Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 9 Trades

depending on teams tomorrow...im thinking

OUT. D. Swallow IN: Mzugu

which will leave me about 400 k....

Unsure of my next move, forward line is:

Franklin, Darling, Riewoldt, Tapscott, Yarran, Knights and Higgins....

Pretty weak really, who would you look at bringing in?

pavlich!

I'd go for Pav, but keep Chappy in mind for next week given his high BE. Also, there's ROK who's good value right now.

This week:
Matera > Siposs
Toy/B.Smith > Sucking

Next week:
Tapscott > Lynch
Swallow > Pendles/Mundy

Only question is whether Siposs is going to play a lot, though from Lyon's comments recently, I think he might start playing the kids a bit more.

Yeah, would think Sipposs will keep his spot, hasn't been to bad and the Dempsters, McQualters of the Saints will be dropped before him.

To Goat boy and Kingy dons, I like your trades (Kingy dons, I would go with Pav)

Thanks also to Ed_Gein from a couple of pages back for attempting to answer my question :p

Curnow > I. Smith

Then can either upgrade Knights for anyone in the forward line, or upgrade Lower for anyone in the back line.

Will most likely go Knights > Pav.

Curnow > I. Smith

Then can either upgrade Knights for anyone in the forward line, or upgrade Lower for anyone in the back line.

Will most likely go Knights > Pav.

I'd consider trading out Lower before Knights... Lower gets subbed too much for me and Knights is a favourite over at Adelaide.

I think i've decided to keep Watson through these 3 weeks on my bench. Just need to downgrade/upgrade for another week i think.

How many times has Nick Lower been subbed? If he is being subbed.. He's still carrying a tasty average.

Curnow > Smith seems to be on the cards for everyone.

I'd consider trading out Lower before Knights... Lower gets subbed too much for me and Knights is a favourite over at Adelaide.

I think i've decided to keep Watson through these 3 weeks on my bench. Just need to downgrade/upgrade for another week i think.

And Lower has a BE of 37 where Knights is at 91. Not sure how much Knights has left price wise but his form is improving.

What are peoples thoughts on Jobe? Is it worth holding on to him then having to get rid of him rd24 or are people just giving him the flick now?

I'd like to keep him preferably, although he will miss this week then the bye straight after. Could very well potentially miss the week after too and given Essendon are playing Melbourne they could rest him without too much trouble.

Is it worth it to trade Watson to Mundy or Boyd, possibly gain around 150 points 120 average x 3 - fill 65-70x3 then maybe get Jobe back later? I'm leaning towards no but it's an interesting tactic with byes this year. If he was out for 4-5 I'd definitely do it.

I'd like just one friggin week without losing a premium to injury or suspension (Montagna, Higgins, Watson, etc). Can seriously disrupt trade plans.

My team (231k in the bank):

Deledio, Adcock, Goddard, Enright, Gibbs, Heppel, Lower (Batchelor, Toy, Puopolo)
Swan, Watson, Selwood, Murphy, Liberatore, Harris (Prestia,I.Smith, Hibberd)
Cox, Sandilands (Smith, Derickx)
Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, Riewoldt, Higgins, Darling, Tapscott (Krakouer, Matera, Dixon)

This week my options are:

Lower ------> Suckling
Krakouer -----> O'Keefe

OR

Harris ----> Boyd/Mundy
Tapscott ---> Mzungu (too gain $$ for upgrades next week)

OR

Watson ----> Boyd/Mundy (to gain extra points over next few weeks)
Lower ----> Shaw/Fisher or Tapscott ----> Fyfe/Chapman

OR

Tapscott ----> Fyfe/Chapman
and possibly Krak --- Mzungu

What do people think the best option is? I'm leaning towards the top option (getting in Suckling and O'Keefe). It pretty much completes my backline if you consider Heppell a keeper or close to it and my forward line is only 1 upgrade off being complete to Fyfe/Chapman (depending on how Higgins holds up). However doing this seriously leaves my midfield exposed this week especially especially with Harris having the bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, forgot Lynch had the bye.

New plan is:

Toy > Hibberd
McKernan > Suckling

Leaves me with about $108k spare, and with Matera > Lynch locked in next week I'll have $237k to upgrade someone. Probably Swallow at this stage, or maybe Tapscott. I'll see.

And Lower has a BE of 37 where Knights is at 91. Not sure how much Knights has left price wise but his form is improving.

:confused:

TooSerious has Lower's BE as 64. His 106 is rolling out this week.

I've having a serious think about bringing in gilbee..he has a breakeven of 38 and has the 153 floating around under 400k he seems like value. Anyone think he will be able to average the 105 he has in previous seasons after finding some form?
Yeah I'm even considering Gilbee this week, only 4.9% of teams have him, has bottomed out and if he can avg 100 for the rest of the year, then he's a bargain.

I think it's a risk I'm willing to take. :thumbsu:

I plan to go L.Thompson > H.Shaw and Higgins > O'Keefe (had enough of Higgins. Heard on SEN that he still may not play this week FFS :mad::thumbsdown:)

I have moved Goodes into the midfield since I am getting ROK as I don't want Goodes and ROK both in my forward line. I now have 5 guns in the midfield and Libba/Harris as my 6th midfielder. I plan to get Boyd as my 6th midfielder.

Next week I will go Matera > Lynch and Tapscott > Sylvia.

Team will then look like this -

B - Goodard, Gibbs, Delidio, H.Shaw, Adcock, Heppell, Lower (Paupolo, Jacobs, Toy)

C - Swan, Judd, Goodes, Selwood, Dal Santo, Harris (Libba, Conka, Hibberd)

R - Sandilands, Cox (Smith, J.Tippet)

F - N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, O'Keefe, Sylvia, J.Riewolt, Petrie
(Lych, I.Smith, Richardson)

I've having a serious think about bringing in gilbee..he has a breakeven of 38 and has the 153 floating around under 400k he seems like value. Anyone think he will be able to average the 105 he has in previous seasons after finding some form?

My qualm about getting him in is that he scored that 153 in the forward line, and he kicked 6 goals to do it. I think it was also a shock move to play him in the forward line, and Richmond played Batchelor on him. I can't see him being a consistent enough forward to average 100+, and he hasn't averaged 100+ since 2007.

Lynch will be another cash cow who could potentially be a F7 if he maintains his average. Only $138k so not number one draft pick expensive, but there's nobody else to downgrade Matera too, as I have Smith.

I have enough ($160k) money to go McKernan > Suckling but I don't want to grab Lynch when he's $180k and higher. There's a lack of rookies around, too, so I reckon if you can get one, then get one.

Mzungu and Callinan both M/F from memory are options in the coming month. If it's now, yeah Lynch or Sipposs look like the best bets :thumbsu:

Priddis is good and is doing very well this year, but if I got him it would be from the start..but at his price, I'd choose Boyd/Ablett
Like Stanto? rofl :D

(inside joke, those considering Priddis, pay this post no attention as Priddis is a very solid, unique choice).

My qualm about getting him in is that he scored that 153 in the forward line, and he kicked 6 goals to do it. I think it was also a shock move to play him in the forward line, and Richmond played Batchelor on him. I can't see him being a consistent enough forward to average 100+, and he hasn't averaged 100+ since 2007.

This is exactly the post I was going to make. He doesn't have another score above 100 (there is one 99). His 153 was padded out by six goals, which you really cannot rely on. He's shown no indication he can average 100 because his average has been massively distorted by the 153.

Need 1 more midfielder?

Narrowed it down to Ablett, Watson, Priddis, Mundy, Hodge.

If all are fully fit in 3 weeks, who would you get?

Matera to I.Smith this week

and

Lower to H.Shaw/S.Fisher. Leaning more towards Shaw just because I already have Goddard, Montagna and Riewoldt and the only Pie I've got is Swan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back