VFL 2012 Sandringham Zebras News & Discussion Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smart quarter against the wind. We trailed 15-8 in inside 50's but had 20 extra possessions.

With the ball being in defence for much of the quarter, it was great to see Ferguson take 6 marks and look really strong. Gwilt is looking OK and I was impressed with Dunell and Siposs early

Saad struggling in front of goal. Kicked a few points and out bounds....

Only 7 points now

VFL ‏ @VFLnews: @TrueZebras breeze picked up this term, aiding @sandyzebs end this qrt

Some nice work by Siposs results in Saad kicking his first. 6.6.42 to 4.3.27

Beautiful work by Dunnell. This bloke is impressive. Thats 2nd for day & 10th for season.

Archer takes nice mark but couldnt convert. Was set up by some smart composure by Dunnell

Ray & Archer kick goal within 30secs each other. 9.8 to 4.3

Seb Ross kicks his first goal for year and extends Zebs lead back out to 36 points. 10.9 to 5.3

HALF TIME: @sandyzebs 12.9.81 to @Collingwood_FC 5.3.33
Goals: Dunnell 3, Coleman, Archer 2, Siposs, Ray, Ross, Saad, Cook

Dunnell - 16 disposals, 6 marks & 3 goals

Dunnell - 16 disposals, 6 marks
Ferguson - 12 disposals, 9 marks
Siposs - 12 disposals, 4 marks
Hallahan - 9 disposals, 5 marks
Ray - 10 disposals, 3 marks
Cook - 11 disposals, 1 mark
Peake - 12 disposals, 2 marks
Gwilt - 10 disposals, 4 marks

Pies have kicked opening 2 goals of 2nd half and get within 6 goals. 12.9.81 to 7.3.45

12mins gone 81-54

Pies kick their 4th of qtr and its back to 21 points. 12.9 to 9.6 #GoZebs

Pies are right back in this game. Got it back to 15 points half way through 3rd term. 12.9 to 10.6

Zebras look completely out of sorts & Pies are making them pay. Pies have now kicked 6 this qtr and its back to only 10 points

Pies are using the slight breeze to their advantage. Zebras will come home with it but have some work to do 82-72

Pies are using the slight breeze to their advantage. Zebras will come home with it but have some work to do 82-72

Pies kick yet another one and its only 3 points difference. Amazing qtr of footy. 12.9.82 to 12.7.79

Scores are level after Collingwood were 48 points down at half time! 12.10.82 to 12.10.82

Cant believe what we are seeing. Collingwood are now in front 12.10.82 to 13.10.88

3 QTR TIME: @sandyzebs 12.10.82 to @Collingwood_FC 13.10.88

Goals: Dunnell 3, Coleman, Archer 2, Siposs, Ray, Ross, Saad, Cook

Dunnell - 16 disposals & 6 marks
Siposs - 6 disposals & 6 marks
Ferguson - 13 disposals & 10 marks
Peake - 18 disposals & 4 marks
Hallahan - 12 disposals & 6 marks
Ray - 12 disposals & 4 marks
Cook - 14 disposals & 1 mark
Gwilt - 12 disposals & 5 marks

Collingwood given a free in goal square! Pies extend lead to 12 points after only 1 minute #GoZebs

Zebs are completly out of sorts. Everything going Ferals way.

Myke Cook finally gets one for the Zebras. Now trail by 7 points but kicking with the breeze

Couple missed snaps by Zebs and its back to 5 points

Saad extreemely disappointing today.

90-96 down at 12min mark

Archer kicks goal from 50m and its back to 1 point margin.

Arryn Siposs puts the Zebs in front! 102-97

Minchington kicks what could be handy point! Now 7 points at 22 min mark final term

Ahmed Saad takes nice mark. Had bit of quiet day so far but kicks goal when it matters most. Zebs lead by 13 points

Collingwood are back to within 5 points at 26 min mark. What a game

Ahmed Saad kicks his 3rd of day & Zebs lead by 11 points as fight erupts on field. 28mins gone

Dunnell kicks point and its 12 points with nearly 30mins gone

Coleman seals the match with his 3rd goal of day. Zebs now lead by 17 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FINAL SCORE: @sandyzebs 18.15.123 defeat @Collingwood_FC 16.16.112

Goals: Dunnell, Saad, Coleman, Archer 3, Cook 2, Siposs 2, Ray, Ross

For mine i think Siposs, Dowler, Ferguson, Cook were best all day. Dunnell hardly got near it in 2nd half but 16 touches & 3 goals in first half gets him in there... Saad very average imo, even though he kicked couple late to seal game.

Well that was odd.

-36 points in the second half, lucky to win I thought.

What I gathered from that match was that Cockie, Cook, Dowler, Sikora, Shepherd and Coleman are a good group of blokes that make Sandy seriously better than last year.

For mine, some of our best blokes were our rookies, I thought Dunell, Archer and Ferg were among our best. Shenton seems to struggle, no idea why, Andreoli and Michington were rarely sighted, as was Winmar and Ross.

Gwilt looked okay, but I still think he needs another 1 or 2 games. Ray and Peake played similarly to at AFL level, solid without being spectacular,

Ledger and Sippos got involved well enough, tried hard, and looked a bit humbler to me than in the Preseason.

Saad looked good whenever he had a little bit of space to run, whether it me mark, tackle whatever.

I'ld be backing Ferg in for Rookie of the week. :D

Ferguson is this years one to watch, such an improvement in a short time :thumbsu:

Apart from that, didn't learn anything today.

Siposs, Ledger could easily hold their own in the seniors...which we knew.

Gwilt still has heaps of composure and a lovely left boot...which we knew.

Siposs also looks better on a wing where he can make use of his kicking.

IMO he is more versatile than Polo which seems to be the reason Polo gets a game.

Siposs also looks better on a wing where he can make use of his kicking.

IMO he is more versatile than Polo which seems to be the reason Polo gets a game.

Polo for the middle, Siposs for the wing.
I dont see them as competing for a spot.

Was Dunell tagged in the second half?

Sandy struggled to get the ball I50 in the 3rd & when they did in the 4th the entries weren't always effective so I don't think Dunnell was tagged.

I stopped watching pretty much straight away. Peter Donegan was unable to hide his allegiances, and Ross Booth didn't know any of our players (how is he allowed in the box?). Can't believe it was left to Rhys-Jones to comment on some poor decisions by the umpires (heard "didn't see much in that" more than a couple of times).

I'm glad I watched it via replay, as the umpires did everything in their power to keep Collingfilth in it (they still weren't good enough!). Some more concocted decisions favouring one team. Thought Cockie was going to lose the plot and start bashing some heads. The guy is a star at that level but gets nothing.

The Daily Filth had Peake on 24p, Sippa 22, Faz 21, and Gwilt 14 (with 6 marks).

Impressed with the game of Siposs again.

Curren missed targets again with his kicking. Should not have been in the best!

Dunell contested well all day I thought.

Whilst happy to see Archer kick a few, I still don't like him as a forward - and his second efforts and use of his body to block for teammates were a little disappointing (in comparison with say Wilkes who is a similar size).

Thankfully Ledger worked into the game. Hasn't been in the best touch of late.

Best game I've seen from Jacko. Much prefer him on the taller opponents - quite often they play him on short people.

Shenton and Crocker extremely quiet again! Not sure how Stapleton (6 goals last week in ressies) didn't get a gig.

Ross looks like he needs a rest. Hasn't played as well since he got that knock on the knee.

Dunnell - 16 disposals & 6 marks
Siposs - 6 disposals & 6 marks
Ferguson - 13 disposals & 10 marks
Peake - 18 disposals & 4 marks
Hallahan - 12 disposals & 6 marks
Ray - 12 disposals & 4 marks
Cook - 14 disposals & 1 mark
Gwilt - 12 disposals & 5 marks

Those stats cannot be correct for Siposs as he was in the play all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back