10. North Melbourne
11. Adelaide
12. Port Adelaide
13. Gold Coast
14. Richmond
15. Essendon
16. Brisbane
17. West Coast

1. Collingwood - Will start slow, prompting cries of a hangover, but finish strong
  2. Geelong - Will thrive upon an easing of expectation
  3. Hawthorn - Will have better luck with injuries, a consistent structure, Hodge captaincy hailed as a masterstroke
  4. Fremantle - Will build upon the confidence gained from this year, and will manage list better
  5. Nth Melb - The surprise package for the year, form will fluctuate but will have either a great start or a strong finish
  6. St Kilda - Motivational issues, coupled with injuries to a few aging key players, will see Saints have a very poor start to the year, but pick up in the middle
  7. Carlton - A change of gameplan and another preseason into a young list will see a less brittle and more consistent blues
  8. Sydney - Will struggle with leadership exodus. Overperformed this year, 2011 will see them around eighth where they belong
  9. Footscray - Will go back to original name, but will very much appear a team past it's window
  10. Adelaide - Won't have as bad a run with injuries in 2011, will be very hard to beat at home, but will struggle away
  11. Melbourne - Will have a promising start, tailing off towards the end as young legs become fatigued
  12. Brisbane - A better run with injuries will see some better results
  13. Port - Squad will benefit from a change of approach, Primus will be an inspirational coach, but inconsistent
  14. Essendon - Will look a better list under less pressure. Hird will benefit from first-year coaches luck, with wins over good teams, but will struggle away, and lose some close ones
  15. Richmond - A similar year to 2010, maybe winning 1 more game
  16. West Coast - Worsfold won't last the season. Will appear competitive without winning too many games.
  17. Gold Coast - Probably won't win a single game in the first half of the season, may pick up a few in the second half as the team gels a little

Ah the annual thread where every second Essendon fan tips us for bottom despite being unable to beat us with Homer's Wonder Bat.

Port Adelaide have always been underrated and get very little press here in Melbourne. It's not just Dons fans that don't rate you

Don't know how anyone can seriously predict Sydney to miss the eight. Finished fifth this year in a 'rebuilding' year ffs and were smashed by injuries. Keep dreaming.

Don't know how anyone can seriously predict Sydney to miss the eight. Finished fifth this year in a 'rebuilding' year ffs and were smashed by injuries. Keep dreaming.

bullshit rebuilding year, btw there was very little seperating 5th and 8th

but sydney should still be top 6 next year

People think we're going to be running around like headless chickens without Roos and Kirk. They ignore the fact that Longmire has been there every step of the way learning how one of the best coaches of the decade does his thing. And ignoring the fact that Jack is a more talented version of Kirk.

Swans fans know better, we know our future is bright, let the ignorant masses be shocked when the time comes.

but sydney should still be top 6 next year

1. It was a rebuilding year, we happened to pull off the combo of winning the trade week and winning the draft so it didn't look like a rebuilding year.

2. There was 2 wins between us and 8th, that's the same amount of wins that separated us and St Kilda.

3. Predicting us for the top 6? Well that actually makes you more accurate than a lot of people in this thread. Just replace "6" with "4" and you'll be right on the mark.

1. It was a rebuilding year, we happened to pull off the combo of winning the trade week and winning the draft so it didn't look like a rebuilding year.

2. There was 2 wins between us and 8th, that's the same amount of wins that separated us and St Kilda.

3. Predicting us for the top 6? Well that actually makes you more accurate than a lot of people in this thread. Just replace "6" with "4" and you'll be right on the mark.

1. you may have had a intake of good youngsters, but that hardly constitutes a rebuild, as a melbourne supporter i know what a rebuild is, massive delistings at seasons end and emphasis on recruiting through the draft, sydney have not done either of these things ...... no??

2. So?? doesn't refute the fact that there were few points seperating 8 - 5

3. don't get ahead of yourself

1. you may have had a intake of good youngsters, but that hardly constitutes a rebuild, as a melbourne supporter i know what a rebuild is, massive delistings at seasons end and emphasis on recruiting through the draft, sydney have not done either of these things ...... no??

3. don't get ahead of yourself

Just because we rebuilt relatively painlessly doesn't mean we didn't do it at all. If you handle your list the right way you can go from one premiership window to another without spending years as a wooden spoon contender.

Just because we rebuilt relatively painlessly doesn't mean we didn't do it at all. If you handle your list the right way you can go from one premiership window to another without spending years as a wooden spoon contender.

indeed, and that was exactly how melbourne handled their list... poorly
but Swans have had not had a rebuild, a refresh perhaps

I would not call it an entire rebuild or a refresh.
It's something between that. While we haven't emptied out our playing list, we've changed our gameplan and brought in younger guys who stepped up.
I would be happy to make the 8, top 4? Yeah I'll believe it when I see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MrPresident said:
Predicting us for the top 6? Well that actually makes you more accurate than a lot of people in this thread. Just replace "6" with "4" and you'll be right on the mark.
:rolleyes:

Please dont make us look like tools, the majority of us Swans posters try to give off the image that our fans aren't d*ckheads, dont ruin that.

FWIW (at this stage) I'd be stoked with a home elim final next year - which I reckon we're more than capable of, but who really knows what's gonna happen.

But saying we're a monty for top four just reflects badly on all of us.

:rolleyes:

Please dont make us look like tools, the majority of us Swans posters try to give off the image that our fans aren't d*ckheads, dont ruin that.

FWIW (at this stage) I'd be stoked with a home elim final next year - which I reckon we're more than capable of, but who really knows what's gonna happen.

But saying we're a monty for top four just reflects badly on all of us.

There's a North Melbourne supporter (#451 on this thread) who is predicting us to come 2nd. So me predicting us to come 3rd-4th doesn't make me a "d*ckhead". As for a home elim, that would be par in my mind, with such a young core and no major loss beyond Kirk (who as much as I love him, has been replaced by more talented and productive players) I think we should improve on this year's position. And an improvement on 5th is top 4, I don't see how that makes me (or any other Swans supporter who thinks the same) a d*ckhead.

The fact is we came 5th this year with a series of major injuries to some key players. It isn't being delusional to think we can do better next year.

1. Collingwood
  2. Freamantle
  3. Hawthorn
  4. StKilda
  5. Geelong
  6. North Melbounre
  7. Carlton
  8. Melbourne
  9. Sydney
  10. Adelaide
  11. Western Bulldogs
  12. Port Adelaide
  13. West Coast
  14. Essendon
  15. Richmond
  16. Gold COast
  17. Brisbane Lions-

1. Collingwood
2. Fremantle
3. St. Kilda
4. Melbourne
5. Carlton
6. North Melbourne
7. Geelong
8. Hawks
-----
9. Sydney
10. Adelaide
11. Bulldogs
12. West Coast
13. Richmond
14. Port Adelaide
15. Essendon
16. Brisbane
17. Gold Coast

There's a North Melbourne supporter (#451 on this thread) who is predicting us to come 2nd. So me predicting us to come 3rd-4th doesn't make me a "d*ckhead". As for a home elim, that would be par in my mind, with such a young core and no major loss beyond Kirk (who as much as I love him, has been replaced by more talented and productive players) I think we should improve on this year's position. And an improvement on 5th is top 4, I don't see how that makes me (or any other Swans supporter who thinks the same) a d*ckhead.

The fact is we came 5th this year with a series of major injuries to some key players. It isn't being delusional to think we can do better next year.
I dont disagree with anything you just said, but there's a fine line between optimism & arrogance.

I never said delusional, cause if things go right it's quite possible that we could finish top four or better, but it's early October, being that confident this early can come back to bite you - and us - in the arse.

And I didnt say you were a d*ckhead, I said posters from other clubs would have that perception if they read that post & none of us Swans fans want the rep that some other clubs' supporters do on here.

So yeah, I agree with what your saying just not the way you said it.

Sorry for being a grump, I just dont like seeing arrogance this early in the piece :eek:

What, because Sydney didn't spend year down the bottom grubbing for picks it isn't a rebuild? We turned over 1000 games of experience, picked up players like Mumford, McGlynn and Kennedy who all performed brilliantly, got games into Jetta, Rohan, Reid and TDL and saw the emergence of Smith and Hannebery. What wasn't a rebuild about it?
Er....

And there was a game seperating 4th and 5th.

1.Collingwood- Just can't see them going backwards
2. Fremantle- Could be the new big thing ready to take Geelongs place.
3. St. Kilda- Think they will throw everything at 2011. Maybe last there last chance.
4. Geelong- Will wanna prove there more than just ablett. Dropping off towards the end of 2011
5. Hawthorn - Surely they can't fail again!
6. Carlton - Should be there abouts again.
Western Bulldogs - Same as above.
8. Melbourne - Put them above norf cas there my team. Think they will fight it out for 8th.
9. North Melbourne - above
10. Sydney - Someone will fall out of the top 8
11. Richmond - Will improve

12.Port Adelaide - Can't see them doing much in 2011

13.Adelaide - As above

14.Gold Coast - Will win a few
15. Essendon - Will struggle as Hird tests out who his going to keep an who gets delisted.
16. West Coast - Will continue to rebuild
17. Brisbane - Well they haven't really got any players left do they beside's the vossy's old crew.

1. HAWTHORN HAWKS
2. COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES
3. CARLTON BLUES
4. MELBOURNE DEMONS
5. SYDNEY SWANS
6. WESTERN BULLDOGS
7. ST KILDA SAINTS
8. ADELAIDE CROWS
9. Geelong Cats
10. Gold Coast Suns
11. Fremantle Dockers
12. Port Adelaide Power
13. North Melbourne Kangaroos
14. Brisbane Lions
15. Richmond Tigers
16. West Coast Eagles
17. Essendon Bombers

1. Collingwood (Undoubtledly the best team)
2. St Kilda (Goddard is Amazing)
3. Geelong (still have gun players)
4. Sydney (always seem to challenge top 4)
5. Hawthorn (need no injuries)
6. Fremantle (will continue to improve)
7. Port Adelaide (need some luck)
8. North Melbourne (Still lacking speed, but getting better)

9. Western Bulldogs (premiership window may have passed)
10. Adelaide (need fowards to fire)
11. Melbourne (young guns are still a bit young)
12. Carlton (no foward line and no back line)
13. Gold Coast (need a year of playing together)
14. Richmond (Got talent, need more depth)
15. Essendon (need to bottom out before, going back up top)
16. West Coast (best player is a small foward...)
17. Brisbane (paying for last years trading and draft mistakes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back