Re: Round 9 Trades

Ive got 166k in the bank.

This week im going

Lower-> suckling
Matera-> lynch

next week

Swallow-> ablett

leaving me a midfield of

Swan, Judd, Mundy, Goddard, Ablett, Foley. (krackeour, libba, jacobs)

Anyone talk me out of this? is Ablett back now????

why would you bring lynch in this week? he has 8 days to get injured??

Who should I upgrade to H.Shaw?

L.Thompson or Lower?

L.Thompson -

Pros - Won't get subbed
Cons - Not as capable as capable of big scores like Lower

Lower -

Pros - Plays midfield so more capable of bigger scores
Cons - Gets subbed off alot

Thoughts? :confused:

I have the same predicament. In watching a few freo games, it seems that if Lower gets a good start, he stays on, otherwise he gets subbed. I haven't been overly impressed with Thompson, but with a few Freo players (x2 defensivley, x 1 midfield, x1 fwd), I'm inclined to take my chances with Thompson for a few more weeks and trade Lower sooner rather than later.

thinking of trading matera to the cheapest ruck /fwd in order to bring Petrie off my ruck bench and into F7 is this a waste of a trade? I already have cover for Sandi and Cox (Z. Smith) in the rucks so Petrie is wasted where he is but he is only averaging just under 90...It will give $150k + to play with for later trades though.

L.Thompson or Lower?

L.Thompson -

Pros - Won't get subbed

Lower -

How many times subbed for Lower? I thought it was only last week? Or maybe round 2 as well...****en annoying though that's for sure. I'm keeping him for another week or two but he'll be making way for a prem back in 2 rounds.

L.Thompson or Lower?

L.Thompson -

Pros - Won't get subbed

Lower -

thompson - with all the injuries at freo lower's JS should.... be higher

How many times subbed for Lower? I thought it was only last week? Or maybe round 2 as well...****en annoying though that's for sure. I'm keeping him for another week or two but he'll be making way for a prem back in 2 rounds.

Subbed off twice, both in the third quarter after poor first three quarters (in his two sub-50 score games)

Two subs and one dropped. The annoying thing is he'd almost definitely hit his BE if he plays a full game - none of his full game scores have been less than 80 - but if he gets subbed off two weeks in a row you can kiss any money making from him goodbye for a good two or three weeks longer.

I'm leaning towards upgrading him to Newman and Darling to Goodes to make hay while the sun shines. I'm a sucker for a cheap premium.

Could someone please briefly explain the rolling three-round average and breakeven? The three-round average doesn't exactly equal the breakeven does it? Thanks.

Could someone please briefly explain the rolling three-round average and breakeven? The three-round average doesn't exactly equal the breakeven does it? Thanks.

A player's price changes based on their previous price and their average from the last three weeks. The formula for working out someone's price is something like (0.75 * Old Price) + (0.25 * Average from past three weeks) * 4100. But basically, if your player averages higher than his normal average, he should go up in price. Take Lindsay Gilbee for example - he scored 153 last week, well above his normal average. This will boost his three week average for his next two games so he looks likely to make money.

A player's breakeven is what that player has to score to maintain his price. For example, Gary Ablett's breakeven from last week was about 190, so most people assumed that he would score less than that and go down in price. However, he scored 198, which was above his breakeven, so he went up in price instead. If he had scored 190, he would have maintained the same price.

Conca for Pendlebury, Ablett, Watson, Mundy or Boyd?
They are all going to end up averaging around 110-130 with the odd score above 150, they're all ultra premiums so it's all a matter of opinion really.

I have Pendles, so in my opinion I'd take Boyd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is my team:

DELEDIO, Brett [MID]; GIBBS, Bryce [MID]; GODDARD, Brendon [MID]; HEPPELL, Dyson [MID]; GILBEE, Lindsay [MID]; LOWER, Nick; SMITH, Brodie
PUOPOLO, Paul; PEDERSEN, Cameron; TOY, Josh

MUNDY, David; PENDLEBURY, Scott; BOYD, Matthew; PRIDDIS, Matt; PAVLICH, Matthew [FWD]; LIBERATORE, Tom
HARRIS, Daniel; SWALLOW, David; JACOBS, Ben [DEF]

COX, Dean; SANDILANDS, Aaron
SMITH, Zachary; KEEFFE, Lachlan

FRANKLIN, Lance; GOODES, Adam [MID]; RIEWOLDT, Nick; GREEN, Brad; PETRIE, Drew [RUC]; DARLING, Jack; TAPSCOTT, Luke
KRAKOUER, Andrew [MID]; MATERA, Brandon; MCKERNAN, Shaun [DEF]

I really have no idea what trades to make this week. I really have to get rid of B. Smith and it would be good to offload GC players this week.
I do want to get in Ablett & Chapman after Round 9, but I could probably hold off on Ablett till Round 10 as he won't have a massive price increase.

Anyone's thoughts would be much appreciated :) Thanks!

This is my team:

DELEDIO, Brett [MID]; GIBBS, Bryce [MID]; GODDARD, Brendon [MID]; HEPPELL, Dyson [MID]; GILBEE, Lindsay [MID]; LOWER, Nick; SMITH, Brodie

MUNDY, David; PENDLEBURY, Scott; BOYD, Matthew; PRIDDIS, Matt; PAVLICH, Matthew [FWD]; LIBERATORE, Tom

FRANKLIN, Lance; GOODES, Adam [MID]; RIEWOLDT, Nick; GREEN, Brad; PETRIE, Drew [RUC]; DARLING, Jack; TAPSCOTT, Luke

I really have no idea what trades to make this week. I really have to get rid of B. Smith and it would be good to offload GC players this week.
I do want to get in Ablett & Chapman after Round 9, but I could probably hold off on Ablett till Round 10 as he won't have a massive price increase.

Good team. If I was you I would downgrade Brad Green for a rookie, or upgrade him if you can. He's been shit and will most likely stay shit, whereas Didak is shit at the moment... but will probaby go better.

This is my team:

swallow to hibberd assuming he is named (cash in the bank plus mid/back swaps for the future) - then maybe upgrade b.smith to heath shaw or sam fisher..... pretty handy team thou
and greens break even is 75 odd this week, surely he is more likely ot make that than b.smith's 100 odd b/e

This is my team:

solid midfield! what's your ranking can i ask?

thinking of trading matera to the cheapest ruck /fwd in order to bring Petrie off my ruck bench and into F7 is this a waste of a trade? I already have cover for Sandi and Cox (Z. Smith) in the rucks so Petrie is wasted where he is but he is only averaging just under 90...It will give $150k + to play with for later trades though.

i had the exact same ruckmen as you and did the trade last week. J Tippet from the Suns is your man. Think with the lack of quality forwards this year Petrie is a good F7 and will trade him out for finals if need be.

Good team. If I was you I would downgrade Brad Green for a rookie, or upgrade him if you can. He's been shit and will most likely stay shit, whereas Didak is shit at the moment... but will probaby go better.
I think I'll wait till next week and make that change :)

swallow to hibberd assuming he is named (cash in the bank plus mid/back swaps for the future) - then maybe upgrade b.smith to heath shaw or sam fisher..... pretty handy team thou
and greens break even is 75 odd this week, surely he is more likely ot make that than b.smith's 100 odd b/e
It's a tough one tossing up between Hibberd and Smith, both have equally questionable JS. I might do Green next week and upgrade to Chappy if I have the cash, or something like that.

solid midfield! what's your ranking can i ask?
8,710 Overall. I brought in Mundy (for Barlow) last week and made him captain and got rid of Grimes for Jacobs so I could swap Goddard to my backline :)

Thanks all :)

Anyone considering bringing in Joey Montagna this week?

Think ill avoid the Saints premiums for now. Looks like there season might be over and they could start blooding kids very soon. I already have Goddard and Nick Riewoldt and I feel I shouldnt have another from a team who probably wont make the top 8.

Ive got the money to afford any midfielder (bar Barlow) and at first I was looking at Luke Hodge but am now shifting my attention to one of Scott Pendlebury or David Mundy on simple numbers.

I already have Swan which means im leaning more towards Mundy so that I can also avoid Freo's second bye which is in the League bye round as well which is very useful.

But theres something about Mundy that I just dont trust very much... :(

Do I go L Thompson (b.e 70) OR Lower (b.e 64) For H shaw?

Also The original plan was to downgrade Curnow to I smith to have the cash for above. Leaves me with 13 trades. Could it be worth downgrading straight to Mzungu and saving downgrading Smith for him later on. Just worried about already going down to 13 trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back