allows him to play four quarters and likes to hunt the football.
Our midfield is young and he might find opportunities there in the future but we see him as a dangerous utility that will become an impact player on the ball in the position he plays.
From all accounts he is a well liked young man with leadership material. Though unlikely at the highest level, he would be more than suitable as a vice captain in the future.
Due to the shallow draft and the fact it is up in the year from the time we select we offer our first round pick of 23 a player we do not see being part of our future. If the club is not happy with this then maybe a swap of our seconds as well or possibly moving on one of our players to bring pick down to late teens. He would be another quality young player to move forward with.

However we are talking about here Port too, and to them he is just as valuable as he will play midfield as well as forward occasionally. Plus the fact as so many on here have pointed out his family ties will do nothing but spurn the kid on the become even better. They know this as well. Cousin Ebert got another contract. Funny that.

Ebert is worth anywhere between 14-22 especially in a compromised draft. We won't get that but that's what he is worth imo.

Quick question.

What would you give up if you were trading for Ebert - i.e. he had played as he has to date for another club and indicated he wanted to come to West Coast.

Not directed to me, but I would offer our pick 23 in this draft. Probably happily downgrade a later (3rd round) pick too.

If it was next year's draft though and our first rounder was, say pick 14, I wouldn't give that up. Pick 33 (or whatever our second rounder is), would be paying unders though. So, no doubt if it was next year we would be in the same position as Port.

I agree with you Swannie on alot but i don't agree with win some, lose some. We draft well because we pour money into our departments. Last year we should have had pick one so Darling if anything evened that out but that was by the sheer luck no one else selected him. This has nothing to do with luck as the fact every year players are walking out on our club and we are not being adequately compensated. How many on here were doing cartwheels about Dalziell? I didn't want Staker to go, did you? and for Dalziell? When have we exactly won on a trade in our favour? When have we poached a player home and not got the deal done swiftly and with both parties happy? Why should we allow other clubs to treat us with such contempt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're going to have to do a lot better than that lol.

Nah they're not. Pick 6 is overs. Pick 28 is unders, however by less than pick 6 is over. Pick 28 and Newton or an exchange of 2nd/3rd round picks is around where the deal will be done. Unless a third club comes in.

Daniher at Eagles: want "more than Port's currently offering" for Ebert #TradeWeek

Eagles N Daniher: No trade for Brad Ebert but confident Port will up its offer. Eagles just want pick. Not out of hunt for Clark. #tradeweek

At least we wont settle for just pick 28 :thumbsu:

I think Ebert is worth similar to Palmer, i.e. end of first round pick.

I think 28 is fair and equitable, 33 means we are getting less than market.

It makes no difference that this is a compromised draft, it is what it is and everyone in the draft bar GWS suffers for it, such as it was designed.

Of all our young mids I rated Ebert the highest risk because I just don't think he has the potential to develop into a quality player, he is average at most things and his best trait is probably his leadership which means nothing if he isnt best 22.

I would be happy to get 28 and reload. It is a perfect time to draft a couple of quick crumbing forwards/HFF that can kick goals with picks around that mark in this draft.

I'd probably have him between 5-10 in next years draft at this stage.

I couldn't rank him because SA and Victoria have some great talent in the 2012 draft. I would say he would have bypassed Gartlett, Taylor, Yarran by next years draft.

I saw on twitter Hams was mentioned as possible trade !

neal danier has said were getting closer to a deal for Brad ebert - which means absolutely shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back