Unofficial Preview 2013 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Also just described Rioli, Motlop, Franklin, B.Hille, S.Hille, Pearce, Wells, Thomas, Christensen, Stokes, Yarran, Hall, Bennell, Hampton, Wingard, Goodes and the majority of other indigenous players which possess these traits.

My point is that those traits are not exclusive to indigenous players.

My point is that although it is not exclusive, there is a far greater % of players with those traits in indigenous players, it's genetics, not sure why you'd even bother detest that point.

There's also indigenous players who don't possess those traits.

I don't understand why you couldn't just say "a player with x-factor, speed, talent and high upside" with our second pick instead of "an indigenous player".

There's also indigenous players who don't possess those traits.

I don't understand why you couldn't just say "a player with x-factor, speed, talent and high upside" with our second pick instead of "an indigenous player".

Name me some?

You're being extremely precious. Indigenous Australians make up a mere 2 and a half percent of the Australian population, whilst making up 9% of AFL listed players. There is absolutely nothing wrong with highlighting there strengths, which can be shared with non indigenous players, but there is absolutely no doubt the special qualities they bring to our great game, and I'd love another on the list.

Name me some?

Jed Anderson, Michael Johnson, Antoni Grover, Raph Clarke, Koby Stevens, Brett Goodes

You're being extremely precious. Indigenous Australians make up a mere 2 and a half percent of the Australian population, whilst making up 9% of AFL listed players. There is absolutely nothing wrong with highlighting there strengths, which can be shared with non indigenous players, but there is absolutely no doubt the special qualities they bring to our great game, and I'd love another on the list.

I'm not being precious at all, I'm simply questioning your choice of words. It seems odd to single out a race of players because they apparently possess specific traits (they don't).

I guarantee if you went the other way and said "I'd love us to draft a white player", people would be getting precious.

Your wording is just curious to me.

A mate of mine has just arrived to our fair land from chille and has just started watching footy. He was taken with the way indigenous players play the game, generalizing it that they posses so much skill, flair and gracefulness.

He equated it to how brazil play soccer.

I think it's sad if you can't single out a group of people for praise.

Jed Anderson, Michael Johnson, Antoni Grover, Raph Clarke, Koby Stevens, Brett Goodes

I'm not being precious at all, I'm simply questioning your choice of words. It seems odd to single out a race of players because they apparently possess specific traits (they don't).

I guarantee if you went the other way and said "I'd love us to draft a white player", people would be getting precious.

Your wording is just curious to me.

Being one 16th indigenous I really do not see it as an issue at all, I think you're just being a keyboard warrior. Your attempts at being righteous on a football forum is equally as interesting to me. There is absolutely nothing wrong in hoping that we recruit an indigenous footballer with a bit of flare and X-factor, it would bring a lot to our young group of players, and that is regardless of your curiosity.

Pick 2 - The best indigenous talent available or a slider.

Psicosis when asked 'why?', you should have just said "because!", who gives a **** why, if thats what you want, so what, that's what you want. ....bring on the best indigenous talent available i say:thumbsu: ...and i say it because more likely than not, that player would have all the traits you listed...

going off this definition in wiki...

Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior, or superior.

...it would be impossible to not be classed as a racist.

Pick 2 - The best indigenous talent available or a slider.

Psicosis when asked 'why?', you should have just said "because!", who gives a **** why, if thats what you want, so what, that's what you want. ....bring on the best indigenous talent available i say:thumbsu: ...and i say it because more likely than not, that player would have all the traits you listed...

going off this definition in wiki...

Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior, or superior.

...it would be impossible to not be classed as a racist.

Lol, what a sh1t definition. So why have Olympics where people represent their country.

The ashes is racist. The history subject at school is racist.

I was born in Australia but have grand parents born overseas, a wife whose parents are from another country. I'm technically catholic but have no religious beliefs, and also have Jewish roots from one of my grand parents. I have gay friends, straight friends, Italian friends, Asian friends, African friends, Muslim friends....

I detist real racism or prejudice. So I feel I can say I'm not racist and really mean it.

But this sh!t is getting out of hand with all this politically correct bullsh!t and does more harm tahn good IMO and as I said before makes me sad.

End rant.

Lol, what a sh1t definition. So why have Olympics where people represent their country.

I was born in Australia but have grand parents born overseas, a wife whose parents are from another country. I'm technically catholic but have no religious beliefs, and also have Jewish roots from one of my grand parents. I have gay friends, straight friends, Italian friends, Asian friends, African friends, Muslim friends....

I detist real racism or prejudice. So I feel I can say I'm not racist and really mean it.

But this sh!t is getting out of hand with all this politically correct bullsh!t and does more harm tahn good IMO and as I said before makes me sad.

End rant.

But this whole world

Get me an aboriginal kid with our second pick!

In a pub, in a place, in the not too distant future...

"You want a beer mate?"
"yeah sweet"
"so where you goin again?"
"Argentina mate, 6 weeks, me and the boys."
"You lucky c***, chicks there are smokin!"
"woah, woah, woah, i think you've had enough mate, better go outside for some fresh air."
"bloody hell, the piss just doesn't seem to agree with Shayne anymore."
"since when was generalising about distinct biological groups on, dunno where he gets it."
"i think his old man used to post on that bigfooty site back at the turn of the century."
"****ing hell. never stood a chance..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

End rant.

That's racist.

End rant.

The problem is that while YOU know you're not racist, to everyone else you're just a name on a forum. That's fine that your Brazillian friend said that to you, but that's a personal conversation, I'm sure he knows where you're coming from. Political correctness isn't perfect and I can understand why you'd be frustrated, but personally I think it's better to err on the side of caution and cast aspersions in case someone on a public forum takes it the wrong way.

I agree that we need a flashy outside play maker (as boomer said, a Daniel Wells type), but surely we're after the best player at our pick and not the best player of a certain ethnic background.

The problem is that while YOU know you're not racist, to everyone else you're just a name on a forum. That's fine that your Brazillian friend said that to you, but that's a personal conversation, I'm sure he knows where you're coming from. Political correctness isn't perfect and I can understand why you'd be frustrated, but personally I think it's better to err on the side of caution and cast aspersions in case someone on a public forum takes it the wrong way.

I agree that we need a flashy outside play maker (as boomer said, a Daniel Wells type), but surely we're after the best player at our pick and not the best player of a certain ethnic background.

Pffft, everyone knows I'm not racist. I'm beautiful.

Ok. Now we're out officially, the focus for us turns to the draft. If we lose to Collingwood today, we finish 12th and get picks 7 & 24 in the first two rounds. If we beat the Pies, we finish 10th and get picks 9 & 26. I don't see a whole lot of difference between the two, remembering that we picked up Jack Ziebell with pick 9, but could have had Daniel Rich at pick 7 in that draft. (Truth be told, I am MUCH happier with Jack!)

Therefore, assuming we lose today, the focus turns to GWS, Melbourne, St Kilda, Bulldogs, Suns and the Eagles. Is it likely that any one of them would either a) want Luke McDonald or b) try to stiff us by pretending they want him, knowing we are committed to him?

Regardless, I like having those picks as compensation for a horrible season. Hopefully we choose well, and not just what the phantom draft people say we should do.

The big result could be the Eagles finishing the spot below us if we lose.

Could potentially take someone like Garlett ahead of us there imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview 2013 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back