Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Watts to Carlton is growing legs.

Not happening.

His decision will be based on if the new coach has him in his plans for the future, if so - he'll stay.

I talked to him at a supporter function, he made it very clear that he (also named two other players) found it difficult under Neeld due to constant criticism and an open lack of confidence in his future at the club.

Help settle an argument that I was having with a Carlton supporter last night

We were discussing what we would give up for the Num 1 pick

So this is what we both said so ill let you guys decide which is the better deal for GWS

Pies - 1st pick, Sidebottom, Brown
Blues - 1st pick, Simpson, Warnock

This one is growing legs all the time.
Will be as a free agent if at all.

if you re-signed franklin then signing cooney would be impossible.

only way you could sign cooney is if franklin leaves, and as you wont know that until the last moment i doubt you are chasing cooney hard right now. this means any leaks regarding hawks going for cooney has to be bull.

Help settle an argument that I was having with a Carlton supporter last night

We were discussing what we would give up for the Num 1 pick

So this is what we both said so ill let you guys decide which is the better deal for GWS

Pies - 1st pick, Sidebottom, Brown
Blues - 1st pick, Simpson, Warnock

Pies trade is MILES ahead.

Sidebottom worth pick 1 alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues deal doesn't come close to the Pies. GWS could do with midfield class- Sidebottom and a good backman- Brown.

His opinion was Simpson still has plenty of class and Warnock is on par with Brown which I found amazing

Simpson is the weak part of the deal. Sidebottom and Brown are both really useful pieces and in the right age group. Warnock would be an upgrade on Brogan, but Simpson's already 29 and will be gone in a few years whereas Sidebottom will be around for years to come. Collingwood every day of the week.

Wait, wasn't it Cooney and Lake who weren't on speaking terms last year because their Mrs had a blow up?

Disclaimer: Only a very vague recollection of this and could be way off the mark.

if you re-signed franklin then signing cooney would be impossible.

only way you could sign cooney is if franklin leaves, and as you wont know that until the last moment i doubt you are chasing cooney hard right now. this means any leaks regarding hawks going for cooney has to be bull.

It is likely coming from his manager for improved dollars in a contract. I've never known Hawthorn to signal as to whom they may be willing to trade for at this stage of a season.

As you say, if Franklin re-signs then there would be no hope to accommodate Cooney in the salary cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back