2011 Rds 8-9 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 9 Trades

He is averaging 69.50. Will be lucky to make his break evens each week, so should I just say good bye now?

Can I ask why you wan tto trade out JRoo for?

Need Help!

Where do you see the holes!

Backline:

Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, Goddard, Heppell, Puopolo, Lower
(Jacobs, Toy, Hibberd)

Mids:

Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Redden, Bartel, Libba
(D. Swallow, I. Smith, Weller)

Forwards:

Pavlich, Chapman, N Riewoldt, J Riewoldt, Knights, Petrie, Krakouer
(Matera, Tapscott, Prestia)

No my question is where do you see the most holes?

My cash trade this week will be Matera > Lynch which will leave me with $185,900 in the bank.

Option for the Forward lines are

JRoo > Sylvia, Franklin, Goodes, ROK, Boomer

The reason I am not looking at trading Petrie is that I need that ruck link with Tippet so I can cash in on Z Smith later in the year. Knights I think is a keeper and Krakouer has some money left in him. Tapscott I want to use to trade for Mzungu next week.

Option for my Mids - Should I be looking at this over the holes in my Forwards and Backs, is it more important?

Swallow > Ablett

Options for my Backs

Lower > Enright, Suckling, Chaplin, Fisher

Shaw is just out of reach unless I do my forwards this week and backs next. But I would only have the option of upgrading JRoo for ROK, Goodes or Harvey. But if I do that Ablett may be out of reach.

I only have 16 trades left.

Downgrading Harris--> Smith

Then upgrading Conca ---> Boyd/Pendelbury/Selwood/Mundy/Ablett

Which premium midfielder should I get?

LOL Yeh I posted in both SC and DT Round 9 threads. Flame away but I thought there'd be more chance of getting some direction even though they're scored differently :)

OK, well in SC, DON'T trade him. DT is a terrible game, and I don't know what to do in that. Probably get Jordan Lewis and Andrew Carrazzo. *Shudder*

Downgrading Harris--> Smith

Then upgrading Conca ---> Boyd/Pendelbury/Selwood/Mundy/Ablett

Which premium midfielder should I get?

Out of those, this week, I'd get Selwood.

GAJ is on the bye, and I think Selwood's price is heading for the sky over the next few weeks.

I don't have him :(.

There are too many muppets on these boards floating up embarassing trade ideas.
Saying stupid things and trying to justify their stupidity.

trading a premium out for a midrage player and using the money to trade a rookie for another midrange is embarassingly stupid.

I'm gonna trade out Pavlich for Higgins and use the money to upgrade Hibberd to raph Clarke........

Gumblestar, I have the same dilemma, except it's mainly out of Swan/Mundy, as I already have Bartel and don't want heaps of Geelong players come finals.
I would take Selwood if you don't already have a Geelong premium mid in your team.

jrussell, have you also considered Gilbee? Yes he played forward this round, but might give him the confidence he needs to bounce back from his slow start, which will raise his scores. Just some food for thought.

My options:
1) Thompson -> Puopolo, Swallow -> Swan/Mundy.
Leaves me with 68 400k, then next week I can do Matera -> Lynch (a trade most will do) then Pittard -> Dal Santo/Pavlich - hopefully.

2) Matera -> I.Smith/Mzungu and Swallow -> Swan/Mundy.
Then do Tapscott -> Lynch and Pittard -> Dal Santo/Pavlich

3) Matera -> I.Smith and Tapscott -> Chapman

4) Swallow -> Hodge

5) Pitt -> Mzungu/I.Smith then Matera -> JRiewoldt/O'Keefe.

Liking 2 or 4.

Could someone please suggest which one they would do? thanks

Where's Hodge love in here. Looks like a no-brainer to bring him in this week to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have 2 options I'm thinking of:

Tapscott --> I. Smith (fwd)
Heppell --> Mundy (mid)

I get the feeling that Mundy will be the Swan of 2011, consistently scoring over 100 with the occasionaly 130+. Don't think Barlow's return will have much affect, as he'll take a while to hit full fitness after being out for so long with a broken leg. Bringing Smith in as a forward also allows me to bring Chappy (currently in my midfield) to my forward line (swap for Smith), which provides room for another gun Mid only player. The only problem with this is that I'm not happy about trading out Heppell, as he gives good MPP flexibility and could end up as a D7 keeper.

The second option is:
Swallow --> I. Smith (mid)
Harris --> Mundy (mid)

The best thing about this trade is that I get to keep Heppell, but will have to also keep Tapscott (seems to have peaked) as well as not having I. Smith up forward to swap for Chappy. However, this could work out well if Mzungu comes in sometime soon, as then I can trade him in as a forward and then use him to get Chappy into the forward line.

Thoughts?

Out of those, this week, I'd get Selwood.

GAJ is on the bye, and I think Selwood's price is heading for the sky over the next few weeks.

I don't have him :(.

Watching Selwood over the weekend convinced me. The guy, is obviously everywhere, including umpire's good books. He just get Free Fors. For no apparent reason, too. If my forwards kick as many goals as Selwood gets frees per game, I'd be laughing. I will cop both Bartel and Selwood in my midfield.

Watching Selwood over the weekend convinced me. The guy, is obviously everywhere, including umpire's good books. He just get Free Fors. For no apparent reason, too. If my forwards kick as many goals as Selwood gets frees per game, I'd be laughing. I will cop both Bartel and Selwood in my midfield.

Sorry because this is off-topic, but bullshit. Look at all his frees. All there, whether high or push in the back. Absolutely there.

Cannot go wrong with either Selwood or Mundy. I prefer Mundy due to no bye in finals.

My situation is this:
I would like to improve my backline. 19 trades $14K
Option 1:
Was thinking Lower to Puopolo or Hibberd and Thompson to Adcock. (cannot afford Shaw or Fisher) However Adcock is injury prone and is at max price.

Option 2:
Knights to I.Smith or Siposs then Lower or Thompson to Shaw or Fisher.
Concern is that I already have Swan, Pendles, Krakourer if I choose Shaw.
Fisher. I am worried he will not keep average up as St Kilda are struggling.

Option 3:
Wait on backs and upgrade mids.
Knights to I.Smith or Siposs and then Swallow or Harris to Mundy or Selwood.

Option 4:
Lower or Thompson to puopolo or Hibberd
Matera or Tapscott to ROK

Here is my team: Please comment and any suggestions would be appreciated.

B; Goddard, Lids, gibbs, Murphy, Suckling, Duigan, Lower (Thompson, Stanley, Buckley)
M: Swan, Pendles, Judd, Cross, D.Swallow, Heppell (Prestia, Bewick, Harris)
R: Sandi, Mumford (Smith, J.Tippett)
F: N.Roo, J.Roo, Franklin, Fyfe, Goodes, Darling, Krakourer (Tapscott, Matera, Knights)

He was good again on the weekend although he hobbled off and played most of the 2nd half injured. Hawks need to bring Rioli in for someone when he is available and Puopolo may be in the gun if he is not 100%. Having said that I have him and definately want him to keep playing. He has been good.
Thankyou for your reply QB:thumbsu:
There's been a fair bit of love for him over the last couple of weeks, but I think most people are making getting rid of matera and bringing in I.Smith more of a priority, Smith is a mpp so that helps.
True, but still, I reckon more to be gained by getting Paups.:thumbsu:
BTW thanks for the reply. :)
There are too many muppets on these boards floating up embarassing trade ideas.
Saying stupid things and trying to justify their stupidity.

trading a premium out for a midrage player and using the money to trade a rookie for another midrange is embarassingly stupid.

I'm gonna trade out Pavlich for Higgins and use the money to upgrade Hibberd to raph Clarke........
Good on you. Now **** off from this board. Thanks.:spade:

Cannot go wrong with either Selwood or Mundy. I prefer Mundy due to no bye in finals.

My situation is this:
I would like to improve my backline. 19 trades $14K
Option 1:
Was thinking Lower to Puopolo or Hibberd and Thompson to Adcock. (cannot afford Shaw or Fisher) However Adcock is injury prone and is at max price.

Option 2:
Knights to I.Smith or Siposs then Lower or Thompson to Shaw or Fisher.
Concern is that I already have Swan, Pendles, Krakourer if I choose Shaw.
Fisher. I am worried he will not keep average up as St Kilda are struggling.

Option 3:
Wait on backs and upgrade mids.
Knights to I.Smith or Siposs and then Swallow or Harris to Mundy or Selwood.

Option 4:
Lower or Thompson to puopolo or Hibberd
Matera or Tapscott to ROK

Here is my team: Please comment and any suggestions would be appreciated.

B; Goddard, Lids, gibbs, Murphy, Suckling, Duigan, Lower (Thompson, Stanley, Buckley)
M: Swan, Pendles, Judd, Cross, D.Swallow, Heppell (Prestia, Bewick, Harris)
R: Sandi, Mumford (Smith, J.Tippett)
F: N.Roo, J.Roo, Franklin, Fyfe, Goodes, Darling, Krakourer (Tapscott, Matera, Knights)

Looks like you are quite even across the board with two rookies on each line. Don't like the Puopolo downgrade but could be wrong. Adcock is showing enough to bring in but we all know he is a risk. I've taken it with Higgins so learnt my lesson there.

I like the Knights to I Smith option the best. Then Thompson to Shaw. There are lots of options when upgrading mids/fwds...but very few with the backs. I'd lock Shaw in before his price escapes you.

I'd wait one more week on the Selwood deal but would def get him in the following week. I'm hoping he fails against the blues who may be able to catch the cats unprepared after last weeks blockbuster. Means his score might not be soo high...famous last words!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back