Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC mini draft picks are auctioned by the end of the week (possibly Thurs?). No idea when it actually takes place but no club would be bidding without knowing which kid they wanted.

There is likely only to be 2 auctioned anyway with GC to get the 1st with pick 4.

Brad Dick is recovering from his secong knee reconstruction and has had two shoulder reconstructions , ... will probably come back to Perth but doubt his body can handle AFL now . Highly talented player though !

For the 2nd pick at GWS mini draft we would be looking at Dayle Garlett followed by Shannon taylor and Adam Carter , but I think all would be worth a go . However Collingwood offered up three players for Omeara and have missed out ( They must have been list cloggers ) , I think the whole process is too expensive for kids 18 months from being able to play .

Forget Dick. If he's leaving Collingwood he isn't going via a trade and we could snap him up (no pun intended) in 12 months. If we are looking for a small forward we should be going after Murrey Newman, he's quick and has superb skills especially by foot. At 180cm he isn't a midget like Neates and Broome.

Forget Dick. If he's leaving Collingwood he isn't going via a trade and we could snap him up (no pun intended) in 12 months. If we are looking for a small forward we should be going after Murrey Newman, he's quick and has superb skills especially by foot. At 180cm he isn't a midget like Neates and Broome.

This. :thumbsu:

Haven't heard a thing TradeDraft. Too be honest we have been preoccupied with Ebert, Sumich, talk of Harvey (thanks but no thanks) and Koby. If he wants a trade i doubt we will stand in his way. I just hope you guys can be amicable. :thumbsu:

Well I guess those are Bigger than the Trade of Stevenson;)

the whole of bigfooty is littered with koby stevens rumours...
apart from that brad sheppard tweet, is there any other indications or articles stating that he wants to leave?

ive heard of off season rumours but the main board has a 20 page thread on it from someone looking into a tweet!

What about pick 2 in the mini draft, are we in with a chance?

What would it cost?

What could we gain?

I don't see the point in trading for Pick 2 in the mini draft, you would have to give up almost as much as you would for Pick 1.

Garlett would be a great fit for us as a quick goal kicking midfielder/HFF, but would rather spend a little bit more and land O'Meara who will be a future star, no doubt.

Think Crouch will be the second pick en route to a Melbourne club or Adelaide will strike a deal to land Kennedy.

Still hoping we somehow get pick 1 but seems highly unlikely now that GWS have said they don't have room to trade mini picks for players, which I find very strange since they told Adelaide a month ago that they didn't want picks when approached re: Kennedy.

the whole of bigfooty is littered with koby stevens rumours...
apart from that brad sheppard tweet, is there any other indications or articles stating that he wants to leave?

ive heard of off season rumours but the main board has a 20 page thread on it from someone looking into a tweet!

There is nothing other than the facebook comment to suggest Koby Stevens is leaving

Seems like Leon Davis may still be keen to head home to WA according to the Hun and the Herald despite Collinwood offering him a 1 year contract

You would have to think the club may consider him as he could fill a role both forward and in defence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast will want Port's first-round draft pick for Ebert, who could walk to Alberton without compensation to the Eagles in the pre-season draft in December.

Granted, we probably wont get pick 6 for Ebert unless we throw something in but I'm glad that we're not going to just casually trade Ebert for pick 28.

The guy has upside.

Josh Hill for Eagles pick 61 could be a chance , the Eagles are interested in HIll with there third round pick .

On a side note Tony Micale to the Suns as a development Coach ,.....

I don't know where these Josh Hill rumors come from.

For a third rounder I won't complain but he won't crack our side and will be delsited within two seasons. Much rather keep Dalziell or even Wilson, that's how I rate JH.

Completely agree. It seems from the outside he has no motivation in him whatsoever. Has some nice attributes, but he's more style than substance imo.

Avoid, even if he's free.

Don't think we've got much of a tack record of trading for a wayward player to then turn him into the player we need.

In fact, we don't have a record of trading for wayward players at all do we?

Dalziell, Adkins, Rintoul, Cummings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back