2011 Under 19's Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Regarding the Under 19s saga, the NFL has really came into the season unprepared which is quite disgraceful as they are trying to make a name for themselves, only digging themselves a bigger grave and soon, they'll have to lie in it.

Lower plenty making a statement, same with Thomastown this week, big results for both sides. The boys from Reservoir have gained their momentum and confidence, looking much stronger.

Regarding the Under 19s saga, the NFL has really came into the season unprepared which is quite disgraceful as they are trying to make a name for themselves, only digging themselves a bigger grave and soon, they'll have to lie in it.

Lower plenty making a statement, same with Thomastown this week, big results for both sides. The boys from Reservoir have gained their momentum and confidence, looking much stronger.

Couldnt be a 1 eyed resa man could ya.. after all guts galore were from reservoir..

Speaking to a friend who was umpiring at Reservoir in the 2's on the weekend, told me there was an incident in the Under 19's that involved a Heidelberg (?) player kicking a Reservoir (?) player in the head during an all-in? Anyone know what really happened?

Speaking to a friend who was umpiring at Reservoir in the 2's on the weekend, told me there was an incident in the Under 19's that involved a Heidelberg (?) player kicking a Reservoir (?) player in the head during an all-in? Anyone know what really happened?
other way around mate!!!

I am not going to get involved much into this debate as it's not in spirit of the club but I can confirm that a Reservoir player got kicked first. And one of the boys from the Under 19s has a fractured jaw.

no.14 for heidleberg has been de-listed from his club following the report for striking from last weeks game. didnt front at the tribunal.

no.15 for reservoir 2 weeks for striking

no.37 reservoir 0 weeks not guilty for kicking :|

not going into details but i will say justice was not served

no.37 reservoir 0 weeks not guilty for kicking :|

not going into details but i will say justice was not served

From what I'm told, there was no sufficient evidence to prove the kicking was actually kicking. Apparently the accused argued his leg was being held and he was attempting to "shake it free".

From what I'm told, there was no sufficient evidence to prove the kicking was actually kicking. Apparently the accused argued his leg was being held and he was attempting to "shake it free".

Wow. Just wow.

Good defence on the players behalf though, for if there is even the SLIGHTEST bit of doubt in the umpires mind that his story could be true, the case is thrown out immediately. As I imagine was the case here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Move on. Decision has already been made, no use crying over spilt milk.

Reservoir notched up their 4th win so far with a 24 point win over North Heildelberg.

Move on. Decision has already been made, no use crying over spilt milk.

Reservoir notched up their 4th win so far with a 24 point win over North Heildelberg.
Great to see the Rezza u/19`s up and about good for the club and the comp, also hear that the local constabulary are pleased also as the hooning and burgs around the Reservoir/Preston district are down by 50%:eek:

Correct GURU:thumbsu:

Thought you might have an opinion on the report from Lalor v Lower posted on the NFL web site - Seems the reporter must have been at a different game... If i was that reporter i would stick to holding a clip board and moving magnets around... The reporter may not be what he thinks he is - bahhaaa. It was looking like Lower was going to run over the top of the Bloods - What game were you at mate, are you sure your qualified to advise kids what they should be doing on a football ground or reporting a game to people that may want to know what happened...?!?

i'd just like to say, dont count out eltham.
they have picked up some very good players and there older players are standing tall.

they played 2 average games against h/berg and t/town. But they will learn from it and be a very strong side.

Thought you might have an opinion on the report from Lalor v Lower posted on the NFL web site - Seems the reporter must have been at a different game... If i was that reporter i would stick to holding a clip board and moving magnets around... The reporter may not be what he thinks he is - bahhaaa. It was looking like Lower was going to run over the top of the Bloods - What game were you at mate, are you sure your qualified to advise kids what they should be doing on a football ground or reporting a game to people that may want to know what happened...?!?

I think the reporter is wearing many hats these days. What next? He maybe looking at JC's job!!!!

Theproblem with the U19's be it D1 or 2 is the quality of umpires, majority of them who umpire for them for the money, miles from the action,unfit so tey call unreal decisions, thus the issues occur, reason why come finals times the undisciplined sides get found out(because the real umpires get the finals) and the sides can't work out why now they are being punished when all season they have got away with it

Theproblem with the U19's be it D1 or 2 is the quality of umpires, majority of them who umpire for them for the money, miles from the action,unfit so tey call unreal decisions, thus the issues occur, reason why come finals times the undisciplined sides get found out(because the real umpires get the finals) and the sides can't work out why now they are being punished when all season they have got away with it

Completely agree. And on top of that, I will never understand how the NFL can put bloody 14 year olds in charge of a 19 year olds' game. Completely baffles me. And they wonder why fights break out - because they fear to take control of the game!

Okay, so lately there has been a lot of debate over the structure of the Under 19's. In my opinion, there are many flaws in the current system/structure that the NFL is implementing.

In my opinion, (this has been suggested earlier) the NFL should run a 3 Division competition for the Under 19's. Division 1 running 8 teams, Division 2 - 7 and Division 3 - 6. At the moment their are 11 Division 1 Under 19 Clubs (Including Eltham #2), 6 Division 2 Under 19 teams and 4 Division 3 Under 19 teams. This is the current order of teams sorted by ladder order, taking into account North Heidelberg and Heidelberg's position in Division 2. Making them the 2 worst teams in Division 1.

NFLCurrentUnder19CLubs.jpg

So to run 8 teams in Division 1 you would need to eliminate 2 teams from their, easy - Heidelberg and North Heidelberg drop to Division 2.
Even though we are back to 8 teams in Division 1, I still believe the 2 strongest Division 2 teams, Lower Plenty and Thomastown, should be given the opportunity in Division 1. Now this would mean that West Preston and Montmorency would drop back to Division 2.
In my opinion that leaves Division 1 sorted.

Division 2 would then have a total of 8 teams with Division 3 having 5 (taking into account Eltham #2 would be firstly placed in Division 3)
Division 2 would contain:
1. Diamond Creek
2. Lalor
3. Mernda
4. Hurstbridge
5. West Preston
6. Montmorency
7. Heidelberg and
8. North Heidelberg

With 8 teams, it means 1 team needs to drop down to even out the divisions. But this makes it unfair to good Division 3 teams who are good enough to play Division 2. So 3 teams must drop down to Division 3. Now this is were it gets interesting: Who drops down? North Heidelberg, Heidelberg and West Preston have won 1 game between them this year, but they are coming from Division 1 and surely can't drop down 2 Divisions? Hurstbridge and Mernda have 1 win between them (Mernda def Hurstbridge in Round 1) So in my opinion (considering Heidelberg defeated Eltham #2 in the current season) Hurstbridge, Mernda and North Heidelberg drop down to Division 3. This is where it is a little controversial.

Eltham #2 and Reservoir are the 2 Division 3 clubs that would be promoted given their recent good form/ladder position in Division 2.

If my movements/structuring methods are correct then the three Divisions would look like this: (no particular order)

NFLCurrentUnder19Change.jpg

Now although this system seems fair(er) then the current one, it would definitely bring about obvious fixturing problems/dilemmas. But I think this system could really work.

What do you guys think?

P.S - Sorry for taking up lots of room, I've been working on this for a while :D

Okay, so lately there has been a lot of debate over the structure of the Under 19's. In my opinion, there are many flaws in the current system/structure that the NFL is implementing.

In my opinion, (this has been suggested earlier) the NFL should run a 3 Division competition for the Under 19's. Division 1 running 8 teams, Division 2 - 7 and Division 3 - 6. At the moment their are 11 Division 1 Under 19 Clubs (Including Eltham #2), 6 Division 2 Under 19 teams and 4 Division 3 Under 19 teams. This is the current order of teams sorted by ladder order, taking into account North Heidelberg and Heidelberg's position in Division 2. Making them the 2 worst teams in Division 1.

So to run 8 teams in Division 1 you would need to eliminate 2 teams from their, easy - Heidelberg and North Heidelberg drop to Division 2.
Even though we are back to 8 teams in Division 1, I still believe the 2 strongest Division 2 teams, Lower Plenty and Thomastown, should be given the opportunity in Division 1. Now this would mean that West Preston and Montmorency would drop back to Division 2.

Division 2 would then have a total of 8 teams with Division 3 having 5 (taking into account Eltham #2 would be firstly placed in Division 3)
1. Diamond Creek
2. Lalor
3. Mernda
4. Hurstbridge
5. West Preston
6. Montmorency
7. Heidelberg and
8. North Heidelberg

With 8 teams, it means 1 team needs to drop down to even out the divisions. But this makes it unfair to good Division 3 teams who are good enough to play Division 2. So 3 teams must drop down to Division 3. Now this is were it gets interesting: Who drops down? North Heidelberg, Heidelberg and West Preston have won 1 game between them this year, but they are coming from Division 1 and surely can't drop down 2 Divisions? Hurstbridge and Mernda have 1 win between them (Mernda def Hurstbridge in Round 1) So in my opinion (considering Heidelberg defeated Eltham #2 in the current season) Hurstbridge, Mernda and North Heidelberg drop down to Division 3. This is where it is a little controversial.

Eltham #2 and Reservoir are the 2 Division 3 clubs that would be promoted given their recent good form/ladder position in Division 2.

If my movements/structuring methods are correct then the three Divisions would look like this: (no particular order)

Now although this system seems fair(er) then the current one, it would definitely bring about obvious fixturing problems/dilemmas. But I think this system could really work.

What do you guys think?

P.S - Sorry for taking up lots of room, I've been working on this for a while :D

gonna say it straight out i do agree with you, and it would make for a much more even comp in all divisions.
the only problem being, clubs may have to set up there ground on a saturday morning for 1 game to accomidate for these games. and some might say its too much of a drama. i dont see the big deal tho.

playing wise i believe it would be great. would really like to see it be put into action this season.
great work mate, alot of time has been put into this i can see and it looks great.

1. Diamond Creek
2. Lalor
3. Mernda
4. Hurstbridge
5. West Preston
6. Montmorency
7. Heidelberg and
8. North Heidelberg

What do you guys think?

When I saw Reservoir in Div 3, I was gonna say "You're a joke, we are a much better team than that" but seeing towards the end, I think I agree with you there. Perfectly balanced out divisions. Only if NFL had brains like this.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Under 19's Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back