2011 Ladder Predictions - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

1.Collingwood-as much as i hate them they are a fair way ahead of the rest
2.Geelong-new coach will invigorate them
3.StKilda-one word, Reiwoldt
4.Fremantle-on the up will be hard to beat at home
5.Bulldogs-can see them sliding down but still comfortable finalists
6.Carlton-strong midfield but need more from defence and forward line to climb any higher
7.Adelaide-will bounce back after a horror 2010
8.Nth Melb-up and comers will pip a couple of others for last spot in the 8

9.Melbourne-will keep improving but not quite enoough for finals this year
10.Hawthorn-overrated.
11.Richmond- big improvers but nowhere near good enough for finals yet
12.Port-Can see them improving under Primus but lack of Key forwards will hurt them
13.Essendon-same as port. Wouldnt completely surprise if they were to sneak in the 8
14.Sydney-will slip without the messiah Paul Roos
15.West Coast-not as bad as the last 2!
16.Brisbane-Rebuilding time for the lions
17.Gold Coast-will struggle to win a game this year
not bad effort but sydney will finish higher 6-10 imo

St Kilda
Hawthorn
Bulldogs
Collingwood
Geelong
Adelaide
Fremantle
North Melbourne

Carlton
Melbourne
Sydney
Essendon
Port Adelaide
Richmond
West Coast
Brisbane
Gold Coast

Latest instalment of my power rankings are out - rather than tip the ladder I tip who is closest to the premiership:

http://www.sportsbuzz.com.au/?p=1059

However having a crack a 6th crack at the ladder since September I've come up with this:

1. Collingwood (1,1,1,1,1, no change)
2. St Kilda (2,2,2,2,2, no change)
3. Geelong (7,7,4,3,3, no change)
4. Western Bulldogs (4,3,3,4,4, no change)
5. Hawthorn (5,5,6,6,5, no change)
6. North Melbourne (8,10,8,7,6, no change)
7. Carlton (10,11,9,8,7, up one)
8. Fremantle (3,4,5,6,7, down one)
9. Sydney (12,9,11,10,9, up one)
10. Melbourne (6,6,7,9,10, down one)
11. Adelaide (11,8,10,11,11, no change)
12. Essendon (9,12,12,13,12, up one)
13. Gold Coast (15,13,13,12,13 down one)
14. Brisbane (17,17,17,16,14, no change)
15. Richmond (14,15,15,15,16, up one)
16. Port Adelaide (13,14,14,15,15, down one)
17. West Coast (16,16,16,17,17, no change)

Hawthorn
Collingwood
Fremantle
Melbourne
Adelaide
Bulldogs
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide

Geelong
Sydney
St. Kilda
Richmond
Carlton
Essendon
Brisbane
West Coast
Gold Coast

AFL Ladder Predictions in a nutshell:

1. I will exaggerate my team's chances either intentionally or subconsciously because its my team and regardless of where we are at I believe we are a genuine chance this year. I will be shot down by all and sundry who will state facts and figures as to why my team should not and will not finish here. I will retort with an inner belief that our time has come.

2. I put the team I most despise well below where they will logically finish because of my bias against them. I will then be shot down by supporters of said team and will make up some outlandish statement as to why I put them there. After the obligatory retort from supporters I will then get personal. This is where a mum joke may appear.

3. I will inadvertantly omit a side whilst placing another side in my ladder twice. Generally, this will be either North Melbourne or Port Adelaide. Not sure why, thats just how it happens.

4. I will mull over where to put Sydney.

5. I will search for ladder prediction thread at the end of season 2011 and get seriously frustrated that the thread has disappeared. After sifting through 65 pages of december/January/February threads I finally find it only to realise that I was waaaaaay out.

How True. One of the best posts I've ever read on bigfooty.:thumbsu:

Had a few changes of heart.

1) Collingwood
2) Hawthorn
3) W Bulldogs
4) Sydney
5) Geelong
6) Fremantle
7) Melbourne
8) Carlton

9) St Kilda
10) Port Adelaide
11) Adelaide
12) West Coast
13) North Melbourne
14) Richmond
15) Gold Coast
16) Essendon
17) Brisbane

1.Collingwood-best list in the comp
2.StKilda-Last chance to win a premiership
3.Hawthorn-Great depth and many star players will see them achieve well
4.Cats-Still good enough to make top 4 despite ablett leaving but will slide
5.Bulldogs-last year in the top 8 imo
6.Sydney-Always competitive
7.North-Great young list that will keep improving
8.Melbourne-Easy draw and an improving list will see us make the 8
9.Carlton-Not enough fire power up front and average down back but their midfield will carry them to here
10. Freo-They surpised last year by making the 8 but have injury issues and will drop out of the 8
11. Adelaide-have a decent list
12.Brisbane-Lost a lot of experience
13-Essendon-Will improve with hird on board but not by much
14--Port-No star players and a terrible forward line
15.Gold Coast-Their first year and will struggle
16.Richmond-Terrible list apart from JR,martin and deledio. Too many spuds
17.West Coast-Will get back 2 back spoons

My 2.2 cents worth GSTinc

By Round 12

Fremantle
Pies
Dogs
Saints
Cats
Hawks
Dees
Swans
Crows
Carlton
Suns
Lions
Port
Roos
Tigers
Eagles
Dons

After 24 rounds

Pies
Dockers
Cats
Saints
Dogs
Dees
Hawks
Lions
Carlton
Swans
Port
Tigers
North
Eagles
Crows
Dons
Suns

Grand Final Pies v Dockers
Winners - Collingwood

My 2.2 cents worth GSTinc

By Round 12

Fremantle
Pies
Dogs
Saints
Cats
Hawks
Dees
Swans
Crows
Carlton
Suns
Lions
Port
Roos
Tigers
Eagles
Dons

After 24 rounds

Pies
Dockers
Cats
Saints
Dees
Hawks
Lions
Carlton
Swans
Port
Dons
Tigers
Eagles
Crows
Dons
Suns

Grand Final Pies v Dockers
Winners - Collingwood

So North are going to Fold Mid Season :eek:

So North are going to Fold Mid Season :eek:

No you will merge with us, and drag us to the bottom of the ladder ;)

I didn't double check that too well.

Put you in at about 13th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is my thoughts on what the ladder will be. If any of us were able to predict the future then i am sure we would be getting perfect tipping comps (not just rounds) this was my best guess, based on the games that they play in and the form that I have seen, and in some cases, some personal bias. Do not rate Adelaide. Nothing personal, just an opinion.

How about suggesting why you think Adelaide deserve a higher spot instead of just attacking my judgement.

It is my thoughts on what the ladder will be. If any of us were able to predict the future then i am sure we would be getting perfect tipping comps (not just rounds) this was my best guess, based on the games that they play in and the form that I have seen, and in some cases, some personal bias. Do not rate Adelaide. Nothing personal, just an opinion.

Ok fair enough it's your opinion. I'd just like to know what you're basing it on.

How about suggesting why you think Adelaide deserve a higher spot instead of just attacking my judgement.

I was going to ask you the same thing as to why you think Adelaide will finish that low.

You've got us below Brisbane, Richmond & West Coast just to name a few, even though we finished above them last year with a severely depleted list due to injury.

You've got us at 15th despite never finishing lower than 13th in our history.

Just not sure what you're basing it on, but would like you hear your reasons.

And I don't accept "the form that I have seen" because I have no idea what you mean, and I truly hope you're not referring to our 40 minute NAB cup games. I'd also imagine that finishing 15th would mean we'd win about 4 or 5 matches going on previous years. So lets say we lose ALL our interstate games (never happened in AFC history) Out of our 11 games at AAMI, which 7 (again a record for home losses) would we lose? (I'll overlook the fact that over half these clubs have a worse than average records at AAMI)

Hawthorn
Fremantle
Port
St.Kilda
Gold Coast
Brisbane
West Coast
Sydney
Essendon
Geelong
Richmond

yeah I think because your from the Gold Coast, the sun has got to your head and your a little confused about what's really going to happen- Adelaide won't finish bottom 3, but you got right the fact West Coast is higher then your lot. Because we are, It's true, It's true, It's dam true.

Seriously guys - I don't care. I had a look at the fixture. Looked at who I thought would win what games and then placed them in that order to suggest my prediction. Some of them scored the same amount of wins so I just put them in how I felt. If you feel offended by someone you don't know thinking less of your team, then I hope you don't go to your interstate games too often.

You're very convincing. I have no trouble with people expressing their opinion. Numerous people in here have Adelaide anywhere between 4th-12th but they explain why they've put them there so I can understand their reasoning.

Just a heaps up, If you're going to put in a ladder prediction then be prepared to explain some of your placings if you get asked. :thumbsu:

1. Collingwood

2. Fremantle

3. Sydney

4. Geelong

5. Hawthorn

6. North Melbourne

7. Adelaide

8. Melbourne

9. St Kilda

10. Carlton

11. Western Bulldogs

12. Richmond

13. Essendon

14. Port Adelaide

15. Gold Coast

16. West Coast

17. Brisbane

Hope this does not offend anyone too much. Must admit I really have no idea from 4-11. All teams in that group I feel could finish anywhere within that region.

Interesting that you have tipped BOTH St Kilda and Western Bulldogs to slide so far. One could possibly go but even so I doubt it would be as far as to miss the finals completely, especially in our case as we have plenty of depth and some quality youngsters pushing through with some established players returning from injury.

Most Adelaide supporters probably wouldn't rate their side that good at this stage either, and North are in no way better than the Saints or Bulldogs at this stage.

1st-Collingwood -is a given
2nd-St Kilda - Running out of time to win there next premiere ship
3rd-Hawthorn-Hard to pick who to be third,hawks seemed to be the best option
4th-Carlton- Not being biased, going to have a big year
5th-Geelong-Starting to slip , but will linger for another year.
6th-Bulldogs-after 3 years of being top 4 they will slide
7th-fremantle-will not be as impressive as last season
8th sydney- are not as good as the 7 teams above.

9th Melbourne
10th Adelaide
11th Gold coast
12th Essendon
13th Port Adelaide
14th North Melbourne
15th Richmond
16th West coast
17th Brisbane Lions- Blame voss

1. Collingwood
2. St Kilda
3. Fremantle
4. Geelong
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Hawthorn
7. Sydney
8. Carlton
9. Melbourne
10. Port Adelaide
11. Adelaide
12. North Melbourne
13. Essendon
14. Richmond
15. West Coast
16. Gold Coast
17. Brisbane

Fremantle's probably the only team I'm going out on a limb with. It'll be interesting to see how they travel with an unfit (at least for a while) Barlow and without the services of Morabito.

Outside of that I'm not expecting many surprises this year.

1- Collingwood - are a good side, and as much as it pains me to say it, they'll probably finish the H&A on top, and are the team to beat
2- Hawthorn - Have underachieved since 2008, and with a fully fit list they can certainly challenge
3- St Kilda - Will still be up there, but are running out of time
4- Geelong - Will start to show sides of a slide in future years but will certainly be able to still challenge but are falling behind those above them
5- Sydney - Are starting to put a good side together who will be able to challenge in a few years but will have a decent year for now
6- Carlton - I'm expecting them to be up around here again this year, maybe even higher
7- Western Bulldogs - Their window is closing and have to hurry, but still might be able to finish top four, even though I put them 7th
8- Fremantle - I could also see Melbourne here, but don't think Fremantle will miss the eight

9- Melbourne - They will challenge the eight and in a couple of years will be a very good side
10- Adelaide - They will challenge the eight but I think the teams in the eight are marginally better
11- Essendon - Will be better than last year but don't know what to expect from Hird, but will go pretty well
12- Gold Coast - Will have a good first year, I don't think they'll make the eight but you never know
13- North Melbourne - I can see them them finishing around here, they still have to develop on and off field
14- Port Aadelaide - Don't seem to be going anywhere in recent years other than 2007, so need improvement
15- Richmond - Will start to be a better side, especially than last year, but still a couple of season away from challenging the eight
16- Brisbane -Brisbane may finish above where I put them, but Voss needs to develop his side especially after what he showed in 09
17- West Coast- Will probably win the spoon, were unlcuky to go bad in massive draft concession times

Teams from 13-17 I think can finish anywhere there
Teams 7-12 could finish anywhere in that region
Sydney and Carlton are about right, and Western Bulldogs could still go in the 4

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Ladder Predictions - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back