2011 NMFC Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne count their mcc members who pay about as much as a Collingwood 1 game member and MCC membership period is closed, so all their membership from that area is all front-loaded.

The number of members is meaningless, you want to compare membership revenue:members ratio to see how meaningless some membership figures are.

I tend to agree, although as someone else stated, perception can be a powerful tool.

I'm MCC, but I buy a full membership as a donation. The $50 membership counts (I think) to our total. Do North have a low threshold $50 type membership ?

Also, many Melbourne supporters get they're fees deducted monthly, which is a fantastic way of buying a membership. I haven't done it yet, and reckon the club is better off with the total up front, but some may find it an easy option. I reckon that many that currently don't buy one would if they thought of it. It greatly lessens any financial hardship.

Also, many Melbourne supporters get they're fees deducted monthly, which is a fantastic way of buying a membership. I haven't done it yet, and reckon the club is better off with the total up front, but some may find it an easy option. I reckon that many that currently don't buy one would if they thought of it. It greatly lessens any financial hardship.

Thats what our Troo Roo for life option is.

Painless.

Very true BLU (cue John Williamson) but it's heartening to know for a fact that the club has money banked in November for a change, rather than chasing their tail into the New Year trying to drum up some cash flow.

I wonder what effect the Family Day will have on the figures as well.

Should be very interesting. Going off the previous two years' figures, December 1-25 is usually our best period for membership sales.

I tend to agree, although as someone else stated, perception can be a powerful tool.

I'm MCC, but I buy a full membership as a donation. The $50 membership counts (I think) to our total. Do North have a low threshold $50 type membership ?

Don't take it the wrong way, I am happy for us to grow as a club but am not really interested in us boosting the numbers up just for the sake of boosting them up, ie Collingwood fighting a dick slapping contest with the Hawks.

If we somehow manage to pull off playing some games away from Melbourne it will significantly boost membership numbers. While that is a positive, I don't believe the numbers really mean a lot for comparison purposes.

We have only had 11 and 16 game memberships last year, we added a 3 game membership this year, i think it is around $80.

When I went to the footy this year I still noticed a lot of people queuing up for tickets.

I think before the end of June the club should target these non-members and offer to sell them a 3 game membership on the spot. It would also get more supporter detail on the database.

I still think a big potential market of new members are the supporters who for whatever reason typically do not go to many games and just purchase ticket at the gate.

When we start to pick up on-field we will encounter a big pool of supporters who probably haven't been to many games before.

safe to say we're not going to get 6000 members in two weeks

I believe Troo Roo packages are sent out today (so i assume finalised), would it be safe to assume that we will see a sudden jump in membership numbers.

Maybe Dino could shed some light on this? and if possible what kind of numbers are signed up to Troo Roo 4 Life.

I believe Troo Roo packages are sent out today (so i assume finalised), would it be safe to assume that we will see a sudden jump in membership numbers.

Maybe Dino could shed some light on this? and if possible what kind of numbers are signed up to Troo Roo 4 Life.

Also family day on the 11th I believe can only increase our total more over the next 2 weeks before the middle of December.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope it doesn't rain :/

Bigeasy's long range weather forecast is warm sunny day, light northerly, 27 degrees for Family Day. Bookmark it:thumbsu:

Bigeasy's long range membership forecast is strong buying leading up to and including Family Day with membership hitting 13,158 at the end of the day. Bookmark it.:thumbsu:

Bigeasy's really long range membership forecast is slow period during January hitting 16,254 at the end of the month, followed by a surge in late Feb and all of March hitting 27,528 by round 1. Membership ending at 31,665 by closing day. Um don't really bookmark this:eek:

Looking like we will break 15k by the end of December which would be great.

Unlikely, we would need to average 257 per day between now and christmas eve. Family Day should provide a nice boost but unless we have a 2007-like surge then I still believe 12k is a good target and result.

Unlikely, we would need to average 257 per day between now and christmas eve. Family Day should provide a nice boost but unless we have a 2007-like surge then I still believe 12k is a good target and result.

What is an achievable family day target? 1k? 2k?

Have Troo Roo's been processed yet? I refuse to believe that one of the days 200 members were added between 22nov and 1st dec were the only true roo memberships.

Have Troo Roo's been processed yet? I refuse to believe that one of the days 200 members were added between 22nov and 1st dec were the only true roo memberships.

The Troo Roo has me baffled too. The only logical outcome is if all last years troo roos were included at the start whether or not they continued their membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 NMFC Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back