2011 Rds 8-9 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 9 Trades

what are peoples thoughts on Sucking as a backline upgrade/keepr?

Most people are having dramas with the backline - most starting with a combination of Gibbs, Delidio, Goddard, Newman, Broughton etc.

Is he has good as anyone else as a keeper? Adcock is there, but surely his body will make you sweat the rest of the season. Fisher is averaging great, but I worry about the approach St. Kilda will take for the rest of the season, resting senior players, playing more kids etc. He should still be safe.

Suckling would be a point of difference, has great JS, is a peach of a kick so will be used, averaging over 100 with a BE of 16, only the 1 bye left and not in finals...any arguments against getting him? And getting him now?

The only reasons not to get him would be uncertainty about his scoring consistency (limited historical form line to go by) and the fact he missed a game last week with an injury. I am also contemplating bringing in Suckling as he is still underpriced for his average and has no league finals bye.

There are too many muppets on these boards floating up embarassing trade ideas.
Saying stupid things and trying to justify their stupidity.

trading a premium out for a midrage player and using the money to trade a rookie for another midrange is embarassingly stupid.

I'm gonna trade out Pavlich for Higgins and use the money to upgrade Hibberd to raph Clarke........

was this a joke ? the pav bit? :confused: hope so or you are the muppet

He was good again on the weekend although he hobbled off and played most of the 2nd half injured. Hawks need to bring Rioli in for someone when he is available and Puopolo may be in the gun if he is not 100%. Having said that I have him and definately want him to keep playing. He has been good.

I thought it was I.Smith's JS that was the worry due to Rioli, not Puopolo??

Matera > Lynch
Toy > Suckling

$120,800 left.

Want Suckling while he's still somewhat cheap.
Interesting choice to bring in Lynch this week when he has a bye and probably 2-3 training sessions ahead of him before GC's next game. Could pay off i suppose but it's a bit of a risk for an expensiveish rookie. Not sure if there's a lot of other options though and I'm assuming Lynch will be a benchy?

170k in the bank

Matera > Rookie
Toy > Enright

Next week i'll hold while a couple of price changes happen, then

Z.Smith > Bailey/Vardy
Swallow/Harris/Tapscott > Chapman
Do you have Petrie in your fwds and Tippett as well? Smith although becoming a fantastic cow, i think he serves as perfect cover for both Cox Sandi who are prone to taking games off at some stage of the year. If you had other cows you could move on, i think i'd prefer to do that.

I'm stuck between deciding between Boyd and Pendles. Pendles with Swan means i'm 2 short in the mids come Collingwood bye but he of course plays for Collingwood. Boyd has never been a great sc'er and has been more of a weight of numbers kind of prospect (Dane Swan mk ii anyone?) but even on weight of numbers he's blitzing it so far.

The only differences in their draw is Coll play saints and lions, whereas dogs play west coast and hawks, the rest are the same. Pies bye is round 13, dogs round 20 the week before finals start.

Pretty tough decision i think, Boyd has less owners but having Pendles means if one of he or Swan miss, the other generally fires. Thoughts?

Atm this is my side, a couple of issues thru the whole team but unless injuries occur id like to move these problems out over the weeks.

backs - Deledio Gibbs Rawlings Hibberd
SMartin Broughton Lower int - Hurley Toy Otten

mids - Swan Boyd Cotchin ASwallow
Selwood Atley int - DSwallow Harris MWallis

rucks - Sandilands Smith int - Jolly Derickx

forwards - Frankin Goodes Darling Higgins int - tapscott ismith prestia
NRiewoldt Petrie AKrak

My main issue is what to do w the boys highlighted in italic bks Broughton, lower otten mids Atley...if there are others some constructive advice would be very handy- Have 20 trades 14,600k in salary cap. Was looking at Broughton/Atley out this week but for who ?

Atm this is my side, a couple of issues thru the whole team but unless injuries occur id like to move these problems out over the weeks.

backs - Deledio Gibbs Rawlings Hibberd
SMartin Broughton Lower int - Hurley Toy Otten

mids - Swan Boyd Cotchin ASwallow
Selwood Atley int - DSwallow Harris MWallis

rucks - Sandilands Smith int - Jolly Derickx

forwards - Frankin Goodes Darling Higgins int - tapscott ismith prestia
NRiewoldt Petrie AKrak

My main issue is what to do w the boys highlighted in italic bks Broughton, lower otten mids Atley...if there are others some constructive advice would be very handy- Have 20 trades 14,600k in salary cap. Was looking at Broughton/Atley out this week but for who ?

Shaw should be your first target. find the funds somehow using your rookies before he says goodbye high 400s and hello low 500s!

I thought it was I.Smith's JS that was the worry due to Rioli, not Puopolo??

Cannot imagine Isaac Smith not getting a game - supporters will burn the place down. Smith is playing wing and is basically in Young's spot. Puopolo moved to the defensive forward role when injured on the weekend and Cyril will be playing forward according to the club from here on so seems an obvious swap if Puopolo is not right. Whitecross will take the backline spot vacated by Puopolo.

Whoever misses will be unlucky. Extremely unlikely it will be Smith.

What do people think of trading out Duffield for Suckling? Duffield has scored no where near what I thought he would and think he has to go. Pretty much the same price so do people think its worth using a trade on?

Do you have Petrie in your fwds and Tippett as well? Smith although becoming a fantastic cow, i think he serves as perfect cover for both Cox Sandi who are prone to taking games off at some stage of the year. If you had other cows you could move on, i think i'd prefer to do that.

Yeah i've got the Petrie/Tippett MPP setup. My other cows that have generated some cash are Krak, Stanley, Lower, Swallow, Harris, Libba, Tapscott. Also on the bench is Jacobs and I.Smith.

On your Boyd vs Pendles issue i think as long as you have some MPP so you can bring cover 2 out from one line then go for Pendles, nothing wrong with Boyd though.

What's people's take on frawley, given grimes absence? Melbourne's next couple weeks is tough, so naturally the ball will be around his vicinity, a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would any of you bother trading out Z.Smith to a cheap rookie if you had the MPP between Petrie/Tippett? Not that i am thinking of doing it, but seems like Z.Smith has made quite a lot of cash and it would be quite handy for people to use that money for upgrades whilst still having the option of using Petrie as a reserve to cover byes and injuries to the starting 2 rucks

For me, I have Franklin and Rioli already in my forward line, was going to downgrade Matera to I.Smith and eventually switch him to the middle for Chapman after GCS bye. Just wondering if his job security would still be ok considering the impending return of Rioli or should i go with Mzungu if he is named so i don't have as many Hawks laying around.

edit: Sorry wasn't reading previous posts.

Cannot imagine Isaac Smith not getting a game - supporters will burn the place down. Smith is playing wing and is basically in Young's spot. Puopolo moved to the defensive forward role when injured on the weekend and Cyril will be playing forward according to the club from here on so seems an obvious swap if Puopolo is not right. Whitecross will take the backline spot vacated by Puopolo.

Whoever misses will be unlucky. Extremely unlikely it will be Smith.

Fair call, going to be interesting when the teams are released. Might end up getting I.Smith in after all.

Gonna trade down Pittard to Smith, then upgrade D.Swallow to a premium. But which premium?

Narrowed down to Mundy/Pendlebury/Selwood (not sure with the bye)/Priddis (unique). Any ideas?

Would any of you bother trading out Z.Smith to a cheap rookie if you had the MPP between Petrie/Tippett?

Yep. With Smith's BE -6, that downgrade looks to be a month away at least.

Hopefully some ruck rookie kid is on the bubble then and it will be a nice $275k+ to the kitty.

If not, ill just pick some random 91,700 kid

Yep. With Smith's BE -6, that downgrade looks to be a month away at least.

Hopefully some ruck rookie kid is on the bubble then and it will be a nice $275k+ to the kitty.

If not, ill just pick some random 91,700 kid

Fair call. Could be something worth considering, although i have all my trades sort of planned out, although it could change if i fall a couple of k short of a premium i'm after using different players. Would also depend on if Petrie would have suitable replacement to take the field in the fwds, although there should be extra options if there is MPP between mid/fwd available also.

I've got plenty of Mid/Fwd MPP and Petrie is on my bench anyway. By rd 14, I don't expect Petrie to be taking the field at any time, save for a few injuries or the rd 15/16 byes.

If anyone is looking for a downgrade for Smith I suggest people have a look at Derickx, just came back from an injury and has played 3 games in the 2s and considering Richmond's ruck situation and Dimma going on record saying that if not for injury he would of played from the start I think he would be a good downgrade option.

Will get plenty of game time this year, most likely will be brought in after the Bye.

And judging by what we have seen so far from him during the NAB cup and videos of him in the WAFL he's a very agile Ruck can take a big grab excellent leap, good below the knees has excellent skills for a guy his size and knows how to kick a goal or 2.

Could see him getting some pretty decent scores when he gets his shot at it.

Gonna trade down Pittard to Smith, then upgrade D.Swallow to a premium. But which premium?

Narrowed down to Mundy/Pendlebury/Selwood (not sure with the bye)/Priddis (unique). Any ideas?

I'm in the same shoes...For you I'd go Pendles/Selwood...

I have idea who to pick as my final midfield...currently:

Swan, Pendles, Judd, Selwood, Montagna:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: and

Hodge (perfect price, but I'm scared of injury prone, and might play out of SC position)
Boyd (too pricey for my budget)
M.Murphy (have Judd, Gibbs)
Ablett (yes he just scored a monster against Crows, will GC rest him year in if his injury plays up)

Unlikely - Fyfe/Mundy/Cross/Watson/lolRicho:D/NDS/Bartel

Absolutely lost with this....might just upgrade backman and think next week...lol

Interesting choice to bring in Lynch this week when he has a bye and probably 2-3 training sessions ahead of him before GC's next game. Could pay off i suppose but it's a bit of a risk for an expensiveish rookie. Not sure if there's a lot of other options though and I'm assuming Lynch will be a benchy?

Lynch will be another cash cow who could potentially be a F7 if he maintains his average. Only $138k so not number one draft pick expensive, but there's nobody else to downgrade Matera too, as I have Smith.

I have enough ($160k) money to go McKernan > Suckling but I don't want to grab Lynch when he's $180k and higher. There's a lack of rookies around, too, so I reckon if you can get one, then get one.

I'm in the same shoes...For you I'd go Pendles/Selwood...

I have idea who to pick as my final midfield...currently:

Swan, Pendles, Judd, Selwood, Montagna:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: and

Hodge (perfect price, but I'm scared of injury prone, and might play out of SC position)
Boyd (too pricey for my budget)
M.Murphy (have Judd, Gibbs)
Ablett (yes he just scored a monster against Crows, will GC rest him year in if his injury plays up)

Unlikely - Fyfe/Mundy/Cross/Watson/lolRicho:D/NDS/Bartel

Absolutely lost with this....might just upgrade backman and think next week...lol

No thoughts of Priddis mate?

Priddis is good and is doing very well this year, but if I got him it would be from the start..but at his price, I'd choose Boyd/Ablett

If this is an upgrade after next week, I would get Ablett. No byes mean an extra round of scoring over everybody else, and if you got say Murphy, then you would be hit hard in round 13-Coll bye and round 23-Carl bye, with 2 gun midfielders out plus forwards/defenders I assume.

Mundy as well you should look at.

My options:
1) Thompson -> Puopolo, Swallow -> Swan/Mundy.
Leaves me with 68 400k, then next week I can do Matera -> Lynch (a trade most will do) then Pittard -> Dal Santo/Pavlich - hopefully.

2) Matera -> I.Smith/Mzungu and Swallow -> Swan/Mundy.
Then do Tapscott -> Lynch and Pittard -> Dal Santo/Pavlich

4) Swallow -> Hodge

Leaning towards 2 or 3

Could someone please suggest which one they would do? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back