Unofficial Preview 2013 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

could you please repeat who we took in round 3? i felt movement & had to leave the room for a while after i read that we got mcdonald & garlett......

1st round - Mcdonald
2nd round - Garlett
3rd round - Jarman Impey (VIC – Fwd)
Height: 176cm, Weight: 78kg, DOB: 09/07/1995
Recruited from: Murray Bushranges
Style: Matthew Stokes (quicker)
Player comparison:
Range: 20-40
Profile: Damaging forward with some weapons at his disposal. Impey has some unique athletic gifts with some real pace and agility on him. In traffic Impey really stands out because he has more time and space than anyone else and can really step through traffic easily and then breakaway. Impey when given time and space also has some real ability to break the lines. He’s also go the typical crumbing skills and the smarts to know where the ball is going, rove at the bottom of the contest and position himself in the right spots every time. What most stands out with Impey is what he does with ball in hand. Impy is also an excellent user of the footy with his footskills particularly damaging. He has the ability to hit the scoreboard and can do so easily when within range. For a small he also has some excellent strength with his ability to mark overhead excellent for a small. As with so many forwards he can go cold as the team goes cold but when he is finding the ball he’ll do damage and make those touches meaningful ones.

Thanks to Knightmare for the write up in his phantom draft :)

I would be quite happy with Luke & Garlett as the first 2 picks.

I think with the lack of injuries over the last couple of years the one downside of that is players are fairly clearly defined as best 22. We cut depth quite hard last post season & may do the same this season backing the youngsters who are yet to develop.

We obviously need those players to develop & go past players who are currently in the team. Its just a shame that the next tear of players have all ended up being injured Wood, Haynes, Curran, Maj (obviously has had that knee strapped most of the season) & restricted us watching the development to get a very good gauge of specific requirements when looking at this next trade & draft period.

Hopefully the coasters don't take him with their 2nd they would be the biggest threat.
They'd be nuts.

The kid clearly wants to get outta Perf for the betterment of his mental health.

Yeah he definitely wants to play in melbourne. Apparently Saints and Bombers are keen aswell, draft penalty to essendon will rule them out.
Interesting about the Saints. A very, very young group but with still some older heads for a year or two. It's not like the Saints have had the best off field direction so I hope whatever happens he ends up getting a good crack at it. I saw him play in the U/18's and he and Jack Martin looked a class above for WA. Plenty o' talent.

A rookie selection we should consider is Mitch Thorpe. First round pick (was it 5?) but attitude and effort stunk up his chances with the Hawks. Playing coach of South Launceston in the Tassie league and is dominating each week. Second chance might see him really have a crack ala Pods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting about the Saints. A very, very young group but with still some older heads for a year or two. It's not like the Saints have had the best off field direction so I hope whatever happens he ends up getting a good crack at it. I saw him play in the U/18's and he and Jack Martin looked a class above for WA. Plenty o' talent.

Saw the same game. Disappointed we didn't go harder after O'meara and martin.

A rookie selection we should consider is Mitch Thorpe. First round pick (was it 5?) but attitude and effort stunk up his chances with the Hawks. Playing coach of South Launceston in the Tassie league and is dominating each week. Second chance might see him really have a crack ala Pods.

Very meh pick up for mine. He played at werribee for twelve months after he was delisted. Not a bad footballer but I doubt he will have significant impact at AFL level.

I'm hoping Billy Hartung falls to our pick, forget Dayle Garlett because Billy is exactly what we need... think another Steven Motlop

A question for people who have more of an idea about how the draft will pan out then me, what chance are we to get him with our second pick?

I'm hoping Billy Hartung falls to our pick, forget Dayle Garlett because Billy is exactly what we need... think another Steven Motlop

A question for people who have more of an idea about how the draft will pan out then me, what chance are we to get him with our second pick?

very likely i would say. Historically there aren't 2 sub 180cm mids taken in the top 20. Lewis Taylor is the one who will go top 20 so I'd be thinking hartung will still be around about 22-23. he would be a good 2nd round pick thats for sure. Battersby, Kennedy-Harris and Blake Acres would be others with a bit of x factor that should be around the mark.

very likely i would say. Historically there aren't 2 sub 180cm mids taken in the top 20. Lewis Taylor is the one who will go top 20 so I'd be thinking hartung will still be around about 22-23. he would be a good 2nd round pick thats for sure. Battersby, Kennedy-Harris and Blake Acres would be others with a bit of x factor that should be around the mark.

That's good to hear, I'll start getting my hopes up that we'll take him :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview 2013 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back