Training 2012 Pre-Season underway

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Melksham's still a runt, but he's noticably bigger. Actually looks reasonably strong, now.

Colyer's going to be a little unit, like Rodan, or Blair.

One of the assistants gave him big wraps a while back, saying he's probably the strongest at the club, pound for pound (not that there's much of him).

Both are going to be good/solid players. I think Melksham is the one that can on to be very good. Just like the way he moves, hit attitude/confidence and his all round game. Not alot of weakness to him, probably his speed but than again i think hes very agile and thats what you need from an onballer which he will be in years to come.

Yeah Melksham's still a runt, but he's noticably bigger. Actually looks reasonably strong, now.

Colyer's going to be a little unit, like Rodan, or Blair.

One of the assistants gave him big wraps a while back, saying he's probably the strongest at the club, pound for pound (not that there's much of him).

They say the same thing about ants... :D

Its young joe. Has put on 10kgs. Another 10 before next year would be nice.

Davis is 190cm. Fletcher is 198cm and by the looks of it Daniher is over 200cm.

BB confirmed it's Joe Daniher.
He looks so different compared to previous photos of him.
Amazing effort to put on 10kgs.
Going to be crazy in 2013.
Will slot right into the team; instead of 1-2 years of getting bigger.

Happy to have him getting some more talls is key and he comes at the best time. Hille, Fletcher and Gumby cant have long left on the list. We need depth which he gives for the first year, than the way he is adding size we will start to see him in his second year and blooming in the 3rd.

Seems a similar type to Ayce Cordy, massive potential, high draft pick, comes with a name. Is very tall but probably come forward first, ruck second. Havnt see him play though.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/a/Bombers-maintain-demanding-pre-season/8792

just curious to know if thats joe daniher walking with fletch at about 20 seconds in if so hes not as gangely and rake like as i first thought

Dempsey has already got the bald head and beard, he just needs to gain 300 lbs and he'll look like Rozay

RICK-ROSS-PLANS-TO-TAKE-STAGE-DESPITE-DOUBLE-HEALTH-SCARE.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic to see a little bit of size on JD Fortune.

I was afraid he would a weedy kid who would take two years of solid gym work to make the seniors, but he could form a great ruck partnership with Ryder.

If anyone can shed some light, much appreciated. How's Kavanagh coming along?
Injury free and reported to be keeping up with training.
Sean Wellman said he is most likely to emerge early in the season.
Will be a starter in the nab cub, so it's best to wait till then.

Happy to have him getting some more talls is key and he comes at the best time. Hille, Fletcher and Gumby cant have long left on the list. We need depth which he gives for the first year, than the way he is adding size we will start to see him in his second year and blooming in the 3rd.

Seems a similar type to Ayce Cordy, massive potential, high draft pick, comes with a name. Is very tall but probably come forward first, ruck second. Havnt see him play though.

Joe is much further advanced than ayce ever was. If you watched Joe dominate at the national 16s carnival in west Sydney you would have seen a potential high grade key forward. He also has a rare desire to be the best he can be.

Joe is much further advanced than ayce ever was. If you watched Joe dominate at the national 16s carnival in west Sydney you would have seen a potential high grade key forward. He also has a rare desire to be the best he can be.
I havent seen him play, where do you reckon he will end up, ruck or forward?

It seems that way now, but a year to be training in the AFL system will certainly help that.

How did Ayce go in the U16/18s? from memory may have missed the U18 carnival.

I think Ayce is a potential high grade forward aswell and many dog fans see it that way, they just knew he would take time.

Cant wait for the u18s to see how Joe D goes under a bit of afl training experience and fully fit.

I havent seen him play, where do you reckon he will end up, ruck or forward?

I think it will be pretty exciting to play him and Ryder up forward with either of them capable of giving TBell a chop out. Hurley also forward. The other thing is that Hurley and Ryder can go back to defence in a pinch.

Hooker, Pears and Carlisle all playing in defence. All three are capable of CHB or FB. Also Carlisle can dominate as 3rd tall or go forward in a pinch.

That there is a super duper high quality spine that also gives the coaching staff ridiculous levels of flexibility. Not just players physically capable of playing at each end but with players with real talent in multiple positions in the spine.

Believe!!

In fact that is still pretty decent without Daniher. He just adds icing to the cake, Boston bun thick icing!!!

I think it will be pretty exciting to play him and Ryder up forward with either of them capable of giving TBell a chop out. Hurley also forward. The other thing is that Hurley and Ryder can go back to defence in a pinch.

Hooker, Pears and Carlisle all playing in defence. All three are capable of CHB or FB. Also Carlisle can dominate as 3rd tall or go forward in a pinch.

That there is a super duper high quality spine that also gives the coaching staff ridiculous levels of flexibility. Not just players physically capable of playing at each end but with players with real talent in multiple positions in the spine.

Believe!!

In fact that is still pretty decent without Daniher. He just adds icing to the cake, Boston bun thick icing!!!

Just not sure how much pressure Tbell, Ryder, Joe D and Hurley can provide and by keeping the footy inside 50.

I think its the thing BF posters forget the most, just about every coach says the most important thing in the modern game is to keep the ball inside the attacking 50 for as long as possible.

However i dont want to see carlisle anywhere else other than back as a 3rd tall in a harley/Lake 3rd man up/cut off player.

Just not sure how much pressure Tbell, Ryder, Joe D and Hurley can provide and by keeping the footy inside 50.

I think its the thing BF posters forget the most, just about every coach says the most important thing in the modern game is to keep the ball inside the attacking 50 for as long as possible.

However i dont want to see carlisle anywhere else other than back as a 3rd tall in a harley/Lake 3rd man up/cut off player.

Ryder and Hurley are fine at that. Did you see Ryder chase down Wojak and Yarran last year? Of course Crameri, Winderlich and perhaps Davey or Monfries can work hard at that too. It is also worth pointing out that the whole midfields will probably be pushing forward in the future and the midfield will also be helping out with that.

I think you're getting too worried about it and not thinking about it clearly.

Ryder and Hurley are fine at that. Did you see Ryder chase down Wojak and Yarran last year? Of course Crameri, Winderlich and perhaps Davey or Monfries can work hard at that too. It is also worth pointing out that the whole midfields will probably be pushing forward in the future and the midfield will also be helping out with that.

I think you're getting too worried about it and not thinking about it clearly.

Its the reason i pick Davey in our side week in week out just about, unelss Jetta can show he is capable by himself.

Not doubting Ryder has the ability/potential to do it, but we dont want to become like North Melbourne where everyone has this extreme potential, but rarely live upto it, or in this case do it. Ryders Lazy, not many can argue against that.

I dont think its hard to see that it is one of the most important aspects of the modern game, do you disagree? many coaches and players continually state it. The best teams are the ones that do it best Collingwood, West Coast and Hawthorn. Stkilda also before last year.

Ryder provides excellent defensive pressure from the middle and not a lot when he's forward. I don't think he can hack having two jobs at the same time. When they stick him a job - first ruck, CHB, whatever and let him know he's massively important - he is (generally) very good.
When he switches he switches off.

Ryder provides excellent defensive pressure from the middle and not a lot when he's forward. I don't think he can hack having two jobs at the same time. When they stick him a job - first ruck, CHB, whatever and let him know he's massively important - he is (generally) very good.
When he switches he switches off.

He has to improve in that area. There arnt many midfielders or forwards that sit in the one position ala have the one job all game any more. He has to be mentally ready to play a few different positions/jobs throughout the one game. If he can adjust i suggest his best position will be down back, where as you said he can keep to a job of shutting down a quality forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2012 Pre-Season underway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back