2011 NMFC Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

carriegraf_narrowweb__300x468,0.jpg

No need for that sort of Carrie on Arden, but a picture with lines depicting member numbers would be nice.

I was almost positive that Social Club members were "guaranteed" a GF ticket. Not so this year. What the hell does priority 2 mean????????????? If they sell enough Corporate w***er tickets all Social Club members miss out? Please explain.

I was almost positive that Social Club members were "guaranteed" a GF ticket. Not so this year. What the hell does priority 2 mean????????????? If they sell enough Corporate w***er tickets all Social Club members miss out? Please explain.

I have the same query. I used to buy a Social Club membership as it guarantees a GF ticket. Now it is reduced to Priority 2.

Its a bit of a jump to purchase an Archer's Club membership, so does anyone know the likelyhood of obtaining a GF ticket with priority 2?

I have the same query. I used to buy a Social Club membership as it guarantees a GF ticket. Now it is reduced to Priority 2.

Its a bit of a jump to purchase an Archer's Club membership, so does anyone know the likelyhood of obtaining a GF ticket with priority 2?

More likely than us making the GF next year. :p

Unless we had more than 10k Schimma, Archer and Social club members then your odds would be fairly good.

Thanks Tas, I thought that might be the case.

Ive heard of some nightmare cases including some of my Saint's mates who lined up for 2days outside ticketek only to be told they can only buy tickets online.

When we make the GF (thinking 2013 or 2014), I want to rest easy knowing ill be there

Thanks Tas, I thought that might be the case.

Ive heard of some nightmare cases including some of my Saint's mates who lined up for 2days outside ticketek only to be told they can only buy tickets online.

When we make the GF (thinking 2013 or 2014), I want to rest easy knowing ill be there

Well, if we were in the top 4 for a few years and made the last year's grand final and had 40k members then you run the risk of missing out. But, you tend to have a few years of lead up warning when that is going to be the case.

You would think that you would be guaranteed of a GF ticket with a social club membership you would imagine unless we were to suddenly surge past 45k members or if we were a likely grand finalist from the previous year.

More likely than us making the GF next year. :p

Unless we had more than 10k Schimma, Archer and Social club members then your odds would be fairly good.

Not sure how correct your recommendation is Tas.
Let's say we have 30k gameday members, out of which, lest's say 7k are Shimma and Archer members. That's reasonble, isn't it?

How many tickets do you expect to be allocated to us for a 30k membership base by the AFL? I would have thought no more than 12-15k. If that were to be the case, we'd have 23k people apply for just 7k of GF tickets left. Not sure I would like my chances in that scenario.

I assume priority 2 means "the rest" or are there more lower priorities after that?

The way I understand it is that clubs participating in the GF are allocated approx 15K tickets for members.

Those tickets would be allocated according to the priority system:
1. Guaranteed access (Shimma and Archer)
2. Priority 2 (Social Club and Season Tickets and Level 1 Reserve Seat)
3. The rest

The questions, if anyone could help us out, is how many guaranteed access and priority 2 memberships do we usually sell? Does anyone have a breakdown?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I understand it is that clubs participating in the GF are allocated approx 15K tickets for members.

Those tickets would be allocated according to the priority system:
1. Guaranteed access (Shimma and Archer)
2. Priority 2 (Social Club and Season Tickets and Level 1 Reserve Seat)
3. The rest

The questions, if anyone could help us out, is how many guaranteed access and priority 2 memberships do we usually sell? Does anyone have a breakdown?

I believe it's:

Priority 1: Guaranteed Access (Shimma & Archer & Shinboner Spirit 50+yrs)
Priority 2: Social Club & Season Tickets & L1 Reserve & Shinboner Spirit Diamond (20-49yrs)
Priority 3: Shinboner Spirit Platinum (10-19yrs)
Leftovers: The Rest

Not sure how correct your recommendation is Tas.
Let's say we have 30k gameday members, out of which, lest's say 7k are Shimma and Archer members. That's reasonble, isn't it?

How many tickets do you expect to be allocated to us for a 30k membership base by the AFL? I would have thought no more than 12-15k. If that were to be the case, we'd have 23k people apply for just 7k of GF tickets left. Not sure I would like my chances in that scenario.

I assume priority 2 means "the rest" or are there more lower priorities after that?

I'd be surprised if it was as above the 3k mark for the two premium membership categories. There should be a fair few social club members though.

You have to remember a third of our members are not from Melbourne so not sure how many of those are going to invest in premium memberships when they don't have realistic access to games.

I have nfi how many the AFL would allocate us, but I think your ballpark figure sounds reasonable.

I would, at a guess, estimate 70% of our members are standard or below, 20% social and 10% premium. We don't really play at a stadium, have the fixture or the support level atm which forces people to upgrade.

On 30k members that would be 3k premium (guaranteed), 6k social (preference) and 21k standard or below.

If we had 12k allocation then premium and social would get a seats and about 3k of the standard would get seats.

If there was anticipation for a finals performances then you would find more would upgrade from standard to social and if you were up there for a while and the membership bandwagoned out to 40k you and you weren't a good chance of a seat even with social then premium membership categories would see a rapid growth.

A quick membership question for anyone able to answer. Last year I just purchased my membership (i.e. not a Troo Roo) but this year I want to sign up under the Troo-Roo program. Obviously I want to maintain my membership years recognition, so what's the easiest way to switch on to a Troo Roo program.

A quick membership question for anyone able to answer. Last year I just purchased my membership (i.e. not a Troo Roo) but this year I want to sign up under the Troo-Roo program. Obviously I want to maintain my membership years recognition, so what's the easiest way to switch on to a Troo Roo program.

I've had all sorts of memberships for the past 42 years and my "years as a member" figure has never shown more than 5 years AGC, so stuffed if I know mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 NMFC Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back