Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're both the same pace wise, Bradley is pretty explosive off the mark if I recall correctly from when I last saw him play (earlier this year), Stephen is probably the better kicker, Stephen can definitely kick further, but Bradley is still a good kick otherwise. Another difference would be Bradley's evasiveness compared to Stephen's, he (Brad) is a lot better than Stephen at dodging opponents and weaving his way past opponents.

Other than that they do pretty much play the same in all aspects, I'd still say Stephen is much better in general though.

Here's the response I got when asking about him. Be crazy not to consider him.

EDIT: regarding Brad Hill

Where has this Lycett talk come from?? Not Gossage again is it? Or another of those BF things that causes everyone to start throwing his name into trades because he is south australian and thats where Ebert is heading?

I'm so glad that some people on here dont decide on our trades. Hate to see what kind of team we would have left :D

Brad Hill (Brother of Stephen) apparantly ran a 16 Beep test
Any of you in the know WAFL watches rate him ?

I haven't, but clearly speed and endurance run in the family. Ability could too.

I remember when Sam Reid was coming through and people said 'he's similar to Ben but nowhere near as talented'...Something like that anyway. Sam goes alright too.

Re: West Coast after Mitch Clark

Not trying to sell Clark here (as obviously it doesn't matter whether or not people on BigFooty rate him) but IMO he will be a good forward in the future. Not great, will obviously never be as good as a Franklin, Brown, Riewoldt(s), Cloke, Kennedy, etc. But he'll be good for 30-40 goals a year I reckon. Has got the size and the athleticism to work up the ground, is obviously a very good backup ruck and has the leap to take a big screamer every now and then.

I know there's lots of "tall utility" players who show glimpses but never really put it together (Brennan, Staker at WCE are two examples) but IMO Clark will thrive once back in WA. Seems somewhat immature and I think will benefit from being back close to home. I won't suggest any potential trades as it tends to just make people angry but I get the feeling whichever one of Freo or West Coast get Clark will be very happy with him long term. Maybe even a scenario in which the fans are unhappy because they "overpaid" at the time (overpaid when you consider he's uncontracted) but, later on, look back and see that they got a bargain when he fulfills his sizable potential.

Seeing as there is a possibility (however slim you West Coast people may think it is) that Lycett might be involved in the trade, could someone tell me a bit about him? We need a backup ruck who can play forward (ie - a Clark replacement) so I'd be very interested in getting him to Brisbane. Can he play forward?

Mitch was also supposed to have Nathan covered in terms of talent.:eek:

Injuries, drive and luck definitely play a part.

If Brad has a harder edge than Stephen but lacks some of his class I doubt we would have trouble finding a spot for him.

Remember Stephen was a relatively late bloomer/rocketed up the draft order. Also spent time as a run with player before being drafted and probably exceeded all expectations once he was in the AFL system.

If Brad has great endurance, good pace, agility, a long kick and solid drive to succeed then he definitely has a heap of attributes that could help him make it at AFL level.

Adelaide. Lose K.Tippett Gain B.Ebert

Brisbane.Lose M.Clark Gain K.Tippett

West Coast Lose B.Ebert Gain M.Clark

Each club gets something fair for their club, each player gets to go home to their home state and worst case scenario it at least makes Port and Freo come to the table with fair compensation. This could turn out to be our best bet either way.

Seeing as there is a possibility (however slim you West Coast people may think it is) that Lycett might be involved in the trade

Sorry but how is this actually a possibility? I'd really like to know how his name has been thrown around. Just because someone on BF thought it was a great idea does not mean the club has even had it cross their mind. Lycett will NOT be traded. Who trades a first year player out?

Lycett is an amazing talent, the club knows this, us supporters know this. I would never trade out Lycett for Clark no matter how good people say he is

Lynch plays CHF and Clark isn't a forward in the slightest.

Really so Clark spending his season as a back up ruck and a forward player means what exactly.

Clark would be a massive upgrade on Lynch.

Geez there's some dreamers on here. Clark doesn't want to come to us and Voss wont do a deal that will allow it. He wants to go to the Dorkers and it will happen next week. In fact I'd be surprised if it hasn't all been arranged already.

Please elaborate where, when, how we are "supposedly" losing Lynch, and please elaborate how a forward rotation system across 8+ months of footy including both Lynch and Clark wouldn't work?

Lynch is uncontracted for next year. I was merely pointing out that IF Lynch left Clark would be a good replacement. I never said he was leaving.

Lynch and Clark in the same team would not work as we also have Kennedy and Darling with Cox and Naitanui rotating into the forward line. How top heavy would you like us to be.

If you are going to reply to a post like a flog try to understand it first.

IMO he's never shown much as a gun forward.

Never said he was a gun forward. Lynch hasn't been that for years anyway.

Clark is a better ruckmen then Lynch and a more talented player in general. Could improve massively as WC in the Lynch role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing as there is a possibility (however slim you West Coast people may think it is) that Lycett might be involved in the trade, could someone tell me a bit about him? We need a backup ruck who can play forward (ie - a Clark replacement) so I'd be very interested in getting him to Brisbane. Can he play forward?
Simple answer yes.

On exposed form (all of one AFL game) he seems very quick for a big guy. Also has a fairly good contested mark already. Maybe not as tall or big as some of the monster ruckmen going around (from memory, Hudson smashed him in center bounces) so he would be ideal as a FF/2nd ruck option.

West Coast fans don't want to give up Lycett, understandably, because in one quarter of football (vs. Bulldogs @ Etihad) he showed more than enough glimpses to be considered a viable option once Cox retires.

Again, one game of professional football, so take it as you will.

Nothing wrong with Hill if we get multiple picks around 23-33.

He's not as quick as his brother but he's stronger, gets more of the pill and is harder at the contest. Moves the same way as his brother and has a superior side step.

If he has good endurance to match his speed, agility and skill mix then he's a fine prospect and like his brother in need of time develop his overall game. Id hope he could bulk up a little bit more than Stephen, his lower centre of gravity and taste for contested football makes him potentially more well rounded than Stephen. Stephens endurance is below average.

Brad ended up scoring a 16.1 and Shane Nelson topped the kicking test scoring 29/30!

Just heard from a reliable source that FREO have offered pick 16 & z Clarke.
West coast have countered offered pick 23 & nic Nat

Brissy have agreed on the eagles offer.
No way.

Nic Nats recently developed rapping skills are of critical importance to our marketing department going forward.

IF and its a massive IF we were to get Clark then we do have options with Lycett and, dare I say it, Cox (who will be 31 during next season)...

I mean NN, Clark, Cox & Lycett is a pretty nice group but if we ended up with NN & Clark and replaced Cox & Lycett with, say, O'Meara and either Matera/Bennell (I realise that would require some skilled trading) surely we'd have to consider it?

I expect to be attacked re "loyalty" etc but just on raw player outcome, I'd be pretty happy starting next year with NN, Clark, Bennell and O'Meara* ...
We wouldn't trade Lycett.

You really need 3+ genuine ruck options on a list.

Lynch does not count, as he can only pinch hit there.

In fact I think we would be more likely to trade Lynch than Lycett.

Geez there's some dreamers on here. Clark doesn't want to come to us and Voss wont do a deal that will allow it. He wants to go to the Dorkers and it will happen next week. In fact I'd be surprised if it hasn't all been arranged already.
Do you have some facts to back up your speculation?

Clark is a good footballer and for a bloke his size is athletically very good but i dont want to create dis-harmony by playing him over Lynch or Darling.

One of either Darling or Lynch from the team that played in the preliminary final would need to make way.

Not interested in playing Darling as a midfielder. Maybe he can do stints through there but he was drafted as a tall forward. If it aint broke why fix it

IF this trade could did get up we might need to lose Callum Wilson as well for it to happen.

Adelaide get Ebert
Brisbane get Tippett and Callum Wilson
West Coast get Clark

Big Footy conjecture does not equal a possibility buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back