2013 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on James Aish, having a look at this thread about 8-9 months ago, most people were predicting him to be 1st pick at the Draft.

I'm just reading through, adding more and more that we've got an absolute steal and we're going to witness it next season.

Also a sneaky vote for Nick Robertson, I noticed.

We probably need the rest of this season to assess where Close, Paparone, Clarke, McKeever, Lisle etc are at. We have quite a lot of young KPPs. Quality is the big question mark though. If we think that 3 of those guys will develop into viable options in the key posts (plus Tickner I guess), then we don't have to go too tall in the draft.

Post from April 2013. We certainly didn't get too far in terms of nailing down our next generation of KPPs. Still quantity with question marks on quality, Clarke aside.

If we accept that Clarke is our likely CHB, we only need one of those key forwards to break out.

Pick 28 Lewis Taylor has the ability to cut sides up throughout the middle of the ground with his pace and elite endurance, i seen him play and liked how he plays the game so a great get for the club.

pick 33 Tom Cutler is a medium midfielder with good game sense and ability to hit targets consistently by hand or foot. Can play on talls and smalls due to his athleticism and reads the ball in flight particularly well and an interesting prospect to watch as i thought he could of been pick about pick 20 with he's hieght so i hope you like my post as i'm interested to see how these two kid's come on as well as your rookie pick in Conway.

As soon as the draftees were drafted you can see it in their face that they were planning a return flight in two years...

I remember concerns were voiced on this board about whether Daniel Rich looked unhappy after being drafted by the Lions. There's simply no way to tell whether a player will be happy long term from their draft day reaction.

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back