2011 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
7:north-underated young list that will improve with petrie, ziebell and anthony returning from injury plus cam richardson(get on him for dt)8:freo-exciting young list but i feel this year they over-achieved and this is where they belong

I don't understand how Nroth will improve, and we will go backwards. That bolded part describes Freo's young list pretty well too, more so than North because we're non-victorian. Hopefully we can over-achieve more in future ;)

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/dockers/7954103/beware-the-baby-dockers-lloyd/

To all the Fremantle fans out there. The general feel is that a lot of us are getting Wayyyy to overconfident. Seriously, it makes the supporters and club look cocky. We haven't won a premiership yet. Sure it's good to have an exciting list and an optimistic view on things. But keep a lid on it, and don't degrade other people's opinions if they don't have Freo in the top 4 or whatever like I see a lot of people doing.

Collingwood
Fremantle
St Kilda
Carlton
Adelaide
Melbourne
Hawthorn
Geelong

North Melbourne
Western
Sydney
Richmond
Brisbane
Essendon
Gold Coast
West Coast
Port Adelaide

Collingwood - Although their injury run is not as fantastic as 2010, their fantastic depth and team-first mentality wins them consecutive minor premierships.
Fremantle - Finish two games behind Collingwood, but are considered premiership favourites regardless.
Melbourne - At one point during the season, following a 5-game winning streak including a big win over Collingwood, Melbourne are considered premiership favourites.
Carlton - Finish the season on equal points to Melbourne but suffer a significantly worse percentage.
St Kilda - Continue to play dour, defensive football, but also continue to win games.
Adelaide - Leave many opposition supporters wondering how they just lost to a bunch of young players who they swear they've never heard of before.
Hawthorn - A late charge sees them sneak into the finals.
North Melbourne - Start the season strong, but their young midfield struggles to finish off the season with any sort of consistency.
---
Geelong - Struggle to put their best 22 on the park, appear only as a mere shadow of the once-mighty dynasty.
Western Bulldogs - Following a string of injuries to key midfielders, performances go from inexplicably mediocre to downright awful.
Richmond - End the season strongly, appear to be finals contenders for '12
Gold Coast - Predictably, struggle to find any sort of consistency as players become accustom to playing with one another.
Essendon - Despite his best efforts, Hird and his star-studded coaching panel cannot extract any consistent performances from the players.
Port Adelaide - As his honeymoon ends, Primus finds his team swiftly return to poor form.
Sydney - Gain much sympathy from opposition fans as they struggle to win any games.
Brisbane - After round 8, the media begins to question whether or not the appointment Voss is one of the greatest mistakes in the history of the AFL.
West Coast - Pressure from the media and supporters mounts following a 10-game losing streak and Worsfold is sacked.

pretty shit ladder, crap effort

Fremantle - look out if injury free, so many games in WA ensures this mob bags 16-18 wins

Collingwood - super coach, well rounded list, IMO should win another flag

St Kilda - Could very well slide but I think professional enough to stay up the top

Hawthorn - Seemed to have drafted for needs getting some leg speed into the club, wait and see approach but as far as list goes as good as any

Sydney - very well drilled side always guranteed to put in a good effort, maybe lack
x factor but if Goodes finds his best deep forward then damage could be done

Melbourne - Just imagine Jack Watts turns into a player and starts developing into
the key forward they crave... Well that's what I'm doing, I envisage him developing and kicking 60! They have everything else.

Geelong - on the slippery slide, will be competitive simply because they still posses very good footballers

Adelaide - Just don't see the Crows missing finals 2 years in a row, when was the last time this happen? Dangerfiels and Knights are x factors.

Bottom 8

Western Buldogs - ageing list with stale game plan that most clubs have gotten there head around. Think they need a shake up as this group has Been going a fair while now

North Melbourne - I like the Roos, good young talent but I feel as though there are a few sides better than them. Could very well get 8th

Carlton - Again in the same boat as North, could very well finish 8th but believe they lack a key fwd to really push the better sides.

Richmond - slowly improving, 2012 will
be the year the cubs make real
inroads

Port Adelaide - probably the most irrelevant club to everyone but the 20k port supporters, struggling to see them make an impact. Primus will be good though and has the respect of the playing group.

Essendon - alot of work for Hirdy and it will take some time but the bombers are on the right track

Gold Coast - there kids are amazing and with a really solid group of 23+ yr olds will more than hold there own in 2011

West Coast - Blah

Brisbane - seems like to much in house rubbish and a bit of a communist club under Vossy.

Some people need to realise this isn't Bay 13 and no club deserves to be called irrelevant or communist. Why can't people judge a team on their players and not a pre-conceived attitude towards them.

Some people need to realise this isn't Bay 13 and no club deserves to be called irrelevant or communist. Why can't people judge a team on their players and not a pre-conceived attitude towards them.

Who do you support? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Power Rankings Part 4 is out after the National Draft. For those not familiar see the quoted posts below - The Power Rankings are how I rate the team to win next year's premiership, while the following is my latest guess at the ladder.

Link to Power Rankings Part 4
URL: http://www.sportsbuzz.com.au/?p=835

Ladder:
1. Collingwood (1,1,1, no change)
2. St Kilda (2,2,2, no change)
3. Geelong (7,7,4, up one)
4. Western Bulldogs (4,3,3 down one)
5. Fremantle (3,4,5, no change)
6. Hawthorn (5,5,6, no change)
7. North Melbourne (8,10,8, up one)
8. Carlton (10,11,9, up one)

9. Melbourne (6,6,7, down two)
10. Sydney (12,9,11, up one)
11. Adelaide (11,8,10, down one)
12. Gold Coast (15,13,13, up one)
13. Essendon (9,12,12 down one)
14. Port Adelaide (13,14,14 down one)
15. Richmond (14,15,15, no change)
16. Brisbane (17,17,17 up one)
17. West Coast (16,16,16 down one)

After the fixture was released:

Power rankings PART III is out after the fixture release. For those not familiar see the quoted posts below - The Power Rankings are how I rate the team to win next year's premiership, while the following is my latest guess at the ladder.

Link to the Power Rankings Part III
URL: http://www.sportsbuzz.com.au/?p=776

Ladder:

1. Collingwood
2. St Kilda
3. Western Bulldogs
4. Geelong (up 3 from 7)
5. Fremantle (down 1 from 4)
6. Hawthorn (down 1 from 5)
7. Melbourne (down 1 from 6)
8. North Melbourne (up 2 from 10)

9. Carlton (up 2 from 11)
10. Adelaide (down 2 from 10)
11. Sydney (down 2 from 9)
12. Essendon (down 2 from 10)
13. Gold Coast
14. Port Adelaide
15. Richmond
16. West Coast
17. Brisbane

After trade week:

After trade week I've updated my power rankings (most likely to win next year's premiership) and also my ladder prediction.

Link to power rankings: http://www.sportsbuzz.com.au/?p=700

and updated ladder:

1. Collingwood
2. St Kilda
3. Western Bulldogs (up 1 from 4)
4. Fremantle (down 1 from 3)
5. Hawthorn
6. Melbourne
7. Geelong
8. Adelaide (up 3 from 11)

9. Sydney (up 3 from 12)
10. North Melbourne (down 2 from 8 )
11. Carlton (down 1 from 10)
12. Essendon (down 2 from 10)
13. Gold Coast (up 2 from 15)
14. Port Adelaide (down 1 from 13)
15. Richmond (down 1 from 14)
16. West Coast
17. Brisbane

Straight after the season ended:

However my first guess at the ladder is as follows:

1. Collingwood
2. St Kilda
3. Fremantle
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Hawthorn
6. Melbourne
7. Geelong
8. North Melbourne

9. Essendon
10. Carlton
11. Adelaide
12. Sydney
13. Port Adelaide
14. Richmond
15. Gold Coast
16. West Coast
17. Brisbane

Collingwood
Fremantle
Melbourne
Geelong
North Melbourne
Carlton
Hawthorn
Western Bulldogs
----
St Kilda
Port Adelaide
Sydney
Adelaide
Richmond
West Coast
Essendon
Gold Coast
Brisbane

I agree mate the main board is a disgrace really. If you actually discount the sarcasm and blatant trolling on B13 then it is quite often more sensible than the main board.

You could say the exact same thing about the main board or any board for that matter.

Instead of posting another thread and getting another red card (which was not fun, 7 days without posting on BigFooty kills), I think I'll just bump this 1000 post thread.

I've done 'Take 2' of my ladder predictions for 2011, and it's on here:

Link

If you read the first prediction, you would know who I’ve listed in the bottom five for 2011: Adelaide, Gold Coast, West Coast, Brisbane and Essendon from highest to lowest. Now, the rest of the bottom eight – including two teams that made the finals in 2010. Who's just missing out on the finals? Let's find out:

12. ...

We've got Adelaide, Gold Coast, West Coast, Brisbane and Essendon down so far, so who fills up the bottom eight?

without checking out the fixture properly:

Collingwood
Fremantle
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Geelong
Hawthorn

Sydney
Carlton
Adelaide
North Melbourne
Melbourne

Essendon
Richmond
Gold Coast
Brisbane Lions
Port Adelaide
West Coast

Not much seperating the teams in group 2- could all make the 8
also not a huge amount separating group 1- injuries will play a role- although I do think that the Pies and Freo will finish in the top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back