Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gws and our young guns

I believe that GWS can still sign uncontracted players next year. As both Gaff and Shuey have signed till the end of 2013 doesnt that put them in line to be poached. My apologies if i have this wrong. Crucial we keep our young mids away from GWS money wagon.

Gaff hasn't re-signed yet, but if he extends his contract to the end of 2013 then it would put him out of GWS's reach.

GWS can sign more uncontracted players next year, i.e. 2012. If players are contracted through 2013 then they're obviously not uncontracted in 2012.

Re: West Coast after Mitch Clark

Do you have some facts to back up your speculation?

Clark has told Voss that he wants to return to Perth and wants to play with Fremantle, Voss has given him an undertaking that he will do everything he possibly can to accede to his request.
By this time next week he will be a Fremantle player.

Clark has told Voss that he wants to return to Perth and wants to play with Fremantle, Voss has given him an undertaking that he will do everything he possibly can to accede to his request.
By this time next week he will be a Fremantle player.

Clark said he wanted to go to Freo as he believes he will not get much of an opportunity behind our other talls. If WCE have told him otherwise, then I would say he would be open to go to either clubs

^ there are only about 3 kicks (excluding his goals) that go forward in that video..... Not a bad thing, but I was under the impression (from wafl reports this year) that his kicking had got worse. Has it actually or is he just using it more often? Memories of 09 are blurry.

There's enough talent there though to refuse all trades and take the risk that he could be anything.

I think people overrated Swift a bit in 09. I remember him getting caught holding the ball a lot back then too. Was his 3 vote game against the woeful Richmond team that did it.

Lynch has been a permanent forward this year........You sure?

Well I did watch every game this year and Lynch played every game (bar one from suspension) and he played as a HFF/FF. He pinch hit in the ruck on one occasion when Cox went down injured half way through a match (and he did a fantatstic job, got us back in the game and was a stand out). So yeah i'm pretty sure he was played as a permanent forward.

So what if we go with that forward line in the wet?

Do I really need to answer this question for you? Well obviously if it's raining we can change our tactics, play some more smalls, tell whichever forward's down on form or injured (a choice which is another luxury afforded to a club with a deep tall forward line) "we are resting you this week for team structure sake's". Common sense really and is no different to any other game played on any other week with any side in the competition.

Nelson seems alot like Masten.
Maybe, I am not able to make a genuine comparison.

From the little I have seen of him he is quicker than Masten, a better kick and better goal sense.

Masten is better at winning the hardball, greater endurance (not that this has helped him much) and a much quicker set of hands.

Both are on the smallish side and as inside mids I can see this hurting Nelson far more till he develops.

In opposition to this Nelson seems to have a broader skillset and whilst being a fairly prolific ball winner he could probably play a HFF/more outside role to a greater degree of success than Masten seems capable of?

Would love to hear a rundown or comparison of the two players from someone like Swannies, Easternhills, Royal eagle etc.

If we lose Masten could he eventually play the same role?

On TEN Sport a month ago , it was shown that WCE were interested and talking to Murray Newman from SD . Now I have checked out Newman and evidently he severed a tendon in his arm and his footy career was nearly over , Newman has made a full recovery and has a second chance at AFL .

Newman is a small midfielder / forward who came to notice at SD in a colts game where he kicked six goals and then played WA U/18 and played 7 senior games for SD ,...... kicking 7.7 in 7 games .

Newman could go anywhere from 25 - 50 in the draft !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[YOUTUBE]wA4FewBR_Wc[/YOUTUBE]

Looks to clearly have lost both agility and power/speed since 2009, a likely side effect of having to bulk up. Will more than likely regain these attributes with time once he reaches optimal playing weight (hopefully he is just about there). Typical of a lot of young players, with the opposite occurring with older players who get to lose mass (but not strength) and improve their running ability.

That first goal he kicked and the change of pace was sublime. I think this year he was also down on confidence, with the above probably contributing. That's why players are often better year 1-2 and then really kick on after 4-5 years on an AFL list.

He looks a lot more confident in that video than he did this year. Hopefully he has a good preseason followed by a shuey like breakout year. Some of those kicks though :eek:.

Not surprised about Stevens if true...devastated of course... but not surprising.

He ain't getting a game ahead of Priddis for 2-3 years. His contemporaries (Scooter, Shuey, Gaff and Masten) are all ahead of him in the pecking order. If he can find better opportunities elsewhere to further his career, he should take it.

Hopefully his demands are more facilitating than Ebert's. :thumbsu:

But man.... if Ashley Smith puts in a trade request...

*explosion*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back