10. Carlton
11. Melbourne
12. Essendon
13. Richmond
14. Port Adelaide
15. Gold Coast
16. Brisbane
17. West Coast

Not having a go, cause I understand it, but I actually am surprised at the lack of knowledge of West Coast in some of these predictions.

I understand it though, there's plenty of teams I just do not give a shit about and thus have no idea where they'll end up, like North.

Yeah.

Comments like we dont have any improvement are just ignorant. It will come, the question is will it happen in 2011? Or under a new coach.

Pushing for premiership:
1.Collingwood
2.Hawthorn
3.Fremantle

Fighting for top 4:
4.Adelaide
5.Sydney
6.Western Bulldogs

Slipping into the 8:
7.Melbourne
8.Gold Coast
9.Geelong
10.North Melbourne

Making up the numbers:
11.St Kilda
12.Carlton
13.Essendon
14.Richmond
15.West Coast
16.Port Adelaide
17.Brisbane

I got a feeling the Suns will be alot more higher up than many have them. They have a strong team, with some of the best established players, and kids in the league, only question marks on how well they all will gel in their first year. But look at how the kids at Collingwood lifted our team - and the Demons draft picks too. The more i think of it, they will be top 8.

St.Kilda
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Geelong
Western Bulldogs
Carlton
Fremantle
Adelaide

Sydney
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Melbourne
Essendon
Brisbane
West Coast
Richmond
Gold Coast

the fact that you have your team second for no other aparant justification then bias show you have no cred. We (richmond) are clearly better than Brisbane, Essendon and West Coast

Pushing for premiership:
1.Collingwood
2.Hawthorn
3.Fremantle

Fighting for top 4:
4.Adelaide
5.Sydney
6.Western Bulldogs

Slipping into the 8:
7.Melbourne
8.Gold Coast
9.Geelong
10.North Melbourne

Making up the numbers:
11.St Kilda
12.Carlton
13.Essendon
14.Richmond
15.West Coast
16.Port Adelaide
17.Brisbane

I got a feeling the Suns will be alot more higher up than many have them. They have a strong team, with some of the best established players, and kids in the league, only question marks on how well they all will gel in their first year. But look at how the kids at Collingwood lifted our team - and the Demons draft picks too. The more i think of it, they will be top 8.

St Kilda at 11?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although it greatly annoys me, I can deal with some people placing the Swans outside the 8, or even just barely in the 8 (even though you're wrong) because I'm used to it, we get put there every season and we prove everybody wrong more often than not. And it's good when we have long odds because I make more money.

But something that has nothing to do with my team (so I'm not biased) is how Hawthorn, Fremantle and Adelaide are so overrated by so many people. Adelaide won't make the top 8, Fremantle isn't a top 4 team yet, and Hawthorn is the personfication of overrated.

I see some similarities between Sydney and Fremantle, except we're better. I'll bet anybody any money right now that Sydney will finish ahead of Fremantle on the ladder, and I wouldn't lose any sleep over the bet because it's that certain.

I'm putting $1000 dollars on Sydney making the top 4. Another $1000 each on Hawthorn and Fremantle not making the top 4 and Adelaide not making the top 8. I'll be rich.

1. Collingwood
2. St. Kilda
3. Geelong
4. Hawthorn
5. Carlton
6. Fremantle
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Richmond
9. North Melbourne
10. Melbourne
11. Essendon
12. Sydney
13. Adelaide
14. Gold Coast
15. Port Adelaide
16. West Coast
17. Brisbane

OK, I'll have a stab.
Pies still the team to beat until proven otherwise- by some margin too I'd suggest. Digging folks putting Freo right up there, we should improve on this year and hopefully we'll have a Collingwood style injury free season to help that.

Collingwood
St Kilda
Hawthorn
Freo
Geelong
Bulldogs
Adelaide
Sydney

Carlton
Melbourne
North
Gold Coast
Richmond
Essendon
Port
WCE

Brisbane

1. St. Kilda
2. Fremantle
3. Collingwood
4. Bulldogs
5. Hawks
6. Sydney
7. Geelong
8. Carlton
-----
9. Gold Coast
10. Adelaide
11. Melbourne
12. North Melbourne
13. Richmond
14. Port Adelaide
15. Brisbane
16. Essendon
17. West Coast

I'd understand this comment if our list was full of older players however its not. The amount of young players on our list atm would suggest there is plenty of room for improvement... Just my opinion though:)
If our 2 best mids stay on the field for the year thats improvement right there.

I hope everyone rights us off going into 2011. Much better to do it that way. Unlike the start of this year when everyone thought we would play finals.

the fact that you have your team second for no other aparant justification then bias show you have no cred. We (richmond) are clearly better than Brisbane, Essendon and West Coast

no you're not.

i really like where richmond are heading, but they are not currently [nor will they be in a few months] clearly better than any of those 3....possibly slightly better from time to time than one or two of them, but faaaar from clearly better.

gold coast will be last, the tiges may fin 15th or 16th

2012 will be richmond's year of significant improvement for mine.

1. Collingwood [for the next 2 years]

the rest, it doesn't matter, no chockies

I do hope that Micky Barlow recovers well and we get in the top 8. See how we go in the trade week and the draft and I'll get a clearer picture.

1 - COLLINGWOOD
2 - WESTERN BULLDOGS
3 - ST KILDA
4 - MELBOURNE
5 - GEELONG
6 - FREMANTLE
7 - HAWTHORN
8 - ADELAIDE

9 - North Melbourne
10 - Carlton
11 - Sydney
12 - Gold Coast
13 - Richmond
14 - Essendon
15 - West Coast
16 - Brisbane Lions
17 - Port Adelaide

Premiers - Collingwood easily. (Young side still improving and Malthouse will want Number 4 before he bows out).

1. Collingwood (Younger than the 'Baby Bombers' of 93. Window's well and truly open and it will be for a few years yet)
2. St. Kilda (Won't necessarily go away in a hurry)
3. Hawthorn (If they don't do well next year I'm giving up in believing they're a very good side. List still looks very solid on paper, if they get things right and go back to their unsociable ways I can see them being big contenders)
4. Geelong (Still a very good side)
5. Sydney (Fair bit to look forward to, they could easily finish anywhere from 5th to 8th but I really rate them TBH)
6. Carlton (Will still struggle to win that first final of theirs though)
7. Western Bulldogs (How many Prelims is it now? Window might be just about closed)
8. Fremantle (Might even win a final I dunno. They're good, but not as good as their fans hype them up to be)

9. Melbourne (Still a lot to look forward to, could easily slip inside the 8 by %)
10. North Melbourne (Very similar year to this year)
11. Adelaide (Read above)
12. Richmond (Will show signs, but still won't be any threat to the better sides)
13. Gold Coast (I've NFI what's going to happen here...)
14. Port Adelaide (Still a very weak side, should get as many games as possible into kids to set themselves up for a bright future)
15. West Coast (Read above)
16. Essendon (Not sure if Hirdy is aware how big this challenge will be)
17. Brisbane (Doesn't appear many want to be there at the moment... the side might look a bit different but I can't see much to look forward to)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back