2011 NMFC Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

18,969 people like North Melbourne Facebook, I wonder how many of those have signed up?

18,969 people like North Melbourne Facebook, I wonder how many of those have signed up?

Yeah what's with that? Our membership cf. other clubs is already behind. Arrrrgh!! Why are we such a poorly supported club anyway? Sorry I'm just annoyed with all this stuff again and with all the tossers out there who get vacarious pleasure in sinking the boots into us! :mad:

With the 3 game membership you would think there is no excuse they could possibly use not to buy one. Even students who cried poor previously.
Just send them a message that says fill this form out and click reply. No links no bs. Fill the form out click reply. Quick. Painless. You have the user right at the point of sale when they open the message.

We should introduce a 1 game membership next year, like Collingwood, then I can buy 11 of those instead and we can all have a nice big meaningless number to feel proud of. :p

Can someone clarify for me whether they have changed the GF ticketing entitlement for Social Club this year, or has it always been Priority 2 rather than Priority 1?

We should introduce a 1 game membership next year, like Collingwood, then I can buy 11 of those instead and we can all have a nice big meaningless number to feel proud of. :p

What? you don't already do that with the 11 game memberships :p

No graph yet, as my data starts from the 1st December, so not much point yet.

However, we are tracking better than ever before.

These are my earliest recorded figures for each year:
2007-12-03: 4,509 (after DBH)
2008-12-04: 3,293
2009-12-02: 4,589 (first year with Troo Roo)
and now...
2010-11-16: 7,907!

I don't even recall us posting any membership numbers in October last year.
Nope, our membership campaign started late due to printing or mailout issues.

and now...
Interesting, thanks SS.

What were the corresponding figures for our target date of 15 Dec?

(Noting, of course, that these figures don't necessarily mean we've got 3K more members; just members signing up 'early' through Troo Roo etc.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting, thanks SS.

What were the corresponding figures for our target date of 15 Dec?

(Noting, of course, that these figures don't necessarily mean we've got 3K more members; just members signing up 'early' through Troo Roo etc.)
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought someone said the troo roo memberships dont renew until the 22/11, therefore would not be included in current figures.

and now...

Nope, our membership campaign started late due to printing or mailout issues.

That's it, SS. Tease us with the mere mention of a graph. We're like putty in your hands.:)

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought someone said the troo roo memberships dont renew until the 22/11, therefore would not be included in current figures.
Didn't see that, sorry. That surprises me, I confess, but great if troo.

tracking at 7958

I know the 15k was seen as overly optimistic by many, however if we can get to 11k or so by the end of the month it will be a sensational base to build on. I'm a big fan of the early sign ups (despite being notoriously late myself) I truly believe that big numbers early inspire others to join up.

I know the 15k was seen as overly optimistic by many, however if we can get to 11k or so by the end of the month it will be a sensational base to build on. I'm a big fan of the early sign ups (despite being notoriously late myself) I truly believe that big numbers early inspire others to join up.

I think 10k was a realistic number, anywhere between 10-12k would be optimistic given past history. 15k is unrealistic, but could probably get it if we convince a lot more who sign between Jan-Mar to sign early instead.

If we can get 10-12k pre christmas without it impacting Jan-Mar sales then we should comfortably cruise past 30k.

I think there is enough optimism in our list from this year that there is greater on-field expectation in 2011. Now if we had a couple of X-factor KPFs to excite people then I would assume that would draw a lot more people in. People like excitement more than they like winning. It is why people churn out to see guys like Franklin and Rioli play, even if their side blows in general.

Perhaps our club will look at a Darling or another exciting KPF type, could imagine Hansen, Black and another exciting player could be a huge boon for us membership-wise in the future.

Found my historical spreadsheet of earliest membership figures posted by the club:

2005: 21/12/04 6,555 (24,154)
2006: 21/12/05 5,718 (24,624)
2007: 19/12/06 4,287 (22,376)
2008: 03/12/07 4,509 (34,342) 21/12 13,419
2009: 03/12/08 2,840 (30,613) 22/12 7,437
2010: 02/12/09 4,256 (29,272) 22/12 10,009

I believe in 08 there was the effort to get to 10k before the AGM which accounted for the pretty big surge pre-christmas.

How about a 'Kanga Christmas' promotion of sorts?

All child memberships come in a christmas pack - like a north lunchbox, drink bottle, 2011 team poster, stickers & a plush kangaroo doll?

It could come in a blue box with wrapping like a gift basket, or such. Chuck an extra 10 bucks on the sticker price to cover the cost if needed.

I'm sure there's lots of parents out there willing to spend the cash at Christmas?

Thoughts?

How about a 'Kanga Christmas' promotion of sorts?

All child memberships come in a christmas pack - like a north lunchbox, drink bottle, 2011 team poster, stickers & a plush kangaroo doll?

It could come in a blue box with wrapping like a gift basket, or such. Chuck an extra 10 bucks on the sticker price to cover the cost if needed.

I'm sure there's lots of parents out there willing to spend the cash at Christmas?

Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea to me - for Christmas 2011 maybe. Email your idea to Chris Hunt - he's the merchandise manager at the RooShop. He's not a negative nellie and if the idea's got legs he'll develop it:

Chris.Hunt@kangaroos.com.au

I'm not sure about this either but I thought that all Troo Roo members were included at the start and those that have chosen to opt out will be removed on 22 November. Hope there aren't too many of them if that's the case!

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 NMFC Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back