2011 NMFC Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

troll crap deleted

No doubt when your card expires you'll spend ages whinging on the Melbourne board about sensitive we are.

Wonder how I'd go on your board if I pointed out you haven't won a flag since the pre-decimal era while we've won four?

And how Scully is going to GWS, rendering your shameful tanking void.

troll crap deleted

Jealous of what?

careyflag420-420x0.jpg

In every league in the world there is a club with the least amount of supporters.

In the AFL that club is us and it's just the way it is.

People have to get over it. We will never have as much support as a majority of the teams in the AFL.

I think we are doing very well compared to the years we saw pre 2008. People have to stop having unrealistic expectations and shouldn't be disappointed that we are behind other clubs in terms of membership. We are still doing very well for our standards.

I support these comments. We have a stable base of supporters, a great list, good leadership and a positive future. Once we see improvements with the stadium deals we will have a few more dollars in the kitty and less stress for the number crunches but for we fans, let's enjoy our positives!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our normal peak membership sale window is Jan-Mar. We typically reduce the gap in this window. Don't know why, that is just how it has been.

The only other time our membership sales have been this high or higher was the post GC fiasco year.

Melbourne count their mcc members who pay about as much as a Collingwood 1 game member and MCC membership period is closed, so all their membership from that area is all front-loaded.

The number of members is meaningless, you want to compare membership revenue:members ratio to see how meaningless some membership figures are.

Happy to wager whatever you like that that won't happen.

PM so we can organise the appropriate bank account and witnesses.:thumbsu:

Way to miss the point. I don't think he'll go.

My point is stickman came on here and trolled (as have you) but will no doubt whinge about his card.

If I trolled the Dees board, you'd card me. So I don't.

While membership revenue is obviously important, don't discount number of members as 'meaningless'. They affect perceptions, especially in the media and the further impact in the community. If we are seen to be poorly followed it has detrimental marketing impact, especially amongst those open to embracing us but influenced by our image (kids).

I think the bar has been set extremely high, especially after hearing what last years numbers at this point were. However we wont get anywhere if we dont continue to set the bar high even if its occasionally going to be out of reach.

I think the bar has been set extremely high, especially after hearing what last years numbers at this point were. However we wont get anywhere if we dont continue to set the bar high even if its occasionally going to be out of reach.
Good point DP. To be over 10,000 will be a good outcome, relative to last year, and the closer to 15,000, the better. We need to keep highlighting our growth and our typically late sign up period. AND more growth is needed to compete.

Good point DP. To be over 10,000 will be a good outcome, relative to last year, and the closer to 15,000, the better. We need to keep highlighting our growth and our typically late sign up period. AND more growth is needed to compete.

Exactly, the issue with the AFL at times is its far too focused on where clubs are at right now and little focus is given as what is being built towards and how the clubs have changed over a period of years.

Almost double last years 30/11 number of 4,589 :thumbsu:

What impact would Troo Roo for life be having on these results?

How many of those already signed up are NEW members?

It would be interesting to know the answers to these questions to get a real understanding of how well we are travelling compared to last year.

It would be interesting to know the answers to these questions to get a real understanding of how well we are travelling compared to last year.

Very true BLU (cue John Williamson) but it's heartening to know for a fact that the club has money banked in November for a change, rather than chasing their tail into the New Year trying to drum up some cash flow.

I wonder what effect the Family Day will have on the figures as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 NMFC Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back