Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

on AFL.com

All-Australian defender Leon Davis has been offered a one-year contract extension by the Magpies, but has returned home to Western Australia to consider his future.

Do you think he would be speaking to either us or freo or just deciding whether he wants to play two more years. Surely if that was the case you would just sign the contract. If you retire, so be it. No?
However if he hasn't signed it could be because he's waiting for them to trade a few players so he can get a few more dollars. But L.Davis on the cheap would be nice if he was considering coming back home.

I remember reading somewhere a little while back that we were very interested in obtaining Adam Carter through the mini draft. Maybe Koby to GWS is on the cards?

This is a pic of Carter btw. Does anyone know much about him?

Adam+Carter+AFL+U18+Championships+South+Australia+3SZ05u0jh99l.jpg

I would take Davis as long as it was not costly. Pies can't be expecting anything more then a 3rd rounder or a fringe player.

I know he is old but he is a All Australian from a great team.

Not fussed about Clark only wanted him if we lost Lynch.

No news on Ebert. I thought they would look to get this done early.

I would say any rumours about Stevens is dead. Being under contract gives us another year to pump games into him and make him happy. If he has inquired about a change and nothing comes of it it must mean he will get more game time next year.

Slow trade day.

Very Slow trade day but that's not a bad thing. I would like to think that we're keeping Port on it's toes so it finds another club to bring into the deal to better compensate us. Good to see so far we haven't rolled over and begged for a bone. Need to send a message this time round.

Very Slow trade day but that's not a bad thing. I would like to think that we're keeping Port on it's toes so it finds another club to bring into the deal to better compensate us. Good to see so far we haven't rolled over and begged for a bone. Need to send a message this time round.

Basically Port want him for nothing. May as well PSD him and they can fight with GWS/GC.

In such a weak draft even 28 is dodgy as. 33 or later is just about worthless.

Basically Port want him for nothing. May as well PSD him and they can fight with GWS/GC.

Surely something is better then nothing?

Surely something is better then nothing?

What exactly do you think we will get for 33? I mean seriously in a week draft?

On the other hand might actually show some of our players you just can't nominate one club and demand a trade to that club without a damn given to WC.

If Ebert had said South Australia, fine but mummy boy wants Port and Port only. Way to box the club in Ebert.

I kinda wish Woosh would call McKenna and ask him to publicly say that the GCS would take Ebert if he is available in the PSD.

Would make my day.

LOL. Yeah but it would come back to bite us in the arse. We just need to stand firm in regards to Ebert. He was a required player, someone we invested in greatly and though his stocks have fallen since drafted, his overall improvement this year was encouraging that he is becoming a very good player. Since his heart is with Port i have no problem with him nominating them. We weren't fooling anyone there, but Port still need to have the attitude that they will do everyhing they can to improve the offer where they can. Not a closed minded offer of take it or leave it. And maybe something is not better than nothing this time round. We still have plenty of talented youth we wish to retain. Just maybe sending a message that our club is not just content to develop talent just for other clubs to continually poach is worth whatever pick Port throws us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What exactly do you think we will get for 33? I mean seriously in a week draft?

On the other hand might actually show some of our players you just can't nominate one club and demand a trade to that club without a damn given to WC.

If Ebert had said South Australia, fine but mummy boy wants Port and Port only. Way to box the club in Ebert.

Can't blame him for nominating a club we are just unlucky that his contract has run out in a year that PA bottomed out. If they finished closer to 8 we would be getting there first rounder.

I would much rather 28 or 33 then letting him go to the PSD. Remember we can on trade picks and we could also pick up a handy player.

It'll be better than a pick in the 40's, which our 2nd rounder will be

Which player are we after at 33 who wouldn't last till 45? I mean we are just about going to do the minimum level of list changes.

Ebert has not done us any favors not sure why we should be bending over backwards to accommodate him.

Which player are we after at 33 who wouldn't last till 45? I mean we are just about going to do the minimum level of list changes.

Ebert has not done us any favors not sure why we should be bending over backwards to accommodate him.

Give bluey a call. All it would take is one little comment to the media about gold coast loving to take ebert in the psd and we'll get a lot more movement from port. The fact of the matter is it wouldnt be a lie either. Gold coast would happily pick him up for nothing if ebert was even mildly open to the idea.

People cannot claim that this year is so weak that there is not 40 players in the country not on AFL lists that have a chance of making it. That's just stupid. Any pick could be traded on to GWS to get a pre listed player that has been killing it in the WAFL this season that could add some pace to our team.

If we managed to get 28 and/or 33 from Port, I would say it would improve our list.

We need to send a message as an organization and business. We will not allow our players to be continually poached for less than adequate compensation. We need to take a firm stand against any such bully tactics by rival clubs, so we won't be perceived as a club that folds at the trade table and allows players to nominate a club and play hardball. Every player who thinks he is being treated unfairly will contemplate leaving because of little resistance shown in the past. We are not a ruthless organization and i don't want us to be, but i don't want us to be the club that cowers when other clubs flex their muscles. It sends the wrong message to the playing list, management, supporters, sponsors and rival clubs.

All depends on how many picks we intend to use, remember we must make three list changes and elevating Hams will be one most likely but that still leaves two picks to use.

Pick 28 or 33 is around where those smaller forwards usually go, Jeff Garlett went in the rookie draft remember.

But at the end of the day pick 33 is only 12 spots lower than our 2nd rounder 45, even pick 28 is only 17 spots better than we already have.

By accepting getting shafted by Port and accepting just pick28 or just 33 we really are only gaining 12 spots in a weak draft and basically say to everyone we are weak as p!ss at the draft table.

IMO it would be a better long term investment to simply burn Ebert and Port and send him into the PSD if they want to be tossers about it. Burn the trade bridge with Port and tell them don't come looking to us for any reasonable deals in the future.

A 15 spot upgrade in a weak draft for Ebert is a bad joke and no one is laughing.:thumbsdown:

We need to send a message as an organization and business. We will not allow our players to be continually poached for less than adequate compensation. We need to take a firm stand against any such bully tactics by rival clubs, so we won't be perceived as a club that folds at the trade table and allows players to nominate a club and play hardball. Every player who thinks he is being treated unfairly will contemplate leaving because of little resistance shown in the past. We are not a ruthless organization and i don't want us to be, but i don't want us to be the club that cowers when other clubs flex their muscles. It sends the wrong message to the playing list, management, supporters, sponsors and rival clubs.
Quick question.

What would you give up if you were trading for Ebert - i.e. he had played as he has to date for another club and indicated he wanted to come to West Coast.

I remember reading somewhere a little while back that we were very interested in obtaining Adam Carter through the mini draft. Maybe Koby to GWS is on the cards?

This is a pic of Carter btw. Does anyone know much about him?

Adam+Carter+AFL+U18+Championships+South+Australia+3SZ05u0jh99l.jpg

From what I've been told, he is a fantastic midfielder and a really great prospect. Got plenty of the footy as an underage player at the 18s this year, and will lead the WA 18s midfield next year.

I'd love for us to make a play for him if the reports I've heard turn out to be true.

Quick question.

What would you give up if you were trading for Ebert - i.e. he had played as he has to date for another club and indicated he wanted to come to West Coast.

In this draft? Low-mid 20s. If we picked up Ebert for 33 (especially if we possibly weren't even going to use that pick) I would be laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back